Roisin Murphy new LP

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#25Roisin Murphy new LP
Posted: 10/22/15 at 12:16am

Another gorgeous, wonderfully weird self-directed video, this time for "Unputdownable".  I'm not sure if this one is as reference heavy as the prior ones.  I honestly have no idea what's going on, but I get the impression that Roisin does.  Man, she really could launch a second careers as music video director.  What a great eye she has.  

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Jay Lerner-Z
#26Roisin Murphy new LP
Posted: 4/19/16 at 5:05pm

New record due July!

After an eight year wait for the last one, who expected a new record so soon? "Hairless Toys" still feels new. The new one is from the same sessions.

Roisin Murphy new LP

The title comes from the tune written about Dublin’s former red light district by George Desmond Hackett and popularised by The Dubliners.

The lead track, 'Mastermind', has just been premiered on SoundCloud and is a shimmering electropop delight.      Listen here!

Beyoncé is not an ally. Actions speak louder than words, Mrs. Carter. #Dubai #$$$

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#27Roisin Murphy new LP
Posted: 4/19/16 at 6:26pm

I can't believe we're getting a new Roisin album just one year later.  Thank God it's not another nearly decade long break.  Loving the new song; feels like a natural evolution from the exquisite Hairless Toys.  I can't wait to see where she takes this album visually - seems like we'll be getting a lot of interesting architecture and cityscapes.  I was so bowled over by all of her self-directed videos from Hairless Toys.  Apparently, she'll be directing all the videos for THUTM as well.  

Also, LOL, just noticed that that's her face on every person on the album cover.  

HorseTears Profile Photo
HorseTears
#28Roisin Murphy new LP
Posted: 5/18/16 at 1:47am

Jay!!!  How great is this?  Brutalist-chic.  I'm amazed at what she accomplishes with probably 1/100th the resources of your average pop star.  What a brilliant woman.  She has all the right screws loose.  

Videos