News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for HorseTears

HorseTears Profile Photo
Member Name: HorseTears
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Dracula vs. Waiting for Godot vs. Spain vs. Translations vs. Scene Partners?  Nov 11 2023, 08:52:53 PM

Have an upcoming brief NY trip with one slot available for an Off-Broadway production. Deciding between...

• Dracula: A Comedy of Terrors
  • Waiting for Godot w/ Michael Shannon at Theatre for A New Audience
  • Translations at Irish Rep
  • Spain at 2nd Stage
  • Scene Partners with Dianne Wiest at Vineyard 
  • Sabbath's Theater with John Turturro at The New Group

Thoughts/recommendations? 

Betty Buckley sings Radiohead  Sep 26 2016, 01:54:40 AM

Um, hello?  Are you guys going to leave us hanging?  Which Radiohead song(s) did she sing?  Please tell me it was "Idioteque".

Vocal Dubbing in the Film Version of INTO THE WOODS  Sep 26 2016, 01:52:33 AM

Ha.  I enjoyed reading this thread, even if it is a bit nutty.  You know, when watching the film I kept trying to think of whose voice Meryl's singing reminded me of.  It definitely was Donna.  It seems almost believable; especially given her connection to the piece on stage and in film.  

I definitely do not hear Bernadette on that one line, though.  I think that's a bit ridiculous.

Anyway, since Disney is a publ

Laura Michelle Kelly & Jose Llana to Lead THE KING & I National Tour!  Sep 14 2016, 08:46:06 PM

I'm happy to have an actual Brit playing Anna.  No offense to the lovely Kelli O'Hara, but that "accent" was... well, "A" for effort, Kelli, "A" for effort.  

Is A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC coming back?  Aug 5 2016, 12:50:04 AM

I think that's a touch unfair.  Sally Ann Howes was WONDERFUL in the NY Opera production.  And sang the score with remarkable restraint for a legit singer.  Usually I can't stand hearing the part sung by a 'proper' singer as they always oversing, but I thought Sally Ann Howes showed remarkable restraint and she absolutely nailed the characterization.  

And, with all due respect to Hermione Gingold, I think Regina Resnik's Mdme. A wa

Ben Brantley On Barbra Streisand  Aug 3 2016, 09:16:35 PM

Is this the first time Babs has toured with a band instead of a full orchestra?  I assume ticket prices are just as high as before (if not higher)?  

Curious Dog Closing  Jun 14 2016, 05:20:12 PM

One of the best experiences I've ever had in the theatre.  I was chatting with an older relative who's been going to see West End and Broadway shows since the 1950s - mostly musicals - and I asked him what his favorite recent production was.  Without hesitating, he mentioned Curious as not only his favorite recent production, but one of his favorite of all time.  

Who made the most of their 4 minutes?  Jun 13 2016, 04:34:14 AM

I was completely caught off guard by Jessie Mueller in Waitress.  They started that performance with an innocuous and rather silly song with lots of indicating and coffee shop props that kinda made me roll my eyes.  But, the second half of the performance with the pregnant Mueller at the couch?  WOW.  This woman has soul.  I'm not even familiar with the film or the plot of the musical so I wasn't even sure exactly what she was singing about, but I GOT IT. &nbs

GLASS MENAGERIE revival this fall, starring Sally Field - Directed by Sam Gold?  Jun 6 2016, 05:32:50 PM

LOL @ the histrionics of standingovation79.  Calm down, girl.  It's one of the most beloved plays of the 20th c and, of course, offers one of the best parts in the theatre for actresses of a certain age.  I expect it to be revived several more times in my lifetime.  I'm actually more excited about Joe Mantello.  You just KNOW that he has Tom in his bones.  I'm expecting this to rival his work in The Normal Heart.  

Broadway Theatre Backstage Conditions  May 28 2016, 05:18:28 PM

OP - that sounds miserable.  Totally understand why you'd want to publicly vent (no pun intended) on a theatre messageboard.  But, yeah, Hogan's right, this sounds like an issue that the unions should be taking to the producers, no?  

Prince Remembered at The Color Purple Tonight  Apr 22 2016, 04:11:44 AM

Wow.  Assume that's Cynthia Erivo who sings first?  What a powerhouse voice and so much soul, so much passion in that power, too.  What a beautiful tribute.  

Ideas for Horace Vandergelder opposite Bette Midler  Jan 20 2016, 10:24:46 PM

Ed O'Neill? 

Bette Midler Confirms Broadway Return in HELLO DOLLY  Jan 19 2016, 08:11:59 AM

best12bars said: "For Horace?

If they want a name: Kelsey Grammar, John Lithgow, Alec Baldwin. James Woods, Alfred Molina.

Maybe Bette is all the "name" they need.

"

Won't James Woods be busy sending angry tweets about Hillary's first year as POTUS? Grammar does seem like a natural for the role.  

Hello Again Movie Musical Filming  Dec 1 2015, 07:36:37 PM

So, Audra is the 5,197th most popular actor on IMDB?  

West Side Story revival casting ideas  Nov 9 2015, 09:17:44 AM

Cheets Rivera as Officer Krupke 

Celebrities you'd like to see on Broadway  Nov 8 2015, 08:04:44 PM

FindingNamo said: "Plays are too dry for my liking so I never go, to be honest.

And then there's the whole ACCENT thing."

And don't get me started on foreign films.   IF I WANTED TO READ, I'D GO TO THE LIBRARY.  

I'd like to see Tilda Swinton, Gillian Anderson, Laura Dern, Romola Garai or Christina Hendricks on Broadway.  

Beyonce has given her approval to Groffsauce's walk  Oct 28 2015, 05:46:07 PM

Aw.  I love this.  

BroadwayHD  Oct 26 2015, 03:09:47 PM

Did the founder's elderly British uncle leave him all of his old BBC VHS tapes?  

Laverne Cox to star in Rocky Horror on FOX  Oct 24 2015, 12:49:47 AM

They should have cast RuPaul.  

Who's Your Baghdaddy? Or How I Started the Iraq War Previews  Oct 23 2015, 07:46:08 PM

Heard such good things about this show from a friend the other day.  Let us know how it is, Veronica.  And good luck with the stalking! 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You