News on your favorite shows, specials & more!
pixeltracker

Cheapest places to stay in/near NYC?- Page 2

Cheapest places to stay in/near NYC?

elmore3003
#25re: Cheapest places to stay in/near NYC?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 5:48pm

There's an international hostel on Amsterdam Avenue, around 104th Street. The daughter of a friend stayed there with an Ohio University group in September and a friend of mine used to work there.

Dollypop
#26re: Cheapest places to stay in/near NYC?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 7:49pm

Ever think of staying at Corine's apartment?

(You did use the word "cheap", right?)

"Long live God