News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Fantod

Fantod Profile Photo
Member Name: Fantod
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: 16 years old in California. Love cast recordings; see national tours and regional productions; go to NY once a year.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Robert Icke / Ann Dowd ENEMY OF THE PEOPLE at the Armory  Jun 30 2021, 08:18:35 PM

For anyone who has done the rush, how early did you get there? And were you able to get in?

Dear Evan Hansen on the radio  Jun 28 2021, 08:15:29 PM

One of the biggest problems with modern pop musicals is that the pop music is quickly outdated. 2021 pop is very disco. In the current music market, I just don't know if Evan Hansen stands out enough to get radio play.

Maybe Due Lipa's cover of Requiem will prove me wrong, though...

CAROUSEL (2018) Previews  Mar 15 2018, 12:08:44 AM
Funny I don’t remember that much gay sex in Butch Cassidy
David Cromer next to normal  Mar 4 2018, 01:49:56 PM
The Writers’ Theatre is hardly second tier.
The Low Road at The Public  Feb 26 2018, 01:15:57 AM

JBroadway said: "AntV said: "How much nudity is in this?"

A man is naked for a large portion of a scene, but he covers the important bits the whole time.
"

Incorrect. I was far house left and definitely got at least 30 seconds of full frontal.

A ‘Hamlet’ With Oscar Isaac, Once Canceled, Will Run at the Public Theater  Jun 25 2017, 10:31:29 AM

Hamlet is 4,030 lines long. A production with no intermissions and performed on a blank set would run just over four hours. A full production would probably run about five.

PIPELINE @LCT  Jun 24 2017, 09:34:02 PM

I'm surprised that there's not much discussion of this play yet. I found it to be quite moving and very powerful indeed. The kind of muscular, likable drama that can easily be recommended to anybody. The last scene doesn't really work, but the majority of the 90 minute show is about as good as it can be. The cast is also, without exception, remarkable.

The New Yorker's  Jun 10 2017, 09:18:21 PM

Except The Little Foxes is actually relevant today. Anti-capitalism is strong these days.

The category was meant for The Glass Menagerie.

A DOLL'S HOUSE, PART 2 Extends to January 2018  Jun 8 2017, 01:51:59 AM

Nora is about 30 in A Doll's House so she would be about 45 in Part 2,

Next for the Marquis?  May 31 2017, 01:21:21 AM

Spongebob didn't sell very well out of town. A limited run makes sense if they want to take the original Newsies route and just go to Broadway for licensing reasons. It's definitely going to be popular for community theatres and high schools, and if a commercial run isn't liable.... ya never know.

Encores Golden Apple  May 14 2017, 06:50:53 AM

Glad you finally got to see the show, Mr. Nowack!

Noises  Apr 30 2017, 03:12:16 AM

Would like the add my praise to the San Francisco Noises Off. It's a remarkable production, and in my opinion superior to the recent Broadway revival.

A DOLL'S HOUSE, PART 2 previews  Apr 21 2017, 01:34:14 AM

Something about those twenty foot walls just really got to me. 

Anyways, this seems to be the one play this season that everyone seems to love, and I'm glad for it, too.

A DOLL'S HOUSE, PART 2 previews  Apr 21 2017, 01:25:21 AM

Yeah, they were simple, but they felt epic, almost apocalyptic.

A DOLL'S HOUSE, PART 2 previews  Apr 20 2017, 10:40:45 PM

Hnath goes conventional here, and while I like his artsier stuff more, he sticks the landing on Broadway. A great play in a great production. I'd love to see this in a smaller theatre, but the enormity of the physical production (those projections!) made it feel right at home in the Golden.

Chris Cooper was all wrong for the role. His performance isn't bad, but his voice and RBF make it difficult to believe that he could have believably been Ibsen's Torvald 15 year

HELLO, DOLLY! Reviews  Apr 20 2017, 06:31:24 PM

Terry Teachout is a great critic, and his distaste for the show makes sense considering he hates "cartoonish" acting during a farce.

Ben Platt Makes 2017 TIME 100  Apr 20 2017, 10:14:19 AM

Zac Efron wrote the article?

Next for Frank Wildhorn?  Apr 20 2017, 01:28:56 AM

Hopefully retirement.

Hamilton in San Francisco  Apr 9 2017, 03:22:47 AM

Saw it today. Bourgeois claptrap with about as much subtlety as being hit in the head with a brick, but you can't deny that that staging is phenomenal.

People to play Pseudolus  Apr 9 2017, 01:15:57 AM

Fitzgerald played the role at the Williamstown Theatre Festival and the Two River Theatre. By all accounts, the production was fantastic.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You