News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for FOAnatic

FOAnatic Profile Photo
Member Name: FOAnatic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Meet Me in St. Louis Broadway (1989)  Feb 10 2022, 01:30:49 PM

Thanks so much for both of your responses. Do either of you think this would work successfully today as a limited engagement around the holidays? Based on both of you, it sounds like there's promise, if it could be slightly reworked. I wonder if recent productions have attempted such revisions. 

Nostalgia is capital around the holidays and most of the holiday limited engagements are far from revolutionary but, rather, are largely pre-packaged fun. Perhaps in a smaller theatre

Meet Me in St. Louis Broadway (1989)  Feb 10 2022, 12:51:37 PM

Curious if anyone on the board ever got to see the short-lived Broadway production of MEET ME IN ST. LOUIS that ran from Nov 1989 - Jun 1990 at the Gershwin. Love watching this movie around the holiday and was interested to see if it had ever been adapted. And, wouldn't ya know it? Seems like it had some merit in that it was nominated for Tonys for Best Musical, Book (Hugh Wheeler) and Original Score. But, I'm assuming part of the reason it didn't last was that holiday-esque musicals don't tend to fare well off-season. 

I see, in recent years, it's been revived regionally. Wonder if it would ever work as a limited holiday engagement on Broadway. 

If anyone was around at the time and attended, would love to hear thoughts. 

PLAZA SUITE Postponed to Spring 2021  May 12 2020, 02:32:42 PM

That "no extra cost" email is a bunch of bunk. I bought my tickets directly from the box office a few months before the run. Last row balcony. $49 each. Apparently, after the purchase, the production released a new pricing structure increasing the price for the same seats to $79. When I finally got through to the Hudson (after dozens of calls), I was told to either pay the upcharge or go jump in a lake. 

Broadway’s Biggest Fan  Apr 5 2020, 01:22:55 PM
Bumping one final time. Voting ends tonight at midnight. If you can spare a vote for Erin, please do.

Thanks for your patience, all.

Broadway’s Biggest Fan  Apr 3 2020, 05:21:30 PM
Bump numero deux.

Voting runs thru Sunday. If you can, please bring a little light into a the life of another theatre lover.

Everyone could use a dose of good karma.

The Inheritance - Part 1 Finale  Apr 1 2020, 08:06:31 PM
Yes, I did receive the buck slip.

I was just more so mystified by the mechanics of it all.

The Inheritance - Part 1 Finale  Apr 1 2020, 06:32:26 PM

Apologies if this has been previously discussed. I attempted to comb the other threads and couldn't find a direct answer. 

This is a question to all those who have see The Inheritance Part 1, specifically regarding the finale. Since it does contain some spoiler content, I have included my inquiry below. 

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content
Broadway’s Biggest Fan  Mar 30 2020, 09:49:06 PM

Evening, all. Bumping for the sake of fellowship. If anyone has a free couple of seconds to vote for my friend - an ardent supporter of Broadway yet one who, unfortunately, rarely gets to visit - it would be appreciated more than you could know. Thanks!

Broadway’s Biggest Fan  Mar 28 2020, 08:47:45 PM

Good Evening, BWW. Please pardon the blatant shillery but a good friend of mine is a finalist in the Broadway.com “Broadway’s Biggest Fan” contest.

She is, undoubtedly, a fervent fan of the theatre but lives too far away to enjoy with any measure of regularity. So, if there’s anything I can do to help get her there, I’m gonna do it.

You can find her submission video at the link below. She is the raven-haired girl with the fair complexion. And her video, if I do say so, is pretty fantastic.

Of course, you’re welcome to vote for whomever you please. But, bias be damned, I’d certainly appreciate your consideration of and potential subsequent vote in her favor.

https://www.broadway.com/biggestfan/

Thank you!

What’s the last show you saw on Broadway before its closing?  Mar 15 2020, 11:14:20 AM
Who’s Afraid of Virginia Woolf.

Extraordinary. Really couldn’t have chosen better.

Broadway to Close?  Mar 14 2020, 12:22:37 PM

Let me preface this by saying I'm very aware that, in the macrocosm, this is a terribly trivial concern. 

However, I must say I'm very disappointed with how ATG/Plaza Suite have handled this situation. After 48 hours and 70+ calls to the box office, I finally got through to a representative who attempted (albeit barely) to assist in an exchange of my tickets. 

In November, I had purchased two $59 tickets to a preview performance of Plaza Suite

Jagged Little Pill Cast Recording  Nov 29 2019, 08:01:01 PM

You'll get your wish next year, Jordan. Per her bio in my Playbill from 11/14, she's got a new album due out in 2020. 

Happy 25th birthday to Disney on Broadway  Apr 19 2019, 04:13:20 PM

Universal has Harry Potter which won the Tony for its innovative  play and Disney just scraped through it makes me sad.

Except Universal has nothing to do with Cursed Child. They merely own the theme park rights to "Harry Potter." Warner Brothers owns the film rights. And neither studio is involved with Cursed Child. The play is produced by Sonia Friedman Productions, Colin Callender and Harry Potter Theatrical Productions (which consi

BEETLEJUICE Previews  Mar 29 2019, 02:03:04 PM

Am I wrong in being let down that the Banana Boat bit was sung instead of lip-synched? I understand it's a musical and you have trained singers on stage and to do so might be a waste of resources. But, in my opinion, half of the humor in that scene from the movie is that - out of nowhere - Harry Belafonte's voice comes bellowing out of Delia's mouth. And, little by little, as her body movies he slowly inhabits the rest of her. 

I can appreciate the need for a direc

Kelli O'Hara led Kiss Me Kate 2019 Broadway Revival!!!  Jun 28 2018, 12:41:26 PM

Will. Chase. 

Could we have gotten more of a Wonder Bread decision?

Alice Cooper cast as King Herod in NBC's JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR LIVE  Dec 8 2017, 01:35:33 PM

Also joining the production is esteemed British theatre director David Leveaux.

Press release to hit today.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 11:21:47 AM

Correct, it gave me best available.

I'm side Balcony, but closer to the middle.

Really, I was OK with almost anything. Heh.

HARRY POTTER AND THE CURSED CHILD to Take the Lyric Theatre in 2018  Oct 18 2017, 11:17:04 AM

Sort of surprised how simple that was.

For whatever reason, I couldn't search by price level in March or April. But, May worked just fine.

Weirdly enough it said there were no avails in the $80+ range. But I snagged a couple of $40 seats.

I've sat last row in the old Lyric and it didn't bother me. Just happy I was able to get in at all, really.

Phyllis Diller as DOLLY  May 17 2017, 04:58:32 PM

Anyone on the boards ever get to see her in the role (or maybe some footage)?

I'm ashamed to say I had no idea she ever played it and I find the idea fascinating.

She certainly had the brassy persona.

Would love to hear some stories.

Writers/Composers Competing Against Themselves  Apr 30 2015, 08:58:04 AM

Realized yesterday that, with ON THE TOWN and ON THE TWENTIETH CENTURY in the Best Musical Revival category at the TONYs this year, we have two Comden & Green shows vying for the same prize.

I can't recall the last time this happened but surely this isn't the first instance.

Can anyone recall the last time two shows by the same writers/composers were up against each other for awards?

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You