News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for magruder

magruder Profile Photo
Member Name: magruder
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: Theater for revival of 'Barefoot in the Park' ????  Oct 10 2005, 12:32:45 AM
My guess is the Cort. Unless Souvenir doesn't make it.
re: A Change In Me  Sep 29 2005, 01:21:56 PM
Well acted and well sung, as it currently is with Ashley Brown, the song gives a more human dimension to the character of Belle. It nicely bookends "Home" from Act One. And without "A Change in Me," Belle has almost no singing in Act Two, so it also gives the actress playing her something to do.
re: The Color Purple CD Sampler  Sep 27 2005, 11:11:56 AM
I prefer "Push de Button" from Jamaica.
re: the fate of the 45th St. restaurants...  Sep 27 2005, 08:45:20 AM
McDonalds is located in the historic Candler Building. There WAS a theatre located in that building (the Candler, later known as the Harris), but it was demolished.

I'd have no qualms about those other crappy structures on 42nd Street being demolished to make way for a theatre.

re: the fate of the 45th St. restaurants...  Sep 27 2005, 08:03:48 AM
Is it wrong to feel conflicted? I'd miss the restaurants, but would welcome the new theatre.
re: Most Pointless Musical that is a HIT  Sep 26 2005, 08:49:01 PM
Another thread where hair will be pulled, and tears will be shed.
TARZAN BLEW IT  Sep 25 2005, 11:03:01 PM
I'm sure Disney is shaking in their boots without your support.
TARZAN.  Sep 25 2005, 06:03:10 PM
Don't be silly. Seeing it might get in the way of their opinion.
re: MEF on ABSURD PERSON SINGULAR *spoilers*  Sep 25 2005, 11:59:23 AM
Nice review!

(You meant Sandy Dennis, not Sandy Duncan).

TARZAN BLEW IT  Sep 24 2005, 07:12:29 PM
Just curious, Nomdeplume...why do you say they "picked the wrong guy"? Saw Josh at the recent Tarzan event...he has a great pop voice, and he's easy on the eyes.

Jarrod Emick was originally slated to play Chad.

re: FADE OUT/FADE IN  Sep 23 2005, 11:35:57 PM
In addition to the songs mentioned, I'm also fond of the title song, "Lila Tremaine" "Go Home Train" and "Close Harmony". And the book for the show is very funny. Burnett may have been bored with it, but the show is not dreadful by any means.
re: Brooke Shields Chicago Video  Sep 23 2005, 05:12:09 PM
And yet, do you have a recording of "Loopin' the Loop" on there?
re: Kim Crosby or Laura Benanti?  Sep 23 2005, 05:04:32 PM
"I Know Things Now," "Giants in the Sky" and "On the Steps of the Palace" are all musically linked...hard to explain, but there is a rhythmic figure that occurs in all three songs. They are also the three moments of self-discovery for those three characters, which is why the revival brought them together for the end of "On the Steps of the Palace". Thought it was overemphatic, but I understand why they did it.
re: Kim Crosby or Laura Benanti?  Sep 23 2005, 03:49:16 PM
You're crazy.
re: Kim Crosby or Laura Benanti?  Sep 23 2005, 03:11:17 PM
Another vote for Kim Crosby.
re: THE LION KING to tranfer to Minskoff in the Spring  Sep 23 2005, 01:34:50 PM
Actually, Tarzan grossed more than Beauty and the Beast.

Worldwide grosses from Box Office Mojo:

BEAUTY AND THE BEAST - $377,350,553
TARZAN - $448,191,819
THE LION KING - $783,841,776

re: Lestat...  Sep 23 2005, 12:57:55 PM
I think it's more like Le-STAHT.
re: THE LION KING to tranfer to Minskoff in the Spring  Sep 23 2005, 12:40:54 PM
From Michael Riedel's column on Wednesday:

"Within a few days of Schumacher's presentation, "Tarzan" had sold around $8 million worth of group-sales tickets, production sources said.

One group-sales agent predicts the overall advance for the show could reach $20 million or more by the time previews begin in the spring."

Still don't see Tarzan doing well, Fosse76?

re: A Little Night Music - Judi Dench revival cast recording  Sep 23 2005, 11:35:15 AM
Back to "Marry Me A Little" (sorry to threadjack), I've thought about your post, Plum, but the song still feels out of place to me. A few minutes earlier, Bobby is all muddled in "Someone is Waiting," yearning for an amalgam of the best qualities of all of the wives, and he's just watched Amy's meltdown, and has fumbled an attempt to make a pass at her. What brings him to such realization in "Marry Me a Little," to the point that he knows the terms under which he wants a relationship/marriage?
re: A Little Night Music - Judi Dench revival cast recording  Sep 23 2005, 07:09:55 AM
I agree that it's a wonderful song, and it's a shame that for the original production, it didn't work out in what eventually became the "Being Alive" slot. But the reasons for why it was cut seem to apply for why it shouldn't be put back in elsewhere. Part of what makes Company so interesting is that Bobby is such a mystery. You can argue endlessly about what's his problem, what's going on in the show, what is happening at the end. A Bobby who sings "Marry Me a Little" says that he's ready f
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You