News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for ukpuppetboy

ukpuppetboy Profile Photo
Member Name: ukpuppetboy
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Theatre fan and puppet maker.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

SARAH BRIGHTMAN To Star in Australian SUNSET BLVD.  Oct 10 2023, 12:03:35 AM

Tsao5 said: "I would have hoped to have seen the great Caroline O'Conner in the role instead."

Now THAT would be inspired. I’m sure she’ll need an alternate and I hope to god you nailed it with this call.

Did Kevin Anderson get fired from Sunset Blvd with Patti Lupone?  Jul 10 2020, 10:34:10 PM

Dollypop said: "I have never met Kevin Anderson but Patti told me he was fired along with her."

He left the show in London months before Patti & from what I remember reading in that (Shawshank Redemption) Evening Standard article quoted above he stated that he removed himself from the toxic environment of Sunset Boulevard in support of his co-star’s treatment (and his own mental health) - effectively ruling himself out of the Broadway run. A s

Meryl Streep, Patti LuPone, more to perform for virtual Sondheim 90th birthday celebration  Apr 26 2020, 08:08:21 PM

musikman said: "Play Esq. said: "Is anyone getting feed?"

Nope. Still waiting
"

When Broadway does tech...

What made Natasha Richardson so brilliant as Sally?  Feb 22 2020, 06:25:14 PM

BenjaminNicholas2 said: "Richardson was fine, but she was no Jane Horrocks"

I assume she didn’t scream/shout the title song either though, which I’d have been more than fine with.

Girl From The North Country - Broadway Previews  Feb 21 2020, 04:48:46 AM

JDonaghy4 said: "
the comparisons here to The Bands Visit boggle my mind. Yazbeck's music moves the plot, the play is funny and full of characters you want more and more of. This is missing all of that. Snooze."

I agree with this 100%. I found The Bands Visit charming and engaging, and TGFTNC like watching paint dry.

Jeremy Jordan to join LSOH beginning March 17  Feb 7 2020, 06:46:46 PM

Would Howard Ashman have cast him? I very much doubt it.

But if you want to see a “hot” Seymour in glasses and a tank top then sure, why not? But don’t pretend he fits the casting description in the script because he really doesn’t. It’s a move to shift tickets plain and simple - which is valid too. And a much better choice than a random YouTuber. 

Jeremy Jordan to join LSOH beginning March 17  Feb 5 2020, 08:18:46 PM

MollyJeanneMusic said: "For all you wondering about the "unattractive" factor, it immediately brought to mind for me something Julian Fellowes said about casting Laura Carmichael as Edith Crawley in Downton Abbey. I can't think of the exact wording, but to paraphrase, he basically said that you shouldn't cast an "ugly" person as an "ugly" character. I'll see if I can find where he said it."

Sounds like he meant nasty rather t

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/19/20  Jan 21 2020, 04:40:17 PM

Beetlejuice’s figures continue to defy expectations. Surely there will be an announcement about a transfer soon?

Desi Oakley steps into London’s Waitress!  Jan 13 2020, 09:24:22 PM

Some amazing stories of performers going above and beyond to keep the show going. Thanks for posting.

A refreshing change after all the bashing of the modern work ethic that has been common on the board lately. Not sure even Merman herself would have flown to London to save a show the following night. 

WSS 2019/20  Jan 10 2020, 08:20:30 PM

Yes. Both occurred in the rain, but they also both occurred during choreography. Perhaps they should cut all the dance segments too? Or, you know just NOT “overdo it”, re-tech (as necessary) to make every aspect of the show safe (if there ARE any slip hazards) and continue to present the, much praised production that is currently on stage.

I work in Special Effects. Almost everything can be dangerous if not given the proper respect by everyone involved. Accidents a

JRB’s tasteless tweet  Jan 10 2020, 03:43:48 PM

ctorres23 said: "We don't dare repeat it. It was far too tasteless for human ears."

I like you. You’re fun.

SO I'm blacklisted  Dec 31 2019, 03:38:43 PM

Well this sneaks in to being the most pointless, self-indulgent thread of the decade. Congrats.

Alex Brightman Bootleg Tweets  Dec 20 2019, 05:50:11 PM

Bettyboy72 said: "I hope she uses her power for good not evil."

With all the collaborators in the White House these days the spies are free to make their own entertainment.

Alex Brightman Bootleg Tweets  Dec 20 2019, 03:59:27 PM

Pashacar said: 
"A Winter Garden usher posted in another thread a bit ago that the production has ordered them not to go into the aisles during the performance to stop people from texting, filming, etc.

At my performance some guy was repeatedly taking photos with his huge phone over his head and the ushers saw but did nothing. An idiotic policy like that is just going to breed more bad behavior like this.
"

In defence of the theatre/producers it d

MEAN GIRLS To Welcome Social Media Star Cameron Dallas For Four Week Run  Dec 20 2019, 05:45:14 AM

It seemd to work pretty well when they cast YouTuber Joe Sugg in Waitress in London in another featured role that didn’t require any ‘heavy lifting’.

WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 10 2019, 11:19:49 PM

Thanks JBroadway, BJR and supersam1026 for all your thoughts and recollections. It’s encouraging reading and a joy to watch an informative, creative debate unfold on here finally. Much appreciated.

WEST SIDE STORY (2019 Revival) Preview Thread  Dec 10 2019, 11:00:40 PM

*Post removed to keep thread on track. It’s nice to see the show being discussed. Finally.

PHANTOM OF THE OPERA French version in concert, Canada 2020  Dec 9 2019, 12:53:49 PM

Lot666 said: "Although I do love Ben Crawford, I wish the Broadway production would cast a true opera singer in the title role."

Just one more reason why Anthony Warlow was always so perfect. 

West Side Story revival?  Dec 7 2019, 04:50:40 PM

I think it’s really exciting to have the opportunity to see a classic still surprise and thrill you like the first time.

Looking forward to catching this in the new year.  

Error on Les Miz Video?  Dec 6 2019, 04:11:25 AM

If it was their Children in Need charity performance (in Les <is t-shirts) from the stage of The Savoy then the direct link on youTube is:

One Day More - (2019 London Concert Cast)

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You