pixeltracker

Kiss of The Spider Woman- Page 2

Kiss of The Spider Woman

magruder Profile Photo
magruder
#25re: Kiss of The Spider Woman
Posted: 8/12/05 at 2:16pm

Spider Woman lost money with whomever was playing the lead.

"Gif me the cobra jool!"

muscle23ftl Profile Photo
muscle23ftl
#26re: Kiss of The Spider Woman
Posted: 8/12/05 at 2:41pm

Hanah! i agree with u...i think Liza Minnelli-in 1993- would have been great for the part...even though maybe she was too old...but she looked great 12 years ago. Vanessa was perfect for the role though.

"People have their opinions and that doesn't mean that their opinions are wrong or right. I just take it with a grain of salt because opinions are like as*holes, everyone has one". -Felicia Finley-

#27re: Kiss of The Spider Woman
Posted: 8/12/05 at 4:10pm

Aurora was the fantasy of a gay man. She was ageless. The age argument doesn't fly when actresses younger than Chita could not come close to recreating the steps of a vibrant 60 year old woman.

And if your friends don't know who Chita is, well that's no surprise to me. Birds of a feather...

Updated On: 8/13/05 at 04:10 PM

EaboveMiddleC
#28re: Kiss of The Spider Woman
Posted: 8/12/05 at 10:53pm

Did anyone see it in London with Bebe?

OtherDaryl Profile Photo
OtherDaryl
#29re: Kiss of The Spider Woman
Posted: 8/13/05 at 9:36am

I saw the London production with Bebe. Very strange experience. All the moves were there and it was okay, but nothing that changed my life. It really seemed like she was marking it. Perhaps because it was choreography set for an older dancer it just didn't showcase her well.

Oddity - she was using a hairstyle in the performance that was different from all the publicity materials outside the theatre and in the souvenir program, which were wigs in the style of Chita's hair.

"Love Life. Live." Michael Bennett

EaboveMiddleC
#30re: Kiss of The Spider Woman
Posted: 8/13/05 at 12:49pm

Anyone know if there are photos online of Bebe in Spider Woman?

frontrowcentre2 Profile Photo
frontrowcentre2
#31re: Kiss of The Spider Woman
Posted: 8/13/05 at 3:40pm

Yes KISS OF THE SPIDER WOMAN lost money in its Broadway run. So did RAGTIME, INTO THE WOODS and other shows that ran 2 years or more.

The financial status of a show matters only to the investors.

I have yet to meet anyone who refuses to go see a production of a show simply because it finished its Broadway run in the red.

These days with shows costing so much to open, it is possible for a show to run for many months meeting its weekly nut but without making any significant return on its production costs. But that has nothing to do with the long-term popularity of the show. The only real measure is how often do regional, professional and amateur companies revive the show.

Cast albums are NOT "soundtracks."
Live theatre does not use a "soundtrack." If it did, it wouldn't be live theatre!

I host a weekly one-hour radio program featuring cast album selections as well as songs by cabaret, jazz and theatre artists. The program, FRONT ROW CENTRE is heard Sundays 9 to 10 am and also Saturdays from 8 to 9 am (eastern times) on www.proudfm.com

Videos