News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for imeldasturn

imeldasturn Profile Photo
Member Name: imeldasturn
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

London/West End in July  Apr 25 2024, 12:03:34 PM

Can't say if they're good since they haven't opened yet, but I'm interested in Kiss Me Kate (Stephanie J. Block) at the Barbican, Bluets at the Royal Court (Ben Whishaw/Emma D'Arcy), the Ashton Triple Bill at the Royal Opera House, A View From the Bridge at the Haymarket (Dominic West), Hello Dolly! at the Palladium. And if the reviews/word of mouth are good, and returns are available, there's always the Romeo & Juliet with Tom Holland.

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 02:43:25 AM

People here tend to forget Sunset got mostly 3 or 4 star reviews, positive but hardly raves. The New York Times liked it better than any critic in London 

CABARET at the Kit Kat Club (2024) Opening Night Critics' Reviews  Apr 22 2024, 02:30:26 AM

I'm feeling somewhat vindicated because I felt this way after seeing one of the first previews. But I also felt vindicated by the mixed critical reception in NY of The Inheritance after having seen it at the Young Vic, and then it did great at the Tonys. 

Bernadette Peters & Lea Salonga to Lead OLD FRIENDS On Broadway  Apr 18 2024, 03:47:37 AM

Cameron was interviewed on the radio this morning and said that several members of the London cast are moving to Broadway

RSC Pericles at Chicago Shakespeare Theater  Apr 10 2024, 02:35:12 PM

The Royal Shakespeare Company is returning to Chicago in October for the first time in 30 years with Tamara Harvey's production of Pericles with Alfred Enoch (Harry Potter, How to Get Away with Murder). More news here.

Julianna Margulies and Peter Gallagher To Star In LEFT ON TENTH  Mar 23 2024, 01:53:14 PM

Can't believe she signed that idiotic letter against Jonathan Glazer

West Side Story World Tour and other international tours  Mar 12 2024, 02:25:31 PM

Leisie93 said: "How does the West Side Story world tour do the show in multiple countries where they speak languages other than English? Do they sing the show in English and display German supertitles and then use French supertitles when they move the tour to France? Do they focus on countries with a lot of English-speakers? I know that they'll often translate lyrics and sing them in the language of a country if they're doing, say, Hamilton specifically in Germany. But I woul

2024 Olivier Awards - Predictions/News & Discussion Thread  Mar 12 2024, 12:50:34 PM

KevinKlawitter said: "And did Branagh's Lear get totally blanked, or wasn't it eligible?
It was eligible, it just wasn't very good 

Sandra Oh, Paige Gilbert, Ann Harada & more to star in NA premiere of Lucy Kirkwood's THE WELKIN  Mar 10 2024, 03:44:22 AM

It was okay if a bit overstuffed and with at least one subplot de trop. But there's some good material for a fine cast of actresses 

Sweeney Todd. Will there be a press night for the new cast?  Mar 7 2024, 05:23:44 PM

Critics have been very indulgent with this production and even praised Groban for his bland performance. I doubt they'll be more stern with Tveit

Linda Balgord has passed away.  Mar 6 2024, 01:05:30 AM

She was excellent as LuPone's understudy in Gypsy, what a talent.

John Lithgow to play Roald Dahl in London  Mar 4 2024, 10:23:45 AM

The play was originally conceived for the Bridge

John Lithgow to play Roald Dahl in London  Mar 4 2024, 07:46:37 AM

John Lithgow will star as Roald Dahl in a play about the writer's antisemitism.

Giant, written by Mark Rosenblatr and directed by Nicholas Hytner, is set in 1983, shortly before the publication of Dahl’s novel The Witches, as he comes under fire for his antisemitic views expressed in the media. In an interview with the New Statesman that year, Dahl said: “There is a trait in the Jewish character that does provoke animosity … Even a stinker like Hitler didn’t just pick on them for no reason.” 

Sep. 20 - Nov. 16

Women in Theater (WIT)  Mar 3 2024, 10:41:58 AM

There are a few examples of male and female versions of the same play, most notably "The Odd Couple". They're easy to switch because the change of gender does not really affect the dynamics of the characters or the relationships among them. "Whose Life is It Anyway?" is another example. Because those plays are about bonds and relationships that aren't romantic.

In your example of Death of a Salesman, would an actress play Willy Loman &ndash

Gays on Broadway - Book by Ethan Mordden  Mar 1 2024, 09:39:26 AM

For those who are interested, Chapter 4 and 5 of Ryan Donovan's Broadway Bodies (also Oxford University Press) complement this nicely

West End CABARET Eyeing Broadway Transfer to the Hudson?  Mar 1 2024, 06:57:52 AM

A new EP with ‘Wilkommen’, ‘Don’t Tell Mamma’, ‘I Don’t Care Much’ and ‘Cabaret’ from the recent BBC Radio 2 session with Self Esteem and Jake Shears is being released 8th March

Why don’t actors share roles on Broadway?  Feb 29 2024, 09:47:44 AM

Sorry for the digression but a couple of the answers here make me worry about people's reading comprehension 

SLAVE PLAY headed to London?  Feb 28 2024, 09:39:28 AM

lopside said: "Wick3 said: "KevinKlawitter said: "imeldasturn said: "slaveplaylondon.com/cast-and-creatives/

Summer run at the Noel Coward with Kit Harrington, and James Cusati-Moyer reprising his role
"

Kit Harington wow! Props to him to taking on an unconventional role. I really respect how the guy has fully embraced the stage now that he's done with GoT.
"

Wow! When Kit Harington was in Henry V in London two years ago, it was sold out.
I can see a good number of Brits buying tickets to this play just to see Kit perform in person.
"

That was in the 250-seater Donmar. There was no chance that didn't sell out. Something has to bomb terribly to not get good play at the Donmar. This too will sell very well, but sell-out remains to be seen. Emilia Clarke did not manage that.
"

Yeah when he was doing True West with Johnny Flynn it wasn't selling very well, besides Game of Thrones finished half a decade ago. But I think it will do good business 

SLAVE PLAY headed to London?  Feb 27 2024, 02:39:22 AM

slaveplaylondon.com/cast-and-creatives/

Summer run at the Noel Coward with Kit Harrington, and James Cusati-Moyer reprising his role

AMADEUS to be adapted into a series starring White Lotus' Will Sharpe  Feb 20 2024, 12:24:42 PM

They announced that they were developing it well over a year ago, I was wondering when we'd get some updates.

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You