pixeltracker

Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com- Page 2

Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#25re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 9:17pm

I don't think I'd want to sit through a whole evening of him 'just' singing. In a musical he's fine, but 90 minutes of Jackman singing maybe a little too much for me.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#26re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 10:13pm

He probabaly sang for @ least 90 minutes in BFO

Poster Emeritus

Plum
#27re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 10:15pm

True enough. The concert will pretty much just strip away the illusion of a book that BFO had, and hopefully diversify the music involved.

thirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
#28re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 11:36pm

He sings, he dances, he plays piano, he seduces the audience. bring it on Hugh.
There's a gorgeous picture of Hugh on Playbill.com Updated On: 2/25/05 at 11:36 PM

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#29re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/26/05 at 8:51am

Ditto!

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#30re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/26/05 at 9:11am

If he decides he likes performing live as opposed to films more, he may come back to Broadway quite soon

Getting backing for a show with him in it would be a breeze so Wildhorn should star him in his next show. Imagine him in a Wildhorn show ? Wildhorn would still get crappy reviews but he would finally have a hit.

Imagine Jackman & Banderas in the same show. That would be a scalpers dream

Poster Emeritus

Fan2
#31re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/28/05 at 8:20am

Here's a bit more from Liz Smith today.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/liz.htm

>PEOPLE, women especially, keep asking me to report on their idol Hugh Jackman. We already told you about his coming concert tour, opening in Las Vegas in April. But devout worshippers of this "Boy From Oz" should know Hugh has just finished filming "The Fountain" in Montreal with Rachel Weisz, Ellen Burstyn and Donna Murphy. And, one of the treats from Hugh's coming concert, will be a new song written especially for him by Burt Bacharach and Carole Bayer Sager. (These two hadn't composed together in years!)

Videos