pixeltracker

American Idol's Simon insults "La Cage aux Folles"- Page 2

American Idol's Simon insults "La Cage aux Folles"

Lori
#25re: American Idol's Simon insults 'La Cage aux Folles'
Posted: 1/26/05 at 2:28pm

On his new UK show "X Factor" he told one of the contestants that her song choice reminded him of a child auditioning for musical theatre...and he wasn't being complimentary.

Having said that though, I love Simon and generally agree with him.

"Take Care! When I am thwarted I am very terrible!"

Justice Profile Photo
Justice
#26re: American Idol's Simon insults 'La Cage aux Folles'
Posted: 1/26/05 at 2:31pm

Hello! It's Simon Cowell!
A man who always has to make a comment, even if it's not funny.
A man who finds talent in The Spice Girls.
A man who has no concept of what true talent is, but more of how stupid America is to buy into all this B.S.

"Do you know what pledge time is, Andrew"? said the PBS Executive. "Yes", Lloyd Webber replied. "My 50th birthday special must be one program that gets done a lot." "No", mused the man from PBS heedlessy. "Not so much. Our Stephen Sondheim Carnegie Hall concert. That's a big one." Spoons, forks and knives seemed suddenly to suspend their motion in horror, all around the table.

UptownGirl Profile Photo
UptownGirl
#27re: American Idol's Simon insults 'La Cage aux Folles'
Posted: 1/26/05 at 4:34pm

Javert2 - The movie actually came after the show... La Cage first opened in 1983, and I believe the movie came out in 1996.

LOL. I think it's funny how the insult for AI is "too Broadway" and the insult for Broadway is "too popstar".

But seriously guys? Don't take it that seriously. It was just Simon's lame attempt at a joke. Move on.

"Learn how to laugh. Learn how to love. Learn how to live. That's my style." -Follies

UptownGirl Profile Photo
UptownGirl
#28re: American Idol's Simon insults 'La Cage aux Folles'
Posted: 1/26/05 at 4:53pm

Ohhh. Guess I was wrong, then. Sorry.

"Learn how to laugh. Learn how to love. Learn how to live. That's my style." -Follies

Videos