NBC's The Slap

Gothampc
#125NBC'S THE SLAP
Posted: 4/5/15 at 11:51am

I know that final scene was supposed to be meaningful, but oh brother!  I half expected the kid to ask Uma Thurman if she would nurse him while he held the baby.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.
Updated On: 4/5/15 at 11:51 AM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#126NBC'S THE SLAP
Posted: 4/5/15 at 11:54am

That would have been a Kodak moment. When he suckled to hard, she could get mad and slug the kid & viola next seasons The Punch.

Poster Emeritus

Gothampc
#127NBC'S THE SLAP
Posted: 4/5/15 at 12:05pm

"next seasons The Punch."

Then we can hear Melissa George's bad Brooklyn accent and do some more investigative work as to what accent Blythe Danner was using.

If anyone ever tells you that you put too much Parmesan cheese on your pasta, stop talking to them. You don't need that kind of negativity in your life.

ArtMan
#128NBC'S THE SLAP
Posted: 4/5/15 at 12:22pm

Yeah. I was not a regular viewer until the last episode.  They flashed the breastfeeding scene from the party.  What is up with a seven year old getting breast fed?  No wonder, that kid had issues. And the Mother, OYE.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#129NBC'S THE SLAP
Posted: 4/5/15 at 12:55pm

By next season, Danner would be dead with her terminal illness unless she traveled to Lourdes for a spinoff  series The Cure

Poster Emeritus

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#130NBC'S THE SLAP
Posted: 4/6/15 at 2:59pm

I really hated the ending, but it was a fun watch overall.  They made most of the characters despicable enough that they were fun to hate.  I think the biggest revelation to come out of the whole thing was Uma Thurman not only being the strongest member of the cast, but playing the most grounded character.  I fell in love with her all over again.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

GavestonPS Profile Photo
GavestonPS
#131NBC'S THE SLAP
Posted: 4/6/15 at 5:59pm

"I know that final scene was supposed to be meaningful, but oh brother!  I half expected the kid to ask Uma Thurman if she would nurse him while he held the baby."

If only, Goth! At least that would have been an ending.

Videos