#0Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 10:31am

https://www.broadwayworld.com/l.cfm?id=62435

"A little nonsense now and then is relished by the wisest men" - Willy Wonka

Katecab99 Profile Photo
Katecab99
#1re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 12:42pm

i loooooooove him!!!! if this is a "tour", it needs to make it to new york.

commasplice
#2re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:16pm

For some reason, the words "Hugh Jackman's world concert tour" make me laugh. But if it comes to my area, I readily admit that I'll be there.

Wonder when they'll put a schedule out.

Plum
#3re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 1:19pm

Actually, it gave me a bit of a giggle, too. And to be honest, I wish he'd concentrate on movies and theater, but who am I to talk? The involvement of Wolfe is a good sign.

maggiwun
#4re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:11pm

I was excited to read this as we will be in Vegas in April. I called Wynn Resort, they said they had had numerous calls, but knew nothing about it. She said it might be a
"private" party.
Updated On: 2/25/05 at 02:11 PM

Chrysanthemum62001
#5re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:16pm

My my my, that is one beautiful picture. I guess it is no longer *if*!

"What a mystery this world. One day you love them and the next day you want to kill them a thousand times over." The Masked Bandit in THE FALL

Fan2
#6re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:38pm

>>And to be honest, I wish he'd concentrate on movies and theater, but who am I to talk? The involvement of Wolfe is a good sign.<<

I think this may be something he does *between* doing movies. He finishes filming "The Fountain" today, and speculation is he's going home to Australia after that since his wife is filming a movie (starring Laura Linney) starting in March. Plus there's the unconfirmed rumor that he's hosting the Tony Awards again on June 5 and then X-Men 3 supposedly starts at the end of June (although no confirmation on that yet) and that will probably be four months. So he may have two months to do this (May/June). But this is JMO.

Plum
#7re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:44pm

You forgot that he's probably started voiceover work for that rat movie. Damn workaholic. :P

Fan2
#8re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 2:52pm

Yeah Plum I keep forgetting about "Ratropolis" (apparently they changed the name from "Flushed Away")! I know the Internet Movie Database said that's "filming" but I'm wondering if that means they are doing the animation now and the voices will be done later on. Hugh has done animation before - he did "Van Helsing - the London Assignment" (which was a prequel to the movie and was only on DVD) and the extras showed you him in the studio voicing the animation which was already done. So I'm not sure of the timeline on that. He just wants to "do it all" like he said on the Charlie Rose Show.

Type_A_Tiff Profile Photo
Type_A_Tiff
#9re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 3:30pm

Is the Wynn on the Vegas Strip?

I hope you're right about X3 starting in June. Actually, I hope you're wrong because that would mean it's definitely not returning to Vancouver (local buzz says it's pretty much nixed for June), and that would make me very sad. Selfish reasons, but, hey, it's Hugh. re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"Good luck returning my ass!" - Wilhemina Slater

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell

Fan2
#10re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:11pm

Patrick Stewart gave a recent interview:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=2600

Patrick Stewart radio interview in which he mentions that 20th Century Fox is telling him they aim to start production on X-Men 3 in June or July of this year.

He added that "it will probably be a little bit later than that, but they are holding to their release date for the film, which will be summer of 2006. So, we gotta start shooting quite soon, because films like 'X-Men' are as complicated in their post-production as they are during production."

He added that "a script is almost finished and I expect to have it in my hands any day now. I've been given an idea of the storyline".

Also this re filming in BC:

http://www.superherohype.com/news/x-mennews.php?id=2585

The Vancouver Sun reports that X-Men 3 will likely shoot in British Columbia again:

British Columbia is front-runner once again to land the big-budget feature X-Men 3, thanks largely to increased tax incentives announced by the provincial government last month.

"B.C. has always been a great place to make movies and the increased tax incentive program has moved British Columbia to the top of my list as a destination of choice for X-Men 3," said producer Ross Fanger in a statement released Friday afternoon.

X2: X-Men United, second in the X-Men film franchise, was shot in B.C. with Fanger as unit production manager. Fanger also co-produced Fantastic Four, the biggest production to come to the province in 2004, an off-year for the industry.

