9to5 to close Sept. 6

GatorNY Profile Photo
GatorNY
#225re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/4/09 at 12:53pm

I wanted to like 9 to 5. I really did. I went on 5/10/09 and well, I'm not surprised that it's closing because it just really wasn't that good. It seemed like there were just a lot of "okay" songs. Dolly is definatley a very prolific songwriter, but in this case, that did not translate into a successful musical theater experience for the audience. Oh and I was expecting to be blown away by the choreography...as Mr Blankenbuehler is supposedly the new "it" guy, but again...it was just ok.

"The price of love is loss, but still we pay; We love anyway."

dramamama611 Profile Photo
dramamama611
#226re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/4/09 at 12:59pm

I see everything that I want to, and even see some shows that I don't -- if enough trusted people think I will like it. I've been known to be pleasantly suprised. I want an interesting story, score and performances. I want to be entertained, I want to think, I want to feel. Other than Burn the Floor (and 9 to 5) there are no musicals on B'way that I haven't seen...and I'm seeing that next week.

If we're not having fun, then why are we doing it? These are DISCUSSION boards, not mutual admiration boards. Discussion only occurs when we are willing to hear what others are thinking, regardless of whether it is alignment to our own thoughts.

Kelly2 Profile Photo
Kelly2
#227re: 9to5 to close Sept. 6
Posted: 8/4/09 at 1:59pm

9 to 5 was far from perfect but there were definitely things about it that made it more than worth the ticket price for me. Allison Janney alone is worth seeing the show, IMO.

"Get mad, then get over it." - Colin Powell

Videos