Nine Revival

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo Profile Photo
Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#25re: Nine Revival
Posted: 4/12/05 at 6:08pm

oh wow!!! amazing! i just saw 8 1/2 so im sorta on a Nine craze!

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

WillParker
#26re: Nine Revival
Posted: 4/12/05 at 6:12pm

hmmmm....the thing is, i loved Nine, but i could NOT deal with 8 1/2. am i crazy?

"I'll eat some breakfast then change the world." "I hate you, and I hate your ass face!"

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#27re: Nine Revival
Posted: 4/12/05 at 6:15pm

it def. took me a while to actually come to like it, but now that i do. im obsessed

"Picture "The View," with the wisecracking, sympathetic sweethearts of that ABC television show replaced by a panel of embittered, suffering or enraged Arab women" -the Times review of Black Eyed

Bothered and Bewildered
#28re: Nine Revival
Posted: 4/12/05 at 6:21pm

I'm listening to the recording now! I loved the show when I saw it (original cast) and it has a gorgeous score.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#29re: Nine Revival
Posted: 4/12/05 at 6:24pm

brilliant.

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#30re: Nine Revival
Posted: 4/12/05 at 6:32pm

Never saw the original cast, or revival cast. I do have both recordings and have watched the film 8 1/2 (didn't love it, didn't hate it. im contemplating revisiting it once more to see if i have the same reaction twice). This is one of my favorite scores of all time, including: I put all of Sondheim's Tony winning scores-and Merrily-as one show because i love them all in a different way, West Side Story, Carousel and Gypsy.
(HOw odd for one of a Wicked fan's favorite scores not to be Wicked!)
The book has a few flaws (I have rarely come across a libretto I found perfect or near it) but overall a wonderful piece of work.
BTW-My icon has a pic from the revival, the number is "Only With You".

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

Caroline-Q-or-TBoo
#31re: Nine Revival
Posted: 4/12/05 at 6:35pm

i love Unusual Way

Videos