Type_A_Tiff
#11re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:24pm

Thanks for the info! I was actually afraid that the Ontario tax incentives meant that X3 would go there instead. This cheers me up - I always vowed I'd hold off from law school if I could work full time on X3 instead. re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com It hasn't been posted on the Directors Guild production list yet - I hope they secure their locations and stage soon.

"It's not always about you!!!" (But if you think I'm referring to you anyway, then I probably am.)

"This is my breakfast, lunch and f***ing dinner right here. I'm not even f***in' joking." - Colin Farrell
Updated On: 2/25/05 at 04:24 PM

Taryn Profile Photo
Taryn
#12re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:54pm

Fan2, voices are recorded before animation is done.

If he tours anywhere as close as a neighboring state, I will be raising hell to get there. XD

LittleFish8386 Profile Photo
LittleFish8386
#13re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 4:55pm

Do you think, since its Vegas, he'll strip? Because then I will buy a plane ticket and be there opening night. Updated On: 2/25/05 at 04:55 PM

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#14re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 6:02pm

The Wynn is built on the plot previously occupied by the Desert Inn

The Mrs wanted to stay in the Bellagio next time we go. Now she says she wants to stay here. I understand there will be a new Circue Du Soleil ensconsed there

Poster Emeritus

Type_A_Tiff
#15re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 6:12pm

Is that the new show, Ka? I vaguely remember the Desert Inn. It's on the "older" side of the Strip, closer to Circus Circus and the Stardust side, right?

I'd opt for the Bellagio. re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#16re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 6:13pm

This is very exciting news. The new Wynn is supposed to be spectacular when it opens.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#17re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 6:19pm

It is striking

We stayed @ Caesar's in January we could see it lit up from our window

Poster Emeritus

Phantom2 Profile Photo
Phantom2
#18re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 6:26pm

I heard it's a very striking structure and depending on the way the light hits it, it can appear either gold, copper or almost black when the sun sets.

"I'm learning to dig deep down inside and find the truth within myself and put that out. I think what we identify with in popular music more than anything else is when someone just shares a truth that we can relate to. That's what I'm searching for in my music." - Ron Bohmer

"I broke the boundaries. It wasn't cool to be in plays- especially if you were in sports & I was in both." - Ashton Kutcher

Type_A_Tiff
#19re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 6:32pm

I only saw it while the Desert was being torn down, I believe. Rush Hour 2 was being filmed there. It's on the north side of the Strip, right?

Ilive4nyc Profile Photo
Ilive4nyc
#20re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 7:16pm

hmmm....this makes me very, very, very excited!
I wonder if he'll come to Hershey PA...LOL

"It's like I'm your lover or more like your ghost. I spend the day wondering what you do where you go" "A log is like this big around, you're lucky your head didn't fall off, you best get yourself to a hospital....

thirdrowcenter Profile Photo
thirdrowcenter
#21re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 7:40pm

Since I can't go to Las Vegas, sob, sob, I am wondering if Hugh will have a concert in NY as part of the world tour.

Type_A_Tiff
#22re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 8:14pm

Oh, I'd hope so. Carnegie perhaps?

Plum
#23re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 8:17pm

I really need a you-know-what of that Carousel concert someday.

jo
#24re: Hugh Jackman to Play Vegas; Wolfe to Direct - playbill.com
Posted: 2/25/05 at 8:27pm

I wonder what the show would be like --

When the rumor first came out after the 2004 TONYs, it was said that it would be something like HUGH JACKMAN'S BROADWAY. It is intriguing that he has chosen George Wolfe ( Of Caroline or Change) and Kathleen Marshall ( of Wonderful Town) for his creative team for the show. And given that he is a triple threat in a Broadway sense, perhaps he might chose Broadway as his show's theme. That would certainly set him apart from the other excellent shows in Las Vegas.

I am also hoping he will take it to New York, hopefully in the second half of May, right before the TONYs which he is also rumored to host this year. Then, maybe I can get to see it, too.

I like the CARNEGIE HALL suggestion.

Jo

Videos