News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Mr Roxy

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Member Name: Mr Roxy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: No longer actively posting

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Steven Spielberg's WEST SIDE STORY - News & Discussion Thread  May 7 2021, 09:40:05 AM
Just saw the TCM interview with Chakiris,Moreno and Tamblyn. What surprised me was the diss from Moreno towards Wood. It centered on her not being hispanic. In all interviews like this none of them spoke ill of a cast member no longer alive. The fact that Wood died so young in the tragedy made it worse .

Wood was discussed basically as an afterthought. The interview was informative and fun .Sadly what I will remember is this sad part of it.Why she felt the need to do this I will never

From a Broadway Covid Safety Monitor  Sep 27 2021, 08:13:36 PM

iluvtheatertrash said: "God, you are insufferable, Roxy. And delusional. Argue til your lips turn blue, Trump made the pandemic worse than it had to be and he didn’t do a damn thing for the vaccine - SCIENTISTS DID. The same ones you continue to ignore.

Go. Away.
" I see why you do not accept messages. It a like a vault. Closed shut. I notice you ignored the hypocrisy of ordering people to get vaxxed and turning loose thousands of unvaxxed people in the

Michael Riedel's unhinged post-Tonys column  Sep 27 2021, 12:53:55 PM

Glad we no longer go. Now entertainment comes second to diversity and inclusion etc etc.Pure enjoyment no longer enters the mix.First rate drama forget it unless we have a quota for actors and playwrights..I enjoyed all the August Wilson plays I saw. I enjoyed certain actors but not once did I think I had to like a certain actor because of skin color.MLK is turning over in his grave right now

.Glad I have cd's and videos which will remind me of the Broadway we used to know and

Broadway Smokers ?  Sep 27 2021, 12:40:15 PM
Guys shooting up in broad daylight may not smell but is way more offensive .
Broadway Vaccination/Mask Requirements Extended through January 2, 2022  Sep 26 2021, 06:23:13 PM
This will cut into Christmas business .The homeless around midtown are a turn off also. Sitting in a cramped seat with a mask is not my idea of enjoyment .

This will come back once all the restrictions are lifted.We make this sacrifice while the government released 12,000 plus Haitian refugees into the country with no Co Vid shots .Many will make there way here. .Why the double standard?

My wife and I are fully vaxxed .We both have antibody protection and our primary doctor

Movie Musicals  Sep 26 2021, 06:09:09 PM
Enjoyed most of them.Loved In The Heights but Hamilton on stage did not cut it for me .15 minutes of a great quality boot saved me a lot of money.

2 musicals that were awful were A Chorus Line and Lost Horizon .A Funny Thing would have been a classic if Richard Lester did not gut the score

From a Broadway Covid Safety Monitor  Sep 26 2021, 04:33:09 PM

jlindsey865 said: "BrodyFosse123 said: "I hope this makes it to ALL the pre-show announcements. The COVID protocols is a team effort. I wouldn’t be surprised if it’s the women making the disgusting comments. This is why the name “Karen” found its new life. There never was a male name counterpart. "

Yeah - it’s Donald Trump. 

If not for him you might not have the vaccine by now.You can deny

Broadway Vaccination/Mask Requirements Extended through January 2, 2022  Sep 25 2021, 12:54:55 PM

Someone in a post prior asked when the masks will come off.

How about never.I am not being facetious but realistic .Another thought is not in the foreseeable future

Thoughts

Unpopular theatre opinions  Sep 20 2021, 07:10:15 PM
To Joart

Agree on 1& 2 .Did not see Six. Here are some really heavy duty ones

1 . Not a Hamilton fan. Loved In The Heights. Hamilton left my wife and I cold. After watching a great quality boot we gave up after 15 minutes We just did not get it
2. We are Frank Wildhorne fans .He only writes the music He does not write lyrics or the shows.We enjoy his musicals. Sadly most of his shows we will never see
3. We rarely hated shows .

Wynn Las Vegas closes ‘Le Rêve’ for good  Sep 14 2021, 03:23:41 PM
Same type of thing happened when Siegfried and Roy had to close. .As soon as Roy had the incident with the Tiger backstage they knew early on Roy would either be out for a while or he would never recover.The story goes that the crew and all those associated with it were given 10 minutes to clean out their lockers,as they knew he,would not be returning.

The show was great but when you have an encounter with one of them watch out.Some are as big as a Buick .

Believe a video of

R.I.P. Norm McDonald  Sep 14 2021, 03:04:45 PM
McDonald was one of the best of the early days of SNL. He died after a 9 year battle with cancer.It was not listed the type of cancer he succumbed to

He was 61.His deadpan sarcastic humor was a highlight of the news segment He will be missed

Annette musical on Prime  Sep 6 2021, 09:45:45 PM
Bailed after about 25 minutes
Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  Sep 5 2021, 03:29:53 PM
It was the original that eventually opened with Tommy Tune at the helm years later. It closed because Muni apparently got cold feet and said wasnt ready

Another whiff was the famed Mata Hari from David Merrick Opened and closed in D.C.

Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  Sep 5 2021, 03:13:23 PM

GWTW. Version of London show. Was to come to NY but opened and closed in     L A

Another was the original Grand Hotel with Paul Mini. Died in San Francisco I believe

Musicals that were announced but never materialised.  Sep 5 2021, 03:04:20 PM
Hellzapoppin with Jerry Lewis and Lynn Redgrave
Funny Girl  Aug 23 2021, 08:54:07 PM
I stand corrected.
Funny Girl  Aug 23 2021, 08:54:06 PM
I stand corrected.
Palace Theatre construction  Aug 23 2021, 07:04:39 PM
Thanks to all

Know the Brooklyn Paramount movie palace was supposed to be restored but it stopped dead in its tracks by the pandemic. No idea if it will ever be started up again

Palace Theatre construction  Aug 23 2021, 05:19:50 PM
Can anyone tell me whatever happened to the plan involving a total redo of the Palace and the plan for new retail there

Have not been in the area for about 5 years and just wondering if it ever got off the ground

Thanks

Micki Grant  Aug 23 2021, 05:16:40 PM
Saw Cope and really enjoyed it way back than
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You