pixeltracker

Next to Normal- why no west end transfer- Page 2

Next to Normal- why no west end transfer

aaaaaa15
#25Next to Normal- why no west end transfer
Posted: 12/8/16 at 2:16pm

At this point anyone that is questioning whether Hamilton will do well in London isn't paying attention. There hasn't been this much hype for a musical in London since Book of Mormon and we're still 11 months away. I can't go to the theatre in London without hearing someone talk about it. The Hamilton Mixtape was also #3 on UK iTunes this week.

Next to Normal is unfortunately a different matter but it at least deserves a run in a fringe venue. If we can have Side Show and Grey Gardens, we can have Next to Normal.

ukpuppetboy Profile Photo
ukpuppetboy
#26Next to Normal- why no west end transfer
Posted: 12/8/16 at 8:51pm

I saw the Melbourne Theatre Company's production at the Victoria Arts Centre a number of years ago now (the Australian equivalent of the National Theatre/Lincoln Center) - incidentally bdn223 the set was an August: Osage County style full house on stage. It was a limited run but very well received the night I went and while Melbourne does have the biggest theatre culture in that part of the world (possibly the southern hemisphere) it's still only a fraction of the audience and tradition of London's. The main point being that the liscence WAS granted here for a non-replica premiere, whilst I still understand that the authors are retaining the London rights to mantain control of the eventual West End run.

imeldasturn Profile Photo
imeldasturn
#28Next to Normal- why no west end transfer
Posted: 12/9/16 at 4:54am

Ruthie can't handle the score anymore, her voice is not what it used to be

Videos