News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for dramamama611

dramamama611 Profile Photo
Member Name: dramamama611
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Peter Dinklage, Lupita Nypng'o, Jesse Tyler Ferguson, Sandra Oh to star in Shakespeare in the Park's TWELFTH NIGHT
 Jul 26 2024, 05:40:56 PM

It may be early, but it is exciting!

THE QUEEN OF VERSAILLES musical will have pre-Bway tryout this summer in Boston
 Jul 23 2024, 06:34:14 PM

I caught this last night, and I'm struggling. Act I was really fun and Act II just bored me to tears. 

Cheno is a dynamo, no doubt, but by the end of Act II, it just felt like: Look at me! Look at me!

F Murray Abraham should not sing in public. Period. And what a waste of his talents. ( A phrase I don't use easily)

We could well do without the framing device if the Actual French Versailles. A big waste of money, right there.

The set, while vast and eve

Welch’s GATSBY to premiere in 2024 ART
 Jul 19 2024, 08:02:32 PM

I'm sorry, Baz has dips on art deco and the stylings of the time period? 

OH, MARY! Reviews
 Jul 19 2024, 07:58:47 PM

My orchestra seats were less than 300. Heck they were less than 200... Or I never would have purchased them. 

The show is a ridiculous romp that made us laugh and squeal in absolute delight. 

Stephanie Mills Hadestown
 Jul 13 2024, 04:05:22 PM

I'll be there Weds night. This is our first time back to Hadestown since seeing it during the reopening. 

Jonathan Groff Sets 2025 Broadway Return with JUST IN TIME?
 Jul 12 2024, 05:10:28 PM

As soon as the spring??  Wasn't expecting that! 

Vacation Dates For Daniel Radcliffe and Jonathan Groff?
 Jul 12 2024, 12:17:11 PM

Not to mention that you are responding to a query posted 6 months ago....AND one that was answered promptly.

Carmel Dean composing THE GHOST AND MRS. MUIR musical
 Jul 9 2024, 11:31:25 AM

God, I LOVED this show as a kid, although I'm fairly certain I only watched as reruns.  I remember almost nothing of it.  Didn't even realize it was a novel!

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jul 8 2024, 10:36:40 PM

They just mean they jacked up their own prices, keeping probable scalpers from buying them because their profit margin would be too low.

New Hadestown Casting
 Jul 7 2024, 10:36:05 PM

Cant wait to see it again, next week. Ha ent been since the reopening after covid. 

ILLINOISE Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jul 7 2024, 03:41:03 PM

Thank you! I swear I had looked there, but maybe too early? 

ILLINOISE Original Broadway Cast Recording Thread
 Jul 7 2024, 03:22:07 PM

Does anyone have a link to the written lyrics? I find the older o get, the more I need to SEE the lyrics. 

TIA

Jul 7 2024, 02:52:01 PM

I will miss this show.   Caught it twice, once in previews, once the day after the Tonys, both without any understudies.  Just love for it.

It's special, for so many different reasons.  Looking forward to seeing what any of the cast will do next.  

Question: I don't think I remember seeing anything mentioning it (which is likely my answer) but were there ANY actors that were replaced during its run....either from the off bway o

Jul 5 2024, 02:32:06 PM

I think the character is the glue that keeps them together. 

Protesters at Suffs tonight
 Jul 3 2024, 11:40:24 AM

MezzoDiva47 said: "probably just a bunch of actors bitter that they werent cast in the show

perhaps instead of tearing down they couldbe constructive and create

why not write their version of the story they think is more legit and get that produced

nope they took the easy and lazy path"

You have GOT to be kidding.

"cancel culture is a cancer on our society"

Yes, this part i

Why hasn't The Wizard of Oz appeared more on Broadway?
 Jul 2 2024, 06:28:54 PM

I have always found the stage version a slog.   Love the film.

7 or 8 o’clock curtain?
 Jul 1 2024, 09:41:35 PM

I'm an overnighter, so it makes no difference at all, to me. I'm so beyond doing touristy stuff.

West End's Last 5 Years?
 Jul 1 2024, 01:11:58 PM

Thanks everyone! 

Jul 1 2024, 12:20:11 PM

I just hate when a for profit endeavor want to make $$.

West End's Last 5 Years?
 Jun 30 2024, 04:01:21 PM

I know this is far from new, but Ive just learned that Jonathan Bailey starred in the West End's The Last 5 Years with Samantha Barks. ( 2017 ish?)  I admittedly don't pay much here to UK news, just peripherally.

Anyone here see it? What were your thoughts? I just overdosed on content from it, and I'm chomping at the bit to hear more about the production. (Mostly because I have been gobsmacked by his performance in Fellow Travelers. 

Thanks fo

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You