pixeltracker

Hugh Is Coming Back To OZ- Page 2

Hugh Is Coming Back To OZ

alterego Profile Photo
alterego
#25re: Hugh Is Coming Back To OZ
Posted: 10/18/05 at 12:11am

Australian seem to respond to that song more than our national anthem.

Urban
#26re: Hugh Is Coming Back To OZ
Posted: 10/18/05 at 1:31am

Am I the only person who finds "I Still Call Australia Home" the most vomit inducing wannabe mini-me-USA-flag-waving-crap with all the sickening over-patriotism.
Updated On: 10/18/05 at 01:31 AM

kec Profile Photo
kec
#27re: Hugh Is Coming Back To OZ
Posted: 10/18/05 at 5:47am

"I believe I Still Call Australia Home reduced every Australian to tears when they saw the show on Broadway.[/i]

It moved me to tears as well. As an American living abroad for work reasons, I found I could relate to the words very well.

Markyjay Profile Photo
Markyjay
#28re: Hugh Is Coming Back To OZ
Posted: 10/18/05 at 7:13am

Im from Australia and saw Hugh in The Boy From Oz in NYC, I didn't cry after I still call Australia home but I did feel proud, call me a suka hehehe. But I can say that the Aussie version was alot more harsh than the safe Broadway version. From what i remember and maybe someone from Australia maybe able to confirm for me. But when Peters dad shoots himself, the mother cleans the blood off the floor and sings "don't cry out loud", that was really sad and moving, where as in the Broadway version the mum just stands there and sings the song. Hugh is a great talent and i admire him for bringing his own creative talent to the show. I saw him as Gaston in Beauty & The Beast and Joe in Sunset and he just keeps getting better.
I'm keen to see the crowd sing along with Hugh as he sings I still call Australia home - it would be amazing.

Videos