Gavin Creel in La Cage

Kayla426 Profile Photo
Kayla426
#25re: Gavin Creel in La Cage
Posted: 11/29/04 at 7:10pm

Yeah I thought he cut it too but it is a wig. I thought it was very unlike him to cut it, but he didn't, pin curls solved the problem.

Anyway, crazy thread, went from his performance to his tight costumes lol.

-k
gavin creel online

stacey717
#26re: Gavin Creel in La Cage
Posted: 11/29/04 at 7:27pm

I was confused for a while with all the talk of ponytails, but I realized, and was confirmed that, by the time I saw the show on Saturday he wasn't wearing a ponytail anymore...

but...

That was a wig?!
Are you all sure? Hmm... That is odd... I thought I'd be able to tell lol...It was slicked back at first but then kinda fell pretty freely, etc... It was kinda half dyed--like highlights that are getting grown out, if I remember correctly
*blank stares as I attempt to remember what I saw more clearly...*
*flabbergasted*
Are you sure they're still using a wig?

As for his performance...I loved his rendition of With Anne On My Arm... I still thought he was great, perhaps the effeminate behavior people could see is because of his parents? Maybe he acts more like that when around them? Hmm..but would that concern the girls parents... You can be effeminate and not gay (case in point, Roger Bart is definitely not gay but people think he could be/could be surprised to learn he's not)... Maybe if his hair were more conservative...
(I know, I know...I'm just grabbing at random straws all over...I just really liked his voice--definitely loved when he fell over the couch backwards)

*blank stare number two*
A wig?
No way... Impossible! (I think it was his hair on Saturday..I mean..why would they have a wig with highlights that look like they're being grown out?)

NativeNewYorker
#27re: Gavin Creel in La Cage
Posted: 11/29/04 at 9:33pm

Yeah, it's definitely a wig. I saw him in the street before I saw the show and his hair was pretty long, so I was confused when I saw how short it was onstage. After the show, you can tell he had a hairnet on under his hat...

For whoever mentioned Eloise, Gavin uses the same dance moves in La Cage as he does in the Christmas movie :)...when he dances with his girlfriend after they play the piano...dances the same way in Eloise! I was sitting there thinking, "Where have I seen this before?"

Absolutely adorable...I love him.

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
millie_dillmount
#28re: Gavin Creel in La Cage
Posted: 11/29/04 at 9:35pm

I saw him in Millie - when his hair was short. Grrr....his back was like 2 feet away from me, and I didn't get an autograph because he was telling someone that he "had to get those ribs." I think it was for Sheryl Lee Ralph's last day.

"We like to snark around here. Sometimes we actually talk about theater...but we try not to let that get in our way." - dramamama611

NativeNewYorker
#29re: Gavin Creel in La Cage
Posted: 11/30/04 at 12:13pm

"(definitely loved when he fell over the couch backwards)"

That probably goes down as one of my favorite random musical scenes ever...

Videos