News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Jay Lerner-Z

Jay Lerner-Z Profile Photo
Member Name: Jay Lerner-Z
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Hello

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

farewell Kimmy!
 Apr 28 2024, 06:24:55 PM

The last two Best Musicals closing within a year only makes their Tonys MORE meaningful. The awards show that these shows did not slip by unnoticed and unappreciated.

If the Tonys were only ever a promotional tool to sell tickets, well then they never had much meaning anyway.

Feel stressed when arriving to the theatre?
 Apr 25 2024, 05:38:32 PM

Recently, one lady near the aisle refused to get up for me told me to go around to the other side and make my way to my seat from there. She expected me to disturb at least 20 others instead of her even though my seat was only two away from hers.

People suck, wherever there is people there is stress.

Canceled Productions That Eventually Happened?
 Apr 25 2024, 02:02:20 PM

Plaza Suite.

After two years, SJP and Matthew Broderick could have just moved onto other things, but they brought it back out of love for the project.

London/West End in July
 Apr 25 2024, 11:57:12 AM

I’m not sure it counts as a West End show, but I personally would love to see ABBA Voyage. Seems like a real visual spectacular.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 05:25:11 PM

Can she do a British accent?

Apr 22 2024, 05:20:18 PM

I doubt it.

It’s not like some dark cloud of controversy hangs over it. Especially if it’s their first time on Broadway, they’ll still want to live the dream. They might even have the ego to think they can turn things around.

Has Anyone Read “ Murder at the Adelphi: A rehearsal diary of the original London production of the musical ‘Sunset Boulevard’”?
 Apr 22 2024, 04:18:04 PM

Not a great blurb. We can see already that he is totally on Patti’s side. He calls her “warm”. Also not sure how Marilyn Monroe fits in. Whatever, I’d still read it.

Apr 22 2024, 02:31:17 PM

P.S. Sad, and surprising, to read that Christopher Isherwood was anti Semitic.

Apr 22 2024, 02:28:11 PM

Thanks, Wick. That Jean Ross wiki page is for sure interesting. I knew Sally was based on a real person, but never knew it was so close to reality.

Apr 22 2024, 01:55:35 PM

What class is Sally Bowles?

Obviously struggling financially in Berlin, but she sounds as if she was raised with wealth. A Kensington/Chelsea/Belgravia accent is the usual, like Natasha Richardson or Jessie Buckley. I assume Gayle does the same?

Why does she need to be “posh”? I think it’s important, because if she was an Eliza Doolittle type working class woman, she would have been beaten down by the upper society and not been able to flit off to Germany t

Actor, director, stage manager, and producer Jerry Adler has written a memoir: "Too Funny for Words: Backstage Tales from Broadway, Television, and the Movies"
 Apr 22 2024, 10:20:39 AM

I’ve always liked him!

I couldn’t have told you his name, but I for sure recognize the face. I remember him most from Woody Allen’s Manhattan Murder Mystery.

Shows that were considerably changed after their Broadway run
 Apr 22 2024, 08:46:13 AM

Chess was changed FOR Broadway, not after it... right? It just reverted back to the original West End version after that, or is it now a blend of the two? It 

Seeing a show when you're not feeling great
 Apr 21 2024, 05:44:40 PM

Which is kinda stupid and self-defeating. COVID as we all know can only harm Broadway.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club Previews
 Apr 21 2024, 04:30:56 PM

Thanks. Jake seems perfect for the role. Though I suppose the only reason they got an EP was because of their outside music careers, not because they outshone the originals.

Apr 21 2024, 04:09:53 PM

Did anyone here see Jake Shears and Self Esteem in the London show? Just listening to their EP now, it’s great! Hopefully at least one of them makes it to Broadway too.

It’s Patti’s 75th Birthday!
 Apr 21 2024, 03:24:43 PM

That time she played a Greek mother on Frasier.

Apr 21 2024, 03:22:28 PM

Don’t fret.

There’s no harm in keeping the thread around, it might even serve as a reminder to others. Maybe that lady DAME mentioned reads these boards.

Apr 21 2024, 02:42:43 PM

Do shows offer refunds for ticket buyers with a sniffle or cough?

I do agree that anyone with something contagious should absolutely stay at home, but I also understand why people might not want to sacrifice $500 worrying over something that might never happen.

As for me, I remember feelling awful the night I saw Book of Mormon. Tired, depressed, just generally worn out and not in the mood. I’d booked the seats months before, and didn’t want to miss

Apr 20 2024, 04:53:15 PM

Well... perhaps I described it too bluntly.

I’m just wondering if that production had any influence on this one. It had a long life over there, revivals and tours. Perhaps it sank into the Cabaret psyche as much as the Mendes Marshall one, at least in that part of the world.

Apr 20 2024, 02:43:09 PM

How come the Rufus Norris production never made it to Broadway?

This new version is constantly compared to the Sam Mendes one, but where does Norris fit in? I’ve read that this current run is the darkest iteration of the show yet, but also that the Norris one ended with the cast stripping naked and heading onto a gas chamber.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You