Profile for imeldasturn

imeldasturn Profile Photo
Member Name: imeldasturn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

AMADEUS to be adapted into a series starring White Lotus' Will Sharpe  Feb 20 2024, 12:24:42 PM

They announced that they were developing it well over a year ago, I was wondering when we'd get some updates.

Vaness Williams for Devil wears Prada  Feb 20 2024, 02:52:16 AM
https://forum.broadwayworld.com/readmessage.php?thread=1157305
Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 16 2024, 12:59:52 AM

King and I and Color Purple were re-reviewed together once Marin and Heather joined the cast

Timothy Nolen, first American Phantom, has died  Feb 13 2024, 11:19:24 PM

I didn't see it reported on here (sorry if I missed it), but per Wikipedia and Sag-Aftra magazine Timothy Nolen passed away last August. He famously replaced Michael Crawford in Phantom of the Opera on Broadway, becoming the first American actor (except understudies) and first operatic baritone to play the role full time. He appeared on Broadway in two other productions, sang at the Met a few times, played Sweeney Todd at Houston Grand Opera and Judge Turpin in several productions, most notably alongside Patti LuPone and George Hearn.

He was 82.

Broadway Cares ripped for directing funds to Gaza  Feb 13 2024, 11:06:55 PM

gibsons2 said: "Very strange that out of all, many far more disastrous and urgent current refugee crises, BCEFA specifically chose to give money to Gaza. "

The Palestinian genocide seems disastrous and urgent enough to me.

SLAVE PLAY headed to London?  Feb 13 2024, 10:21:06 AM

https://slaveplaylondon.com/

Stephanie J. Block in Kiss Me, Kate – London  Feb 6 2024, 12:24:33 PM

Charlie Stemp is Bill

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 4 2024, 03:13:13 AM

Annaleigh Ashford would mean nothing for the box office in London so unless Groban feels as strongly about her as JG did for Sunday they could easily recast her. I'm not even sure if Groban is as big in the UK as he is in the States, but for a limited season they could do good business. Since they are okay with casting tenors in the role they might get Julian Ovenden instead.

Alex Newell in Pippin  Jan 31 2024, 06:04:41 AM

Starting in the 50th anniversary concert at the London Palladium

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadwa  Jan 20 2024, 04:47:31 PM

SmokeyLady said: "BETTY22 said: "The limited run so well in London but not great.

UK critics were much more mixed than US outlets.

St James is a big theatre.....
"

I don’t know what you’re talking about . This was an absolute smash hit beyond anything they were expecting. And the reviews were great It will do extremely well in its transfer . First time in a while where people were coming into London just to see the show.<

Rami Malek to make London debut in Oedipus  Jan 19 2024, 04:12:40 AM

The Old Vic will host the world premiere of Ella Hickson’s Oedipus, starring Academy Award winner Rami Malek and Olivier Award winner Indira Varma.

Based on Sophocles’ play from c. 429 BC, this adaptation by Old Vic associate artist Ella Hickson will be co-directed by Matthew Warchus and Hofesh Shechter in a strictly limited run from January 2025.

Donmar’s Next To Normal to Transfer to the West End in 2024  Jan 18 2024, 07:47:23 AM

Full original cast returning

Stephanie J. Block in Kiss Me, Kate – London  Jan 17 2024, 02:29:28 AM

Trafalgar Theatre Productions, in collaboration with the Barbican, has announced the revival of Kiss Me, Kate, directed by Bartlett Sher and led by Stephanie J Block & Adrian Dunbar.

Hailed as Cole Porter’s greatest musical comedy, the production is set for a 15-week run at the Barbican Theatre starting on 4 June 2024, with a press night scheduled for 18 June, concluding on 14 September. Public booking opens on 19 January 2024.

SUNSET BLVD to transfer to Broadwa  Jan 8 2024, 04:34:30 AM

Please, you could get 80£ front stalls tickets on the day and TKTS for most of October and November. That's over 50% discount. It sold well and did good business, but it wasn't exactly Hamilton at the Public.

Sarah Rice passes away at 68  Jan 7 2024, 05:30:06 AM

Close friend and fellow soprano Rebecca Caine has announced Sarah Rice's passing. Born in 1955, Sarah famously originated the role of Johanna in Sweeney Todd, winning a Theatre World Award for her performance

2024 Tony Awards  Jan 2 2024, 04:11:16 AM
EDSOSLO858 said: "BoringBoredBoard40 said: "rbfost said: "Hey y'all!

For clarity's sake re: Lead Actor in a Musical and Roger Bart, the Tonys Admin Committee has already determined eligibility for Back to the Future and Roger Bart is in Featured Actor, as he is billed under the title and a category change was not announced. Casey Likes, on the other hand, is in Leading Actor.

Also, looking ahead...barring a miracle for Harmony and/or How

RIP Andre Braugher  Dec 13 2023, 02:41:15 AM

Gutted, what an extraordinary talent he was

Maryann Plunkett (Bernadette's replacement) in Sunday in the Park with George  Dec 10 2023, 08:33:53 AM

I think Victoria Clark was the understudy and mentioned the standby being awful to her — would that be Maryann? This is very off-topic, but it always amazed me how poorly they kept casting George after Mandy departed. Like, good voices, but the acting... https://www.tumblr.com/through-my-memoirs/142134040703/cris-groenendaal-sings-finishing-the-hat-from?source=share

British transfers?  Dec 1 2023, 10:02:56 AM

It's not selling very well even in London, so unless they recast it with Judi Dench and Colin Firth it doesn't stand a chance 

British transfers?  Nov 29 2023, 12:00:18 PM

Dylan Smith4 said: "I absolutely want Frecknall’s Streetcar to cross the pond! That woman is becoming a household name and I am so happy she’s finally making her Broadway Debut with Cabaret!"

Interestingly the New York Times liked her production of The House of Bernarda Alba, which opened last night, better than any London newspaper 

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You