Best Score - 2015

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#25Best Score - 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 3:16pm

Have you actually seen it? Not a masterpiece. A pretty good show, but not a masterpiece.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#26Best Score - 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 3:43pm

It is kind of a masterpiece.  I've been following this show for a while and it's still becoming even more perfect.  They've been able to tell a beautiful story in such a creative and successful way.

The Visit is definitely one of Kander and Ebb ' s best shows.  I don't think that the score is getting the respect that it deserves.  It's pretty flipping great.

The Last Ship is a good score... but not a great one.  It shows that Sting should continue to write for theatre, but it's not his masterpiece.

Something Rotten is entertaining and fun, but it's nothing very special.  It's sort of bland.

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#27Best Score - 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 4:37pm

fun home is a masterpiece. Its definitely more masterful than The Last Ship 

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#28Best Score - 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 5:41pm

But have you actually seen it?

Phillypinto Profile Photo
Phillypinto
#29Best Score - 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 7:12pm

yessssssssss

Use my fabulous TodayTix code: JEYCY

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#30Best Score - 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 7:22pm

okayyyyyyyy goooooooood forrrrrr youuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

And jv92, I would actually say it is the best score written in 50 years in my opinion. I look at the great scores written since 50 years ago:

Man of La Mancha

Mame

Sweet Charity

On a Clear Day...

Cabaret

The Apple Tree

Zorbá

Two By Two

Follies

A Little Night Music

The Grass Harp

Mack & Mabel

Chicago

Pacific Overtures

Carmelina

Nine

Merrily We Roll Along

La Cage

The Rink

Once On This Island

Kiss of the Spider Woman

The Wild Party

Next to Normal

The Scottsboro Boys

I like The Visit's score more than any of those, so for me personally, it's the best score written in 50 years.

I think the i Would Never Leave You song is about Claire showing off how much power she wields over those pathetic individuals. It's her feeding her need for control.

Matt1
#31Best Score - 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 8:02pm

Fun Home is a masterpiece and should easily win best score.   I wish they had an award for best new song.    I think "Ring of Keys" would win. 

AAO26 Profile Photo
AAO26
#32Best Score - 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 8:03pm

I agree The Visit. The score is absolutely beautiful.

icecreambenjamin Profile Photo
icecreambenjamin
#33Best Score - 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 8:34pm

I agree that The Visit is great, but I'm not sure that I agree that it's the best score in 50 years.  It's pretty spectacular and it deserves to be considered one of the best though.

I wouldn't say that it's THE best, but it's among some of the best.

I haven't made myself familiar with the newer changes that have been made to its score though (I'm still listening to some old recorded audience version), but I can't imagine that it's suddenly become the greatest musical ever.

vfd88 Profile Photo
vfd88
#34Best Score - 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 8:44pm

"While I don't think Fun Home is Tesori's career best (that still belongs to Caroline, or Change), I feel it is stronger than the other nominees and that Tesori is long overdue. "

My thoughts exactly. But even if she had won Best Score for Caroline (as she should have), I would still be rooting for her to win this year.

mattporter17 Profile Photo
mattporter17
#35Best Score - 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 10:18pm

"okayyyyyyyy goooooooood forrrrrr youuuuuuuuuuu!!!!!

And jv92, I would actually say it is the best score written in 50 years in my opinion. I look at the great scores written since 50 years ago:
Man of La Mancha
Mame
Sweet Charity
On a Clear Day...
Cabaret
The Apple Tree
Zorbá
Two By Two
Follies
A Little Night Music
The Grass Harp
Mack & Mabel
Chicago
Pacific Overtures
Carmelina
Nine
Merrily We Roll Along
La Cage
The Rink
Once On This Island
Kiss of the Spider Woman
The Wild Party
Next to Normal
The Scottsboro Boys

I like The Visit's score more than any of those, so for me personally, it's the best score written in 50 years.
I think the i Would Never Leave You song is about Claire showing off how much power she wields over those pathetic individuals. It's her feeding her need for control."

I think you ca throw Book Of Mormon in there, too. It really is one damn impressive score

Updated On: 5/27/15 at 10:18 PM

Fantod Profile Photo
Fantod
#36Best Score - 2015
Posted: 5/27/15 at 10:24pm

I don't think so. It was my opinion, and I left off other acclaimed scores that I don't love like Company, Sunday in the Park With George, Parade, Light in the Piazza etc.

Videos