pixeltracker

The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!- Page 2

The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#25The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 12:44pm

There was a website I remember a few years ago that mailed out little cards to put in the SA buckets that said something like "this could have been a donation if..."
Does anyone remember these or know if they're still available anywhere?

http://www.wgrz.com/news/news_article.aspx?storyid=24954

I don't know how much of the money donated to the Salvation Army goes to donations, and how much goes to administration

That is why I'm more comfortable with their Angel program or other charities that let you donate items rather than money. I would rather give a winter coat to someone who may not have one than pay someone's salary.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#26The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 11/22/10 at 1:58pm

Harvey has weighed in on his FB. Here is a link he provided below his comments.
http://chicago.gopride.com/news/article.cfm/articleid/1824489/6144

HUSSY POWER! ------ HUSSY POWER!

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#27The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 11/23/10 at 11:59am

I have to print more vouchers. They are everywhere.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#28The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 11/23/10 at 1:29pm

Whenever anyone throws out the "theological" crap I like to point them to the film "Robin Hood: Prince of Thieves":

Azeem: Salaam, little one.
Small Girl: Did God paint you?
Azeem: Did God paint me? For certain.
Small Girl: Why?
Azeem: Because Allah loves wondrous varieties.

That's the way I like to think about it. God created us all.

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#29The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 11/23/10 at 1:33pm

The only good thing I can say about those annoying bell ringers is that they don't ask people personally for donations. They just ring their bells and if you want to give you can give.

Although a part of me would love for them to ask me so I could tell to go to hell and bask in their shocked reaction.

....but the world goes 'round

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#30The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 11/23/10 at 1:34pm

I've never given anything to Salvation Army. I give to BCEFA every Christmas.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

tazber Profile Photo
tazber
#31The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 11/23/10 at 1:37pm

Amen MM. Me too. And this year I'm also giving to The Trevor Project and the ASPCA.

I also help run a food drive every year the homeless to have Thanksgiving and Christmas meals.

But the Salvation Army can stick it where the sun don't shine.

....but the world goes 'round

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#32The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 11/23/10 at 2:06pm

I also give to the Christopher & Dana Reeve Foundation

mauriposa
kelzama
#34The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 11/24/10 at 11:09am

Salvation Army's official position (according to their website)

Homosexuality

The Salvation Army holds a positive view of human sexuality. Where a man and a woman love each other, sexual intimacy is understood as a gift of God to be enjoyed within the context of heterosexual marriage. However, in the Christian view, sexual intimacy is not essential to a healthy, full, and rich life. Apart from marriage, the scriptural standard is celibacy.

Sexual attraction to the same sex is a matter of profound complexity. Whatever the causes may be, attempts to deny its reality or to marginalize those of a same-sex orientation have not been helpful. The Salvation Army does not consider same-sex orientation blameworthy in itself. Homosexual conduct, like heterosexual conduct, requires individual responsibility and must be guided by the light of scriptural teaching.

Scripture forbids sexual intimacy between members of the same sex. The Salvation Army believes, therefore, that Christians whose sexual orientation is primarily or exclusively same-sex are called upon to embrace celibacy as a way of life. There is no scriptural support for same-sex unions as equal to, or as an alternative to, heterosexual marriage.

Likewise, there is no scriptural support for demeaning or mistreating anyone for reason of his or her sexual orientation. The Salvation Army opposes any such abuse.

In keeping with these convictions, the services of The Salvation Army are available to all who qualify, without regard to sexual orientation. The fellowship of Salvation Army worship is open to all sincere seekers of faith in Christ, and membership in The Salvation Army church body is open to all who confess Christ as Savior and who accept and abide by The Salvation Army's doctrine and discipline.

AbbaRabbit Profile Photo
AbbaRabbit
#35The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 11/27/10 at 6:05pm

i look forward to this thread every year the same way i look forward to my cousin's annual anti-thanksgiving rant.

Less is more
Ugly is beautiful
"My brother plays a drag queen... and I'm surprised he looks as good as he does in drag." - Adam Rapp

"thanks, abba. now i'll forever have an image of you as a tattoed hardcore straightedge grrl savaging people in the mosh pit." - papalovesmambo

"Yeah Abba. All the filthy crap you spew out there on those boards. I for one, am equally shocked. :-P" - AnnaK

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#36The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 11/27/10 at 9:08pm

It is good to remind people AR.

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#37The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 12/9/10 at 3:49pm

More STUPIDITY from the SA!

http://joemygod.blogspot.com/2010/12/salvation-army-trashes-harry-potter.html

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#38The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 12/9/10 at 9:49pm

And now I'm wondering about their adopt an angel program. And I thought I'd found a loophole, darnit

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#39The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 12/10/10 at 8:52am

So glad religion is not such a big thing here in the UK lol

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

romantico Profile Photo
romantico
#40The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 12/14/10 at 10:56pm

Salvation Army In Chicago Reports 13 Percent Decline In Donations; Anti-Gay Stance At Root?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2010/12/14/salvation-army-in-chicago_n_796669.html

'There are three sides to every story. My side, your side, and the truth. And no one is lying. Memories shared serve each one differently' -Robert Evans-

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#41The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 12/4/11 at 6:45pm

Time of the year to bump this reminder.

DAME Profile Photo
DAME
#42The Salvation Army is a nasty anti-gay evangelical church, don't give them a dime!
Posted: 11/27/18 at 11:15am

Maybe this one is the one I should have bumped.

Videos