pixeltracker

Hamilton Cancellation Line- Page 137

Hamilton Cancellation Line

Fan99
#3400Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 10:14am

I walk by the theater every morning on the way to work and have only seen a 2-4 people on the cancellation line at about 9:00AM-9:30AM since the OBC left.  Although this morning, there was alot more people waiting.  The RRT put up barricades for 2 lines.  I assume one is for the matinee and one is for the evening performance.  At 9:30AM this morning, what was probably the matinee line already had about 20 people waiting.  The line for the evening performance had about 7-8 people waiting.         

rcbell64
#3401Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 10:29am

I imagine the line was long today due to the live lottery and ham4ham

Huss417 Profile Photo
Huss417
#3402Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 10:32am

At least they finally updated the website info.

Our website is currently experiencing technical difficulties. We are working on fixing the issue as quickly as possible. We apologize for any inconvenience. [Issue Code: 9200]

"I hope your Fanny is bigger than my Peter." Mary Martin to Ezio Pinza opening night of Fanny.

MyFavoriteBrunette Profile Photo
MyFavoriteBrunette
#3403Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 10:36am

Wick3 said: "So cool you saw it last night myFavoriteBrunette! :) 

Thanks so much!  I really mean it when I say I had no business in there!  I've officially exhausted the fingers on one hand to count the times I've seen the show.  Come March, I gotta use the other hand, but I my husband saw Groffs last week and we were in the rear mezz.  I got the tickets at 5:30pm, a StubHub pick-up.  When I picked them up I was surprised to see the face value was more than what they were selling for.  Deals are out there!

Updated On: 7/20/16 at 10:36 AM

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3404Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 10:52am

DottieD'Luscia said: "@MyFavoriteBrunette - please post your thoughts on the show last night (other Hamilton thread). I'm really curious to hear who was on and how they were. Thanks.

I'm not much of a critic, I'd enjoy anyone at any show.  Last night I had Alysha as Eliza.  Seth as Laffayette/Jefferson and Austin as Burr.

To my Original Broadway Cast Recording trained ear (LOL!):

Alysha was excellent and Seth sounded pretty amazing, too. Austin's voice was the only one that sounded very different from the cast recording.  I wish I knew what Sydney sounded like.  

Although Javier doesn't sound like Lin, that for some reason didn't matter to my ear!  Javier is just a wonderful Hamilton!

I could go into their acting and into what I thought their interpretation of the characters were or the differences in what they did vs the other actors, but again, I'm not a critic and would just be my opinion.

The one visual that threw me off involved a costume.  I guess minor, but to me, being that it was in a most poignant part of the play, it was bugging me...LOL! 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3405Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 11:12am

sgreen3 said: "This is awesome. Do you happen to know if it was a premium ticket or a house seat / unclaimed lottery? If it's only premium on the cancellation line, it could actually be cheaper to go the re-sale route right now, which is fascinating to me.

Edited to add --- yes, Broadway Direct Lottery site appears to be fully down (not just the Hamilton one). Fingers crossed they have it back up soon!
"

Not 100% sure but I doubt it was premium ticket since it was the last ticket offered. Probably regular or standing room ticket.

casedilla2
#3406Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 11:36am

" The one visual that threw me off involved a costume.  I guess minor, but to me, being that it was in a most poignant part of the play, it was bugging me...LOL! "

Omg, are you talking about the weird black and white costumes during Quiet Uptown? I had this when I saw it too! I'm thinking it has something to do with Alysha's costume specifically because she was on at my show as well. 

DottieD'Luscia Profile Photo
DottieD'Luscia
#3407Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 12:16pm

Can you please say what it was about the costume that threw you off?  I didn't notice anything jarring when I saw it, but Phillipa was on when I saw it.

Hey Dottie! Did your colleagues enjoy the cake even though your cat decided to sit on it? ~GuyfromGermany

bltl812
#3408Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 12:18pm

The Broadway Direct Lottery is up, but this is what it says:

HAMILTON
July 21, 2016 12:00 am

Lottery Closes: July 20, 2016 8:00 pm

Weird!

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#3409Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 12:50pm

Not anymore!

https://lottery.broadwaydirect.com/show/hamilton/

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt

jdra
#3410Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 2:04pm

FYI, I saw a ticket on StubHub 5 or 10 minutes before showtime last night for only $140.

ivskow
#3411Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 4:00pm

Anyone know how long the line was before it was sent away for the matinee? (Aka: Any sense of how long it might be for the evening show?) 

