News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for DAME

DAME Profile Photo
Member Name: DAME
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jul 17 2024, 09:37:29 AM

JasonC3 said: "DAME said: "Where is this casting notice? I would be interested in reading about Wolfes concept. That word "concept" scares me a little. Makes me think of that recent awful Fiddler revival with the framing device."
A simple Google search would take you to this BWW article with the casting notice:
https://www.broadwayworld.com/equity-audition/GYPSY--Broadway--Wherever-We-Go-LLC-2024-43279

I'd make it a direct link but the site isn't showing me the menu bar to do that.
"

Thank you so much.  I was able to find it .  I must have missed it.  

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season!
 Jul 17 2024, 02:45:39 AM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "IfMusicaldudepeter's unsubstantiated rumor is to be believed, it's a Tonywinnerwho has done drag. Will Swenson is not a Tony winner.

And for the zillionth time, it will not be Brian Stokes Mitchell unless Wolfe has changed his concept since the casting notice went out: Herbie will be played by a white actor, and "passing" for white is different than actually being white, especially if the sh

Shorts in the theater
 Jul 17 2024, 02:34:08 AM

Yep.  I remember the days when you used to have to write away for Broadway tickets, list alternate dates, and send a self addressed envelope.  Going to a Broadway show was a big event.  I don't care what people are wearing by the way.  If I am in the city in the summer and go to the theater I dress for comfort. 

Shorts in the theater
 Jul 16 2024, 05:50:40 PM

HogansHero said: "The average July temp in Central Park has increased 6 degrees since 1890 (to 79) and there is no basis for believing it will not push into the 80s.

The average adult male height in the US has increased by 3 inches in the last 100 years. (Body mass even more!)

The world never stops evolving; it's a shame that the attitudes of some don't.

In the fall, when temps drop into the 50s and 60s, we will start to see fur coats show up

Shorts in the theater
 Jul 10 2024, 02:28:35 AM

It is that time.

Funny Girl Tour cast changes.
 Jul 3 2024, 04:53:51 PM

They really have no excuse for any of this. In this day of age where they have your email and your cell number and notices go out so quickly. They should’ve let you know ahead of time. Plus, I think this absence was previously scheduled. Since all the swings and understudies have been posting when they’re going on under their Instagram pages. I am so sorry you had to go through this. 

Stereophonic Smoking Herbal
 Jun 28 2024, 09:01:46 PM

I smoked a blunt before the play.  It was fabulous.

APPROPRIATE Transferring to the Belasco
 Jun 23 2024, 10:51:28 AM

RUkiddingme said: "MemorableUserName said: "If anyone wants to see Appropriate and doesn't mind missing Sarah Paulson, she's out today, so there's a lot of availability. Someone on Reddit reported they got good orchestra seats at the box office for $45 (the rush price)."

I'm not so good with Reddit. Can someone share a link where people talk about rush tickets there? Thank you.
"

I wouldn’t mind a tutorial on Reddit

'CATS: The Jellicle Ball' at PAC reviews
 Jun 22 2024, 06:47:10 PM

He is smiling from heaven. Going in a few days with our mutual friend Barry visiting from Israel. It’ll be so special.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Jun 22 2024, 11:52:18 AM

Once I got stuck with Benko instead of Lea.  I still wanted to see Beno as I was curious. I got a full refund at the box office and ran like a crazy person to TKTS. Paid very little and got a better seat. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jun 19 2024, 06:07:43 PM

NYadgal said: "And, I, too, was in the front row mezz last night.

Perfect seats on a perfect night with perfect celebrations from beginning to end.
"

OMG.  I was front row mezz as well.  I would have loved to say hi to you.  It was my second time seeing this production.

Jun 12 2024, 05:56:47 PM

We saw the show again on its last weekend in Costa Mesa.  My friend has played with one of the  touring musicians in the past. We got go hang out after and meet Melissa and Katerina.  Both extremely friendly and down to earth.  Katerina speaks Spanish ( a Cubana) so we chatted for a while.  Its not a secret.  If you check out the understudy’s Instagram, I believe her name is Hannah, you’ll see some clues as to where the casting is going.

Al

Jun 12 2024, 05:20:06 PM

Hey folks, you have till the end of August to catch Katerina in Funny Girl. I am telling you this is a performance worth seeing. Fabulous.   Other cast changes to take place as well.  I believe Texas is the last stop for the current cast as it is now.

Audra McDonald-led GYPSY for 2024-2025 Season?
 May 29 2024, 04:19:39 PM

Now this is how you re open a legendary Broadway house.

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 5/19/24
 May 23 2024, 01:25:57 PM

MayAudraBlessYou2 said: "Yes, I understand your point entirely. But finding success in regional markets is almost always easier when the show has spent time on Broadway (even as a flop). There will be more press, more powerful industry figures will have seen it, you can advertise it as a Broadway musical which has pull for the general public, etc. Disaster was famously upfront in admitting that they knew they would not be a success on Broadway, but they needed to produce it there for

Is Ben Platt Reopening The Palace theatre with a concert for his new Album?
 May 21 2024, 02:30:01 PM

They will do the same as they did for his last tour.  They will comp the hell out of it.  When we got freebies to see him at the Hollywood Bowl the place was empty.  They moved everyone to the front sections to give it a feel of a crowd.  If you look at his social media posts from the time one could easily be fooled to believe it was a sold out crowd.  His performance was fine.  But the whole affair was a big "WHY?" .

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews
 May 16 2024, 05:23:15 PM

Owen22 said: "Broadway Flash said: "They did a nice job on GMA. It was much better than what Water for elephants and heart of rock and roll did."

Because, simply, The Great Gatsby has consistently better songs than any other of the big spring shows. You can argue about the adaptation, but this musical has a way better ratio of catchy uptunes and gorgeous ballads. The opening number has already taken over Tik Tok and the idea that Gatsby's score wasn&

Mrs Doubtfire Tour Feedback
 May 16 2024, 02:24:06 AM

If you have the urge to see this then do yourself a favor and make sure to buy a discount ticket or shop stubhub for a last minute very cheap seat.  It is a mediocre affair at best.  I also saw it in Chicago and even if it wasn't a non union show it still felt extremely cheap.  And I like Rob.  But felt sad for him in this. You could feel him cashing his check.  Know what I mean?

Sleep No More - what kind of shape is it in?
 May 14 2024, 12:22:07 PM

I only went once and left about 40 minutes in.  I hated it. I was hot  under that mask and hated the crowds .  But it’s been around and seems to be very popular. If you do go, don’t spend a lot of money.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 May 9 2024, 05:47:32 PM

Well.. that is exactly how it is being described.  And that is how I felt about it when I saw it.  I thought it failed.  But I thought that is what they were going for.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You