News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Audition Attire

Bohoboy
#25re: Audition Attire
Posted: 7/25/04 at 5:51pm

The rule is to wear the same thing to the call back. It helps them remember who you were at the initial audition.

Consider picking up a book called Audition: Everything An Actor Needs To Know To Get The Part by Michael Shurtleff. Even though the advice is decades old, the book is widely considered the bible on the subject.

I wish the stage were as narrow as the wire of a tightrope dancer, so that no incompetent would dare step upon it. -Johann Wolfgang Von Goethe

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#26re: Audition Attire
Posted: 7/25/04 at 5:53pm

Wear the same outfit. And congratulations!!!

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

broadwayguy2
#27re: Audition Attire
Posted: 7/26/04 at 11:18am

SAME outift.

I have that book and SWEAR by it many atime.

I second the thing on jeans.

dramaqueen Profile Photo
dramaqueen
#28re: Audition Attire
Posted: 7/26/04 at 1:47pm

I always wear teh same thign or somethign very very similar, simply because that might be the way that they're remembering you. Also, don't dress for the part. EECh

:) cco

broadwayguy2
#29re: Audition Attire
Posted: 7/26/04 at 5:13pm

oh GOD that is so true! I saw an audition for the wizard of oz and about half of the girls auditioning showed up dressed as Dorothy!

~FloweryFriend~ Profile Photo
~FloweryFriend~
#30re: Audition Attire
Posted: 7/26/04 at 6:09pm

Picture it...
An audition for "Fiddler on the Roof"
A girl audtions wearing a peasant dress.
And a headscarf.
Barefoot.
Sings REALLLLLLLLLY sharp.
It was horrifying.

The unbearableness of that moment was made much more painful by the outfit.

I starred in a short film called Magnetic Personality. Check it out!

MyNameInLights Profile Photo
MyNameInLights
#31re: Audition Attire
Posted: 7/26/04 at 6:18pm

Audition by Michael Shurtleff is perfection. I love it!

"The stage is where I live and come alive and act out all the things that go on in my life. It's not just what I do for a living, it's my shrink and my love affair. No one in my life has ever or ever will kiss me on the mouth like this lover called my relationship with my performance."

broadwayguy2
#32re: Audition Attire
Posted: 7/27/04 at 12:11pm

Another book worth checking out is "Auditioning: An Actor-Friendly Guide" by Joanna Merlin

midtowngym Profile Photo
midtowngym
#33re: Audition Attire
Posted: 7/27/04 at 12:19pm

I'm currently holding auditions for my new musical 'Midtown and the angry 10" inches.' All cute male BWW members are invited. There is nudity--not in the musical, but in the audition. I will schedule SPECIAL private auditions for Matt_G and JRB.

'The Devil be hitting me!'--Whitney Houston

Rathnait62 Profile Photo
Rathnait62
#34re: Audition Attire
Posted: 7/27/04 at 12:20pm

Matt is probably already there!

Have I ever shown you my Shattered Dreams box? It's in my Disappointment Closet. - Marge Simpson

Videos