News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ArtMan

Member Name: ArtMan
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Who’s stagedooring?  Jan 5 2022, 10:05:35 AM

JayElle, My last post was deleted also.  I was sent a nasty pm accusing me of being a bully and being abusive for my post in this thread.  If I was, I would apologize in a second.  But I am not apologizing for something that doesn't exist. From reading this thread, the majority of people are not stage dooring during Covid.  Then why the responses telling people not to...when they aren't?   I am going to take a long break from this site.  It is so tel

Who’s stagedooring?  Jan 4 2022, 09:06:53 AM

There must be something written on here with invisible ink, because I'm not seeing it.  Only one person in this entire thread stated they have stage doored recently and according to him/her, the cast gladly participated.  One other person, has questioned the "health risks" of stage dooring, but did state they were not participating in it, with the exception of one time.  The rest, including myself, know the risks of doing so and are NOT participating.  So whe

DOUBTFIRE to take nine week hiatus  Jan 2 2022, 07:54:49 PM

JSquared2 said: "ArtMan said: "It was stated in the article that if open and performances are cancelled cast/crew are paid. This way he ain't paying!"

Exactly -- that was my point. It is NOT stated in the article, but there had been a proposal from the League producers on the table that would have allowed shows to shut down for 8-10 weeks, but everyone would essentially remain on contract -- at a reduced rate of 25-35% of their salaries (which even f

DOUBTFIRE to take nine week hiatus  Jan 2 2022, 07:36:08 PM

ErmengardeStopSniveling said: "Alexander Lamar said: "Doesn’t sound like anyone would be getting paid while on hiatus. Did he have to get buy in from the unions for this?"

I ASSUME they are ending the contract of everyone currently employed, and then everyone will be offered their job at the same rate when perfs begin in March.
"

It stated that in the article.  Their contracts would end and if they choose to come back they will

Who’s stagedooring?  Jan 2 2022, 07:33:01 PM

When I visit, I stage door.  I don't collect autographs.  I like to take a picture if he/she agrees.  It is part of my memories from my trip and goes into an album of other pictures I take.  I will say for my last two trips, it was a relief to not stage door.  I had more time to do other things.  And for me, it was definitely too cold.  Too creepy?  I could say the same thing about some of the things that have been written over the years on this sit

DOUBTFIRE to take nine week hiatus  Jan 2 2022, 07:21:00 PM

It was stated in the article that if open and performances are cancelled cast/crew are paid.  This way he ain't paying!

COVID performance cancellation  Jan 2 2022, 06:41:50 PM

I'm glad I saw it also.  9 weeks?  Not to be negative, but I don't know if this will reopen?

COVID performance cancellation  Jan 2 2022, 05:52:45 PM

Scott R,  Is your flight direct or are you changing planes?  For me that would be included in the equation.    You also have to take in bad weather scenarios.  I personally (and I am being HONEST to say so), would rather not see a show then see a show with multiple understudies, a reduction of roles and reading from a book.  I am also the type to get stressed in a normal scenario, involving flights,etc.  There is no way I would go forward with a trip current

Who’s stagedooring?  Jan 2 2022, 03:09:39 PM

hearthemsing22 said: "ArtMan said: "Patti LuPone FANatic said: "During pre-Covid times, I was there for stage dooring (especially Chicago). Anyone who is even contemplating stage dooring now is absolutely bonkers."

So, knowing how much you LOVE Chicago and it's cast, if the cast of Chicago specifically asked for you, their number 1 fan, to participate in a video mailgram and you could not wear masks or social distance, would you decline? Kee

Who’s stagedooring?  Jan 1 2022, 10:32:02 PM

Patti LuPone FANatic said: "During pre-Covid times, I was there for stage dooring (especially Chicago). Anyone who is even contemplating stage dooring now is absolutely bonkers."

So, knowing how much you LOVE Chicago and it's cast, if the cast of Chicago specifically asked for you, their number 1 fan, to participate in a video mailgram and you could not wear masks or social distance, would you decline?  Keep in mind, the video would have more COVID risks, th

COVID performance cancellation  Dec 31 2021, 12:22:54 AM

Miles2Go2 said: "

Well, my PCR test was negative so I’ll be in NYC next week!

"

The 4th is right around the corner.  Have a great time!

COVID performance cancellation  Dec 30 2021, 11:56:00 PM

adotburr said: "mailhandler777 said: "Here in Hershey,PA masks are strongly encouraged but not mandatory and no vaccine mandates. I was a bit uncomfortable with a lady aside of me unmasked and leaning over almost in my lap to be able to see around the people in front of us. After a few glares she finally got the hint and put her mask on but was still leaning over into my seat."

People leaning into your seat space is annoying even before covid started.

2020-2021 Touring Season  Dec 30 2021, 05:23:32 PM

Wasn't To Kill A Mockingbird with Richard Thomas suppose to tour?  Or has that officially been called off?

The Prom tour Discount code DC  Dec 30 2021, 09:26:18 AM

mailhandler777 said: "ArtMan said: "You may want to look at Lucky Seats to see if your location has the lottery. I entered for Orlando, lost, but was offered $35 loser seat plus $5 in fees. Total $40 and I picked my seat. I drove all the way to Orlando (2 hours each way) and never saw the show. I talked myself out of it and drove home."

Why did you not go??
"

I drove down early.  Mismanaged my time.  Had a good 100 minutes befor

The Prom tour Discount code DC  Dec 30 2021, 08:52:39 AM

You may want to look at Lucky Seats to see if your location has the lottery.  I entered for Orlando, lost, but was offered $35 loser seat plus $5 in fees.  Total $40 and I picked my seat.  I drove all the way to Orlando (2 hours each way) and never saw the show.  I talked myself out of it and drove home.

THE MUSIC MAN Previews  Dec 29 2021, 04:49:14 PM

In the 2000 revival, both leads, Craig Bierko and Rebecca Luker, were nominated for lead.  Of course, Robert Preston won lead and Barbara Cook's Marian, won supporting.

David Byrne's American Utopia "Unchained"  Dec 29 2021, 12:23:30 PM

Thanks for the info.  Even though Talking Heads were popular when I was.......I think that is the only song I know from them.  Off topic, I'm debating whether to see Erasure in two weeks.

David Byrne's American Utopia  Dec 29 2021, 12:14:03 PM

Just looked at the setlist.  Do they not do "Burning Down The House" during the regular show?  If so, why is it not included in this version?

COVID performance cancellations  Dec 26 2021, 10:47:40 PM

HeyMrMusic said: "Honestly, and I know people won’t want to admit it, but theTinabashing feels a touch racist. What else would be the reason that no other show is experiencing this type of backlash when every show is going through the same issues?Companycanceled both shows today with very little warning; people understood and wished the cast well.Tinaplayed a matinee today but was forced to cancel the evening show because there was no one to play Tina

COVID cancellation EXCHANGE question  Dec 26 2021, 07:20:16 PM

I would still ask, because you have nothing to lose by asking.  But I would say, they will refund you and you will have to repurchase the tickets at whatever the price is.  I don't think (98% sure) they even exchange discounted tickets.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You