Wick3 Profile Photo
Wick3
#3412Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 4:45pm

ivskow said: "Anyone know how long the line was before it was sent away for the matinee? (Aka: Any sense of how long it might be for the evening show?) 

"

From the RRT point of view, there is no cancellation line right now. It will restart at 5:30pm, hence why there is always drama there on Wednesdays and Saturdays (people who didn't get matinee tix will claim they are in the cancellation line vs people who randomly show up at 5:30 and claim they are first in line)

bltl812
#3413Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 7:47pm

So the line was long for today's show so I left, almost got scammed by a scalper, and lost a premium seat on ticketmaster due to a very slow  customer service rep!  Got a last minute orchestra center seat for Humans. Oh well! May have to wait to see Hamilton next time I come to NYC!

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3414Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 11:15pm

Hamilton Cancellation Line 

casedilla2 said: Omg, are you talking about the weird black and white costumes during Quiet Uptown? I had this when I saw it too! I'm thinking it has something to do with Alysha's costume specifically because she was on at my show as well. 

YAAAAAASSSSSS!  LOL!  I wanna say the ensemble always wore the short black boleros so that is standard.  The first time I saw the show, I noticed the ensemble black boleros but FOUR TIMES Phillipa came out with a long black coat with bubble sleeves.  And that costume went right into Quiet Uptown where she'd stand beside Lin, also wearing black, both in their mourning clothes.  Last night, Alysha came out in her baby blue sleeping gown and a simple black bolero and I was like "huh?"  It completely threw me off.  And I kept watching to see if someone was going to hand her a long black coat--maybe I missed it with Phillipa or something? but no.  It went right into the song and she stood there next to Javier in her pajamas and a black bolero LOL!  "Come on Hamilton production!", I thought to myself.  Can't they get the Eliza standby a proper mourning outfit?  It took away from the drama for me.  Tiny black top, long flowing baby blue bottom. LOL! 

I wasn't able to shed a tear!  LOL! 

Updated On: 7/20/16 at 11:15 PM

casedilla2
#3415Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 11:23pm

MyFavoriteBrunette said: "
YAAAAAASSSSSS!  LOL!  I wanna say the ensemble always wore the short black boleros so that is standard.  The first time I saw the show, I noticed the ensemble black boleros but FOUR TIMES Phillipa came out with a long black coat with bubble sleeves.  And that costume went right into Quiet Uptown where she'd stand beside Lin, also wearing black, both in their mourning clothes.  Last night, Alysha came out in her baby blue sleeping gown and a simple black bolero and I was like "huh?"  It completely threw me off.  And I kept watching to see if someone was going to hand her a long black coat--maybe I missed it with Phillipa or something? but no.  It went right into the song and she stood there next to Javier in her pajamas and a black bolero LOL!  "Come on Hamilton production!", I thought to myself.  Can't they get the Eliza standby a proper mourning outfit?  It took away from the drama for me.  Tiny black top, long flowing baby blue bottom. LOL! 

"

I couldn't remember if the ensemble members always had only the black jackets and white bottoms, but yeah Alysha's costume was very jarring and really took me out of the moment. It looked so strange how you could even see the empire waist ribbon of her dress hanging down below the jacket! It just goes to show how important the costumes are and how much the contribute to the tone of the show.

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3416Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/20/16 at 11:40pm

casedilla2 said: I couldn't remember if the ensemble members always had only the black jackets and white bottoms, but yeah Alysha's costume was very jarring and really took me out of the moment. It looked so strange how you could even see the empire waist ribbon of her dress hanging down below the jacket! It just goes to show how important the costumes are and how much the contribute to the tone of the show.

I'm glad it wasn't my own OCD moment! LOL! Because to me, it felt like it really mattered visually.

Ahmy
#3417Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 12:15am

casedilla2 said: "MyFavoriteBrunette said: "

"

I couldn't remember if the ensemble members always had only the black jackets and white bottoms, but yeah Alysha's costume was very jarring and really took me out of the moment. It looked so strange how you could even see the empire waist ribbon of her dress hanging down below the jacket! It just goes to show how important the costumes are and how much the contribute to the tone of the show.

"

It could be a cost saving measure. If it's a short sleeved one, then she wears it when she goes on for Angelica, during It's Quiet Uptown.

HamiltonFan
#3418Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 1:48am

Hi guys, I'm new to this site and have a few questions about the cancellation line because I will most likely be going soon, so if someone could please help, that would be great! 1. how early should I arrive at the line to pretty much guarantee seats? 2. are the tickets sold to the cancellation line pretty much only premium, and if not, how many house seats are typically sold? 3. Do they really enforce the rule of no chairs in line? 4. If I'm able to get in, would it be fine to just wear slacks and a nice collared shirt? Thanks in advance!

