News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for munkustrap178

munkustrap178 Profile Photo
Member Name: munkustrap178
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

What is your favorite Tony Award winning performance of all time?  Jun 15 2017, 08:58:53 PM

Cherry Jones, Doubt

Victoria Clark, The Light in the Piazza

Julie White, The Little Dog Laughed

Christine Ebersole, Grey Gardens

HEDWIG TOUR  Jun 12 2017, 06:53:42 PM

As far as I can tell, Hedwig did not sell well in Boston, and I'm not entirely sure why. As has already been mentioned, there was very little press and advertising. I have found both Hedwig and the Boch Center's social media adeptness to be lacking. 

The show was not marketed well and, if you ask me, the tickets were overpriced. 

With that said, I found Euan to be tremendous and the show tours well. 

Mame Revival (In my dreams)  Jun 12 2017, 06:47:36 PM

My dream would be Meryl and Glenn, maybe switching roles a la Little Foxes.

Critics that have gotten into hot water  Jun 19 2015, 03:35:15 PM

That's so interesting...thank you.

Critics that have gotten into hot water  Jun 19 2015, 09:54:34 AM

Thank!

Any more?

Critics that have gotten into hot water  Jun 18 2015, 03:40:46 PM

That's great, thank you!

Critics that have gotten into hot water  Jun 18 2015, 03:02:58 PM

Hi all,

I would like to pick your brains about theatre critics, other than John Simon, who have gotten into hot water over their remarks.

What are some instances where a theatre critic has caused outrage?  Or, less dramatically, angered a director or an actor?  

I'm not looking for any Reidel/Weinstein or Reidel/Leveaux tales here.  I'm really looking for cases where a critic has written something unnecessarily mean, cruel, rac

Limited View at Boston Opera House?  Jun 1 2015, 02:09:48 AM

I'm responding to the original poster, who specifically cited ONCE.

In terms of the Opera House, I think that a partial view orchestra seat will always be better than a full-view seat in the less expensive rear mezzanine or balcony.  

Limited View at Boston Opera House?  Jun 1 2015, 12:19:54 AM

ONCE isn't going to be at The Opera House, it's going to be at The Shubert.

Is Robert Fairchild the best actor this year, or the best dancer?  May 31 2015, 05:29:22 PM

Exactly, best PERFORMANCE by an Actor.  If he wasn't an actor, he wouldn't be in this category.

Fairchild is just as much of an actor as anyone else on Broadway this year.  If you think that he's not because he's a dancer, you've got some issues.

I have a feeling he's going to win.

So, who's winning the Tony? Tony Awards Predictions  May 27 2015, 11:41:47 PM

"An American in Paris" will obviously win.  

Billy Elliott  May 27 2015, 11:16:17 PM

I definitely understand your perspective.  

I think that I find John's score particularly forgettable because, like you said, it worked so very well within the context of the show that -- to me -- the cast recording is borderline unlistenable.

They're doing it this summer at the North Shore Music Theatre in MA.  I'm thinking of checking it out.

Darren Criss in Hedwig  May 27 2015, 09:53:32 PM

I actually do not like Neil Patrick Harris' voice at all.  I found it very "Broadway" and I didn't think it suited the score at all.

Ladies and Gentleman....Taye Diggs is your next Hedwig  May 27 2015, 02:00:18 PM

These are the first posts that I have seen by Carlos, and I must say, I'm hooked.  So glad I returned to this board, we could have some real fun with this one.

Darren Criss in Hedwig  May 27 2015, 12:36:42 PM

It's nice to see you on here, Jane.  It's been a handful of years for me.

Darren Criss in Hedwig  May 27 2015, 12:01:30 PM

SDV:  I didn't mean to imply that all one needs to portray Hedwig successfully is charisma and a nice voice.

What I intended to say was that, with stage presence and a great voice, Hedwig (the show, not the woman) will never be an entirely unsalvageable experience.  Those two attributes will generally be enough sugar to help the medicine go down and sell the show to the general theatergoing public.

Fiddler on the Roof is BACK: November 2015  May 27 2015, 10:25:45 AM

That's true.  It would be utterly fascinating to see how much Laura Michelle Kelly has grown over the last 10 years.

Fiddler on the Roof is BACK: November 2015  May 27 2015, 10:19:54 AM

No she shouldn't.

Darren Criss in Hedwig  May 27 2015, 10:19:00 AM

First of all, I don't know what "increadible" means.

Second of all, "A good deal of it is coming from people with a bias, but a lot of it also seems to be very unbiased..." is one of the most idiotic sentences I have ever read.

I saw Mr. Criss 2 weeks ago.  Vocally, his Hedwig is a powerhouse.  Much of the subtle humor is lost, and he doesn't quite get into the character's head; it's slightly more of a caricatur

Billy Elliott  May 27 2015, 10:08:45 AM

I remember really liking it at the time, but as the years have worn on, I must tell you that I can't remember a single thing about the show.

It was a well-crafted show with excellent performances, but the parts have always been greater than the sum for me.

The entire show, particularly John's score, is forgettable.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You