News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dramamama611

dramamama611 Profile Photo
Member Name: dramamama611
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

The Public announces 2024-2025 Season including Gatz, Sumo, premieres, and more  May 8 2024, 05:33:05 AM

chrishuyen said: "I've heard great things about Gatz but I'm kind of confused by the format. Like it's 6.5 hours so I can't imagine they actually expect you to sit there for the whole thing. Are there intermissions? Are people just walking in and out at will? How does it even work?"

If I remember correctly two intermissions and a dinner break.

The Public announces 2024-2025 Season including Gatz, Sumo, premieres, and more  May 7 2024, 03:08:12 PM

Jordan, I just plotzed for you! 

Dancin vs Illinoise  May 7 2024, 07:05:35 AM

Not even close. From the IBDB entry: Directed by Wayne Cilento; Musical Staging by WAYNE CILENTO; Choreography by Bob Fosse; Reproduction of Mr. Fosse's Choreography: Christine Colby Jacques; Additional Choreographic Reproduction: Corinne McFadden Herrera;

Tony Award tickets  May 7 2024, 07:00:02 AM

I suspect the decision was made long before they new what the season would look like. 

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 6 2024, 02:51:05 PM

OH MARY! Officially Transferring to Lyceum Theatre this Summer - 12 Weeks  May 6 2024, 02:27:17 PM

Thank you, everyone.  (Esp to Taffy for pointing out where to find it!) 

I'll be back in the city right after the Tonys, so maybe I'll wait until then. 

BROADWAY DISCOUNTS  May 6 2024, 02:22:51 PM

Also looking for a Hadestown discount (for Tix in July) 

OH MARY! Officially Transferring to Lyceum Theatre this Summer - 12 Weeks  May 6 2024, 02:15:41 PM

Anyone know if the Lyceum Box office is open yet?  I'll be it the city this week and would love to save a few bucks.

TIA

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 6 2024, 12:34:59 PM

I think Movin' Out is the best comparision (nominated as Best Musical) - as Contact (please correct me if I'm wrong) used previously recorded  music/vocals.

IF the Tonys still had a special theatrcal event, I wouldn't be adverse to Illiniose being placed there but would still be ok if it was place in musical  For me, it works fine to be categorized as a musical since it has a narrative, along with live music and singing. 

(Mentioned, likely again,

THE HEART OF ROCK AND ROLL Opening Night Critics’ Revies  May 6 2024, 10:19:17 AM

To be fair, a Saturday night is the least telling sign, most shows will always have their biggest audience at that time. 

LEMPICKA closing May 19  May 5 2024, 02:02:47 PM

Except it's ok not to, as well.  You found beauty in in and that's great, but that doesn't mean that didn't are wrong.

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 5 2024, 12:06:10 PM

The best use of the word ineffable I've ever witnessed.

THE GREAT GATSBY Opening Night Critics’ Reviews  May 5 2024, 11:52:29 AM

You know I've been thinking this same thing lately!  I've seen a number of the trailers they production is putting out, and it keeps bringing my opinion of him down. (and does no favors for my memory of the show, either - hey, look a ballad, go stand downstage center and don't move!)  Yes, his voice is beautiful...but damn, he's pretty boring.  His facial expression is either boyish grin or that of physical pain.  

I don't think Eva fares we

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 5 2024, 11:01:34 AM

I feel the same way.  I think it IS the best new musical, by far - but fear it won't be recognized as such. In addition the lack of acting noms (and even the placement of Ubeda in supporting) are harbingers of that, and I think it being a limited run also harms it.

I'm jonesing to get back to the show, but am unsure if I can make it happen before the end of July - and even then I'll have to do some arm twisting of my companion.  (But I'm al

Any luck moving to a closer, empty seat once you’re in the theatre?  May 5 2024, 08:37:34 AM

That happens at the Boston Ballet, too. Thud, thud, thud... We were unprepared the first time! 

Any luck moving to a closer, empty seat once you’re in the theatre?  May 4 2024, 09:06:31 PM

Someone else posted that's because they'll put the latecomers in Standing Room. I think I'm remembering that correctly.

Any luck moving to a closer, empty seat once you’re in the theatre?  May 4 2024, 07:58:07 PM

Two weeks ago I had a few empty seats next to me at Illinioise.  I waited a few songs (to see if they were seating anyone late during applause) and then just quietly scooted over.

I would never do it before the show started because people are often just late - and now you've created a bigger disturbance by being in the wrong seat.

Spring Trip Suggestions  May 4 2024, 04:20:42 PM

SFFRONT! Long time no see! 

I think ILLINOISE should be up for consideration, I found it to be moving and the best musical of the season...and I've seen almost everything. 

W4E is enjoyable in the moment, but has a weak score and book. But the circus choreo and Paul Alexander Nolan's performance is spectacular. 

I'm seeing Outsiders on Weds, so can't comment on it yet

ILLINOISE Reviews  May 4 2024, 11:44:27 AM

I think far house right is better than far left.  You will likely miss seeing half the band/singers.  You will, however, be able to see the billboard, which changes.   I can't imagine that any of the dance performance will be obstructed.

Next Sondheim?  May 3 2024, 08:49:31 PM

Sometimes.

I've never wanted him to be right more than I do at this very moment.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You