News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for imeldasturn

imeldasturn Profile Photo
Member Name: imeldasturn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

West End Comings & Goings
 Jul 26 2024, 02:57:06 PM

I suspect The Artist should aim for a limited season at the Sadler's Wells rather than a West End run

Paul Hart's immersive UK staging of THE LORD OF THE RINGS musical to transfer to Chicago
 Jul 21 2024, 02:35:33 AM

BorisTomashevsky said: "This sounds like another case of something being a smash in the UK but perplexing in the US."

Not sure doing well in a tiny regional theatre counts as being a smash in the UK

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadway
 Jul 18 2024, 01:56:25 PM

Mmm she claims to be the first Latina playing the role but didn't Rita Moreno do it in London almost 30 years ago?

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
 Jun 28 2024, 05:07:01 AM

ljay889 said: "“Silly People” is a stunning song, But I imagine it brings act 2to an unnecessary halt."

In Sondheim's words:

"There’s a very good song in Night Music called “Silly People,” sung by Frid, the servant. It says what the show’s about - and I like the song a lot - but the reason we cut it is because it’s a character you don’t care about at that point in the show."<

LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA to transfer to Broadway?
 Jun 26 2024, 03:16:51 AM

Actually I don't think any Fabrizio sounded (or looked) better than David Burnham

Natasha, Pierre & the Great Comet of 1812 to open in London
 Jun 25 2024, 04:39:11 AM

The UK premiere of Dave Malloy’s musical Natasha, Pierre and The Great Comet of 1812 has been announced, running at the Donmar from 7 December 2024 to 8 February 2025.

Directed by Tim Sheader as part of his first season, with choreography by Ellen Kane and musical supervision by Nicholas Skilbeck, this production features set design by Leslie Travers, costume design by Evie Gurney.

https://www.whatsonstage.com/news/natasha-pierre-and-the-great-comet-of-1812-to-have-uk-premiere-this-winter_1608944/

Jonathan Bailey in Richard II, London 2025
 Jun 21 2024, 02:44:44 AM

https://www.theguardian.com/stage/article/2024/jun/21/jonathan-bailey-richard-ii-nicholas-hytner-bridge-theatre-bridgerton?CMP=Share_AndroidApp_Other

Nick Hytner directs, Bridge Theatre, from 10th Feb until 10th May 2025.

Stephanie J. Block in Kiss Me, Kate – London
 Jun 14 2024, 06:14:22 AM

I'll post my thoughts later, this is just about the changes to the text. I'm not an expert on KMK, so I'm not sure if some of these changes have already appeared in recent revivals.

* The cast rushes on stage before Fred/Petruchio spanks Lilli/Kate, so she never gets spanked

* After "Too Darn Hot", Fred has a little awkward speech in which he addresses the audience (the actual audience and the audience of the show) and talks about The Taming of the Shrew be

Why Aren't Theatre History Classes Mandatory for High Schools?
 Jun 6 2024, 06:31:50 PM

BeingAlive44Ever said: "So I've begun to notice something odd. There are swaths and swaths of theatre kids in this generation, whether I've met them online or through my voice coach or through my friends' kids, who seem to not be well versed in theatre history. And, I know, not everybody has to know anything. But I'm talking basic things. Like not knowing who Sondheim is. Not knowing that Broadway was created by Jewish songwriters and African American musicians. Not k

Anyone Watching Elsbeth?
 May 19 2024, 12:41:48 PM

Just watched episode 4 and Christine Ebersole singing "Another Winter in a Summer Town" is part of the soundtrack. They really did it for the gays.

London/West End in July
 Apr 25 2024, 12:03:34 PM

Can't say if they're good since they haven't opened yet, but I'm interested in Kiss Me Kate (Stephanie J. Block) at the Barbican, Bluets at the Royal Court (Ben Whishaw/Emma D'Arcy), the Ashton Triple Bill at the Royal Opera House, A View From the Bridge at the Haymarket (Dominic West), Hello Dolly! at the Palladium. And if the reviews/word of mouth are good, and returns are available, there's always the Romeo & Juliet with Tom Holland.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 02:43:25 AM

People here tend to forget Sunset got mostly 3 or 4 star reviews, positive but hardly raves. The New York Times liked it better than any critic in London 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews
 Apr 22 2024, 02:30:26 AM

I'm feeling somewhat vindicated because I felt this way after seeing one of the first previews. But I also felt vindicated by the mixed critical reception in NY of The Inheritance after having seen it at the Young Vic, and then it did great at the Tonys. 

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway
 Apr 18 2024, 03:47:37 AM

Cameron was interviewed on the radio this morning and said that several members of the London cast are moving to Broadway

RSC Pericles at Chicago Shakespeare Theater
 Apr 10 2024, 02:35:12 PM

The Royal Shakespeare Company is returning to Chicago in October for the first time in 30 years with Tamara Harvey's production of Pericles with Alfred Enoch (Harry Potter, How to Get Away with Murder). More news here.

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH
 Mar 23 2024, 01:53:14 PM

Can't believe she signed that idiotic letter against Jonathan Glazer

West Side Story World Tour and other international tours
 Mar 12 2024, 02:25:31 PM

Leisie93 said: "How does the West Side Story world tour do the show in multiple countries where they speak languages other than English? Do they sing the show in English and display German supertitles and then use French supertitles when they move the tour to France? Do they focus on countries with a lot of English-speakers? I know that they'll often translate lyrics and sing them in the language of a country if they're doing, say, Hamilton specifically in Germany. But I woul

2024 Olivier Awards - Predictions/News & Discussion Thread
 Mar 12 2024, 12:50:34 PM

KevinKlawitter said: "And did Branagh's Lear get totally blanked, or wasn't it eligible?
It was eligible, it just wasn't very good 

Sandra Oh, Paige Gilbert, Ann Harada & more to star in NA premiere of Lucy Kirkwood's THE WELKIN
 Mar 10 2024, 03:44:22 AM

It was okay if a bit overstuffed and with at least one subplot de trop. But there's some good material for a fine cast of actresses 

Sweeney Todd. Will there be a press night for the new cast?
 Mar 7 2024, 05:23:44 PM

Critics have been very indulgent with this production and even praised Groban for his bland performance. I doubt they'll be more stern with Tveit

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You