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3419Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 2:58am

Hamilton Cancellation LineAhmy said: It could be a cost saving measure. If it's a short sleeved one, then she wears it when she goes on for Angelica, during It's Quiet Uptown.

I don't know what it is but it looks off and if its a cost saving issue then why is a show that is a full house through May 2017 so cheap?  LOL!  Its a long sleeve bolero Alysha is wearing and Angelica wears the length that Phillipa wore. So if she comes out as Angelica in that same bolero, I'll be miffed as well.  My mom studied couture dress-making in Cuba...I need to get her in there fast and get this girl a long coat to mourn in. 

Updated On: 7/21/16 at 02:58 AM

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3420Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 3:24am

HamiltonFan said: "Hi guys, I'm new to this site and have a few questions about the cancellation line because I will most likely be going soon, so if someone could please help, that would be great! 1. how early should I arrive at the line to pretty much guarantee seats? 2. are the tickets sold to the cancellation line pretty much only premium, and if not, how many house seats are typically sold? 3. Do they really enforce the rule of no chairs in line? 4. If I'm able to get in, would it be fine to just wear slacks and a nice collared shirt? Thanks in advance!

Hola! and welcome!

Lately not many have been sharing their cancellation line experiences here like before, so we get word how many are on the line by good samaritans walking past the cancellation line who are kind to report here.

1. I don't think we here can give you a time, that is something based solely on you and how much time you're willing to invest.  Once could easly tell you for example "oh show up at noon, that should be safe" but those who lurk may read that and show up much much earlier than noon.

2. The cancellation line sells house seats ($199) unclaimed lottery tickets ($199--is this still correct?) and premium seats ($549) but lately, some premium seating has been showing up on Ticketmaster, so we who have had line experience are wondering if they are being passed up by patrons on the cancellation line then posted for sale on Ticketmaster.  

3. Again, we don't get the recent number of tickets sold on the board but in the days of the OBC, there were reports that would be as little as 4 to as much as 20.  The average always seemed 8 , 9, 12 or so.  Now without the OBC, I don't know if more tickets are being sold to the line and less being held for friends and family.  Again, we rely on the reports of the people out there in the field.  There hasn't been as much contribution lately.

4.  When the Lin Line was happening it became a sh*t show and I saw chairs all over the place whenever I walked passed the line.  I would think with less people and more control, that maybe the theater can enforce the no chair rule again.

5. I went Tuesday night in jeans, a pair of converse, and a Gap Athletic top...you should be fine!  

Good Luck!

Updated On: 7/21/16 at 03:24 AM

HamiltonFan
#3421Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 9:58am

MyFavoriteBrunette thanks so much! I'll be making a trip from Connecticut so I'm not really able to walk past the line every day. I was planning on going to the cancellation line in June until I read that people were waiting for days and still not getting anything. Most likely I'll be getting in line around 7 am just to be safe, since it sounds like even as it gets closer to noon, the line is at maybe 10 people. Also, I really can't afford a premium seat, hence my question about house seats. I actually won the digital lotto back in May but didn't get the email until around 6 so I lost my chance. Again, thank you!

lafayettelove
#3422Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 1:52pm

I walked past the theater last night at 8:45-9:15 ish. Nobody on line! I understand it was show time but still, for todays show. 

hes16
#3423Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 2:13pm

jdra said: "FYI, I saw a ticket on StubHub 5 or 10 minutes before showtime last night for only $140.

"

Where was the ticket?

MyFavoriteBrunette
#3424Hamilton Cancellation Line
Posted: 7/21/16 at 2:51pm

My sister wanted to see the show tomorrow not from rear mezz like she did in May and not from front mezz like she will be in March.  So I went on TM at 11am to buy my tickets to Waitress and decided to check Hamilton.  One lonely blue dot in the 7th row.  Snatched!  She's going tomorrow.  I'm so glad I got her one ticket.  Singles are pricey on SH and would have had to buy a pair...can't go twice in a week for the sake of a pair.  I got lucky Tuesday with the ticket I bought on SH selling less than face value (sans fees).  What I did notice when I picked up my ticket is that it was a hard ticket with purchase date of 7/18/16 and The show was Tuesday 7/19.  Did someone buy this from the cancellation line to try and flip it?

Videos