pixeltracker

THE ICEMAN COMETH (2018) Reviews- Page 2

THE ICEMAN COMETH (2018) Reviews

bfreak
#25THE ICEMAN COMETH (2018) Reviews
Posted: 5/5/18 at 9:20pm

I also saw last night's performance and truly enjoyed it. While I felt David Morse felt like more of the lead than Washington, I definitely thought that everyone complimented their performances beautifully and everyone functioned so well as an ensemble. Denzel's monologue in the fourth act was incredibly powerful and compelling. The production itself was extremely well directed, and the play mostly did not drag and felt shorter than some 90 minute shows (with the exception of about 10-15 minutes before Hickey's entrance). While I believe Angels in America should win Best Revival, I'd be fine with either Garfield or Washington winning as both of their performances were so honest, sincere, and beautiful. Tammy Blanchard's understudy was very good and did a great job, felt like she'd been performing the part for months.

Updated On: 5/5/18 at 09:20 PM

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#26THE ICEMAN COMETH (2018) Reviews
Posted: 6/25/18 at 12:19am

Saw this at this Sunday’s matinee. Wowsa! This was my first introduction to O’Neill and what an introduction it was. Truly blew me away. The one unexpected delight was Austin Butler. I didn’t even know he was in it. And I didn’t know his name before the show but knew that he looked familiar. From reading his bio in the playbill I realized I knew him from The Carrie Diaries. I was in Row A so I can appreciate what an emotional performance he gave. But really the entire cast was superb.

A good chunk of the cast came out. No Denzel though of course. Some people left when it was clear he wasn’t coming out which made stage door much more manageable. Also, no Austin Butler. But David Morse did come out.

I was able to tell each cast member who came out that this was my first introduction to O’Neill and it had been an excellent one. That really seemed meaningful to them. One of the cast said he was going to tell certain people that

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#27THE ICEMAN COMETH (2018) Reviews
Posted: 6/25/18 at 12:52am

Also, after I posted positively about this production on my Facebook page, my friend said she had read about it and was impressed by the idea to shoot that one scene as a mock last supper. I instantly knew what she was talking about but honestly that had never occurred to me at the time.

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Miles2Go2
#28THE ICEMAN COMETH (2018) Reviews
Posted: 7/1/18 at 9:16pm

Anyone at today’s final performance? Wondering if the cast or director had any special words for the audience at curtain call. I’m still so glad I saw this one week ago exactly. A true delight.

@z5
#29THE ICEMAN COMETH (2018) Reviews
Posted: 7/1/18 at 9:40pm

it was initially supposed to run through the end of July, didn't realize it was closing early till I walked by the theater once. 

bfreak
#30THE ICEMAN COMETH (2018) Reviews
Posted: 7/1/18 at 9:48pm

July 1st was always the closing date. It couldn't extend since Denzel has to do press for Equalizer 2 now. Such a brilliant production, very glad that I saw it!

Updated On: 7/1/18 at 09:48 PM

Videos