Cats National Tour

lildogs Profile Photo
lildogs
#25re: Cats National Tour
Posted: 7/26/05 at 1:59pm

yeah, inflatable sets sounds like a much easier load-in/out for a non-eq tour--god help that crew!

Of course, we seem to be mocking the inflatable sets idea, but I'm sure if we took a look at some other sets of Bway shows, we'd find zippers and velcro and gaffe tape......

ChiChi Profile Photo
ChiChi
#26re: Cats National Tour
Posted: 7/26/05 at 2:06pm

I think inflatable sets sound cool. Think of how much easier they could be. And think how great it is that the "cats" in CATS don't have claws.

Gypsy - Betty Buckley http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tUN5XoB5vFs&feature=youtu.be

Javert4
#27re: Cats National Tour
Posted: 7/26/05 at 11:02pm

Equity/Non-Equity, Broadway version/National Tour, Inflatable sets....?!!!!!!!!!!!! JEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEZ LOUISE!

Will someone please answer my question.

Princeton78 Profile Photo
Princeton78
#28re: Cats National Tour
Posted: 7/26/05 at 11:13pm

I'm a fan of "Cats" actually and I saw the non-equity tour and thought it was fantastic. The choreography looked crisp, the singing was fine and the costumes and sets were of the same quality of official national tours of the show that I've seen several times. The orchestra was 'sweetened' a bit, but the score has never sounded better. I'm a fan of this tour. I'd check it out if I were you.

CatsNYRevival? Where are you? Help me out here.

"Y'all have a GRAND day now"

Javert4
#29re: Cats National Tour
Posted: 7/26/05 at 11:18pm

Thanks for asking. I've actually been trying to find out whether or not a national Tour has been announced for Cats in 2006. I read in playbill.com that EPA auditions had been scheduled.

My Theatre has announced Cats as part of its 2006 season and I do not want our rights pulled because of a possible tour beginning. This has happened to us twice before. Once with 'Grease' and another time with 'Steel Magnolias'.

Videos