News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Miles2Go2

Miles2Go2 Profile Photo
Member Name: Miles2Go2
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

BOOP! The Betty Boop Musical - Pre-Broadway Chi  Dec 2 2023, 03:14:33 PM

I believe they did this with the out-of-town Tootsie pre-Broadway run too. Don’t see it as hurting anything. 

Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade 2023 Broadway Performances  Nov 23 2023, 01:54:14 PM

My thoughts on the shows:

& Juliet - I really enjoyed this. If I had room for one more show on my trip next month, I’d probably choose this. However. with no set pieces and if I hadn’t heard the intro or didn’t know about the show, I’m not sure I would have realized it was a Broadway show. Not sure how many tickets this will sell, but then again they are having no problem packing them in now. 

Back to the Future

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons  Nov 22 2023, 08:45:42 PM

JoeW4 said: "^I can't speak with authority about whether or not the production you saw was abridged. But I will say that part of what makes The Flick so long are the long periods of silence, which can vary significantly from production to production. Again I don't know for a fact, but I would wager that they didn't abridge the script, just performed it more quickly."

Not sure why I thought I saw an abridged version. I’ve looked in various places and

New Hadestown Casting  Nov 22 2023, 08:36:56 PM

yyys said: "First time I've heard of this....what is your source?

OhHiii said: "willep said: "VERY excited about Ani!"

Being excited for a TERF going into the show is achoice!!!
"

"

hadn’t heard this before either. But I did a quick google search.  Ugh

STEREOPHONIC @Playwrights Horizons  Nov 22 2023, 08:32:32 PM

BoringBoredBoard40 said: "People complained about the length, but nothing happening ect, subscribers walked out midshow and complained, the artistic director wrote a letter defending it, the length ect ...and then it won the Pulitzer (not saying the last part will happen here) but that review just snapped me back to when all that happened."

I saw The Flick in London and I’m pretty sure I saw an abridged version? I loved it, by the way. 

HAMILTON Principal Cast Replacements  Sep 6 2023, 12:51:52 PM

Not sure if this is the most recent thread or most relevant, but it appears to be from my search. I’m going to be in NYC in December. Hamilton is my favorite show & my first time seeing it was in 2015 with the OBC. I’ve seen it 6 more times  since (3 x in Chicago, 3 x on tour in OKC). After seeing it with OBC, I’ve been hesitant to see it again on Broadway. I know that OBC was lightening in a bottle, but I’m a big fan of Miquel Cervantes from seeing him 3 x in

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Jun 13 2023, 06:53:14 PM

BossBroadway said: "While I do think Kimberly Akimbo's sales will rise up significantly, I see it having a similar outcome as A Strange Loop in that it sees a boost and then falls off after about 8-12 weeks. Whoever said KA costs 400k per week is wrong; it is 570k, a much higher number than many thought. I see it lasting through at least September, maybe January if it holds it out a little longer. The reason I say this is because Tony viewership has been significantly down since

KIMBERLY AKIMBO Reviews  Jun 13 2023, 11:12:05 AM

Jumpin_J said: "Yes, congrats to the show. It will join the cluster of "niche" shows like A Strange Loop and The Band's Visit of shows that won the Tony, didn't make money, and will likely close by February. That's just a fact. The show has rarely broken $600K weekly and I'm sure it costs at least that much just to keep the lights on. Will they get a bump from Sunday? Probably, but not a long lasting one. David Stone who produced Wicked has deep pockets and

Tina Turner Has Passed Away  May 24 2023, 03:50:42 PM

Training staff today. Trying to keep it together until tonight. I predict a good cry in my hotel room tonight. No words suffice to describe her impact on me & the world. 

Broadway Season Closer Quiz  Apr 30 2023, 06:53:20 PM

84/115

Where’s ArtMan?  Mar 11 2023, 05:22:36 PM

Seems like forever since ArtMan posted? Anyone know how they are?

Broadway Discounts  Mar 10 2023, 08:43:02 PM

Just received an email with discount code for Wicked:

FIYERO for $10 off on TodayTix. Not much, but I guess it’s something. 

Post-Show Dining  Feb 20 2023, 11:08:03 PM

I like Bond 45 post-show. Also, if still open that late now, I like the upstairs bar at Sardi’s.  

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR 50th Anniversary Tour  Feb 20 2023, 10:35:27 PM

dangeresque49 said: "I am just disappointed because I heard this was so great and wanted it to be a gift for my friend and his dad but then covid killed the tour and now we are left with a lesser version."

This review may give you an idea:

https://www.oklahoman.com/story/entertainment/2023/02/17/once-controversial-jesus-christ-superstar-lands-in-oklahoma-city/69906347007/

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR 50th Anniversary Tour  Feb 20 2023, 10:31:23 PM

dangeresque49 said: "I am just disappointed because I heard this was so great and wanted it to be a gift for my friend and his dad but then covid killed the tour and now we are left with a lesser version."

I really liked it. I’d still do it if I were you. I’m very glad I saw it. If you liked the John Legend and the filmed UK versions, I think you will be too. 

JESUS CHRIST SUPERSTAR 50th Anniversary Tour  Feb 19 2023, 01:00:14 AM

Saw this tonight in Oklahoma City. So glad I caught it. Watched it from front row center in orchestra pit. 

First time seeing it in a theatre. Even though it was a little busy, I liked the choreography. A very talented cast. In a cast of vocal powerhouses, Jack Hopewell (Jesus) and Elvie Ellis really stood out both for their voices and their acting choices. Phenomenal. 

I will say that even though I’ve seen the fairly recent filmed stage production as well as the

Olivia Newton-John Has Passed Away  Feb 17 2023, 10:27:59 PM

Olivia Newton-John Cracked Jokes, Showed Love Until She Could No Longer Speak, Family Says

Broadway Discounts  Feb 9 2023, 12:08:31 AM

TheaterMania Discount Tickets

Broadway Discounts  Feb 5 2023, 04:16:47 PM

TodayTix has $69 Orchestra tix for select shows. Flight getting ready to take off and can’t find link. 

Broadway Discounts  Feb 3 2023, 12:41:02 PM

Just got this in email from Audience Rewards for Life of Pi:

Special VIP Rate:

250 ShowPoints + $78 per ticket

I'm guessing non-VIP rate is:

500 ShowPoints + $78 per ticket

Audience Rewards

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You