News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for millie_dillmount

millie_dillmount Profile Photo
Member Name: millie_dillmount
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 14 2018, 07:42:39 PM

disneybroadwayfan22 said: "First pic of bows. Just know they do something really cool for Christian and Satine

https://www.instagram.com/p/BlE2tEzAlSf/?taken-at=1466706343368415

Click Here To Toggle Spoiler Content

"

This didn't happen at today's matinee.

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 14 2018, 07:20:16 PM

I just got back from the matinee too. I won the lotto and had tickets in the Dress Circle, row K. Not bad seats for the price ($35 each, max 2). They were considered limited view, but I didn't really miss much (I only missed some of the action in one of the front corners of the stage where it extends out).

The show is mostly style with little substance. There are definitely a lot of flaws with the book; however, I didn't go in with the highest expectations.

I hated the m

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 14 2018, 01:37:34 PM
Dress Circle row K for the 2 pm matinee
Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 14 2018, 11:47:32 AM

mufish said: "millie_dillmount said: "I just won lotto tickets via Today Tix. Just curious how the lotto seats are typically?"

I did not win, but thought I'd add that they did send a lotto loser offer this morning; however, I wasn't quick enough so I continue to get the message that all of the tickets are currently on hold in others' carts. It's early enough in the run that I'm not going to resort to just buying a regular price ticket

Moulin Rouge Colonial Theatre Previews  Jul 14 2018, 10:16:06 AM

I just won lotto tickets via Today Tix. Just curious how the lotto seats are typically?

Alan Rickman has passed away  Jan 14 2016, 07:58:48 AM

RIP...http://www.theguardian.com/film/2016/jan/14/alan-rickman-giant-of-british-film-and-theatre-dies-at-69

WAITRESS Will Officially Bow on Broadway in Spring 2016  Sep 8 2015, 08:18:29 PM

I meant to post this a couple of weeks ago. I saw the show at A.R.T. end of August, and holy cow, was I impressed! 

I wanted to see this because I became a fan of Jessie Mueller after seeing her in Beautiful. Otherwise I didn't have that high expectations for the show (there are several movie-musicals I've seen that have been less than stellar).

Not surprisingly, Jessie Mueller was an absolute standout. 

Sara Bareilles's score is amazing! I can't wait for them to release a cast album. Very original, catchy and does a great job of advancing the plot and really highlighting the characters.

I had such a great time that I wanted to buy another ticket for a future date. Little did I know it was sold out.  

Good for the show, though.

Vocal Range for Glinda  Aug 29 2015, 04:17:16 PM

Out of curiosity...why cast someone in the role if they cannot hit all the notes? Granted, I know it is just one note - is this common practice?

I'm aware that Phantom's title song is a pre-recorded track, but from my understanding that has to do with where the actors are on stage...I could be wrong?

Audra On Tour?  Mar 17 2015, 06:58:15 PM
For anyone in the Boston area: she'll be performing with the Pops this spring season, in June.
Broadway show or Julie Andrews?  Mar 17 2015, 06:47:34 PM
Are you under 35 and who are you going with? There may be cheaper alternatives for the Broadway shows so you can do both AND see Julie Andrews. Not sure what price range you are looking to stay in.

Lincoln Center has LincTix (http://www.lct.org/linctix) for 21 to 35 year olds. You can only get 1 ticket per person, but it says you can coordinate with other members (you can get your companion(s) to join if they meet requirements) to see shows together.

There is also HipTix via Roundabout that offers $25 seats, but they are in the mezzanine. If you upgrade to HipTix Gold ($75/year), you can access orchestra seats for $25. You can buy a max of two tickets. Might be worth it if you are interested in other Roundabout shows down the road: http://www.roundabouttheatre.org/Shows-Events/HipTix.aspx

Enjoy your shows!

Jessie Mueller in Beautiful Sunday?  Feb 7 2015, 10:55:05 AM
Bump. Does anyone know if Jessie will be performing tonight? I thought I read somewhere that her understudy did some performances this week and wasn't sure about the evening performance (barring any illness/emergency of course).
Jessie Mueller in Beautiful Sunday?  Jan 27 2015, 09:29:42 PM
I am going to the evening performance on Saturday Feb 7. I would love to see Jessie Mueller. Barring any unforeseen circumstances, should she be performing that day? Not sure if Telecharge still informs ticket buyers of vacation dates as they did last year.
Jenn Colella went on for Idina today  Dec 18 2014, 06:10:56 PM
"Jenn is the second cover for the role and she opts to list Ann as her only role in the show in the Playbill."

Why would someone opt to not be listed as the second cover? I remember reading the answer to that on another thread, but can't remember.

August Wilson Extreme Sides - Help!  Dec 18 2014, 09:53:28 AM
Unfortunately I can't afford the best orchestra or mezzanine seats...so between my two choices, what is the better?
August Wilson Extreme Sides - Help!  Dec 18 2014, 09:43:08 AM
Hi guys

I am trying to buy tickets to Jersey Boys for someone for Christmas and the best (closest) discounted seats I came across for the time/day I am considering is Row N, but all the way to the extreme sides. Are these partial view?

I understand the tickets towards the front/extreme sides are partial view, so I wasn't sure since these were further back, the view was slightly better? Would the mezzanine overhang block the view of the projections?

Or should I opt for

phantom of the opera national tour?  Dec 7 2014, 05:47:48 AM
"My only gripe about Phantom is they digitally enhance the actors voices and include pre-recorded material, which I believe is a sin for a Broadway show."

They do this during the title song because of how it is staged. Christine and the Phantom are offstage part of the number too and I believe at one point they have body doubles.

I've seen it on Broadway as well as the most recent tour. The girl who played Christine (Julia Udine) had an amazing voice, but lacked chemistry with

Brother and Sister in Musicals  Nov 30 2014, 05:55:30 PM
"Sutton and Hunter Foster, circa 2004, in Thoroughly Modern Millie, and Little Shop of Horrors respectively. Probably other overlaps too."

Sutton was also in Drowsy Chaperone while Hunter had a stint in the Producers.

Radio City Christmas Spectacular  Nov 30 2014, 05:43:06 PM
It's super touristy and one of those shows if you've seen it once, there is no use going back (maybe once every so often).

I first went about 15 years ago when I was 12. I made a return visit last year because I was curious.

I've never seen so many disruptive people in a theater (again, because there are SO many tourists). My mom and I had aisle seats, and there were so many latecomers blocking our view as they were walking down the aisle. People were coming in even much later

'Beautiful' Officially Announces West End Plans and US National Tour!  Nov 15 2014, 03:04:47 AM
"I thought I also heard about Jenn Bambatese (she did just work with director Marc Bruni on The Sound of Music at the Lyric Opera in Chicago)."

You mean Jenn Gambatese?

The Best Thing You'll Read Today  Nov 12 2014, 06:29:18 PM
Part time but job can be up to 40 hours a week?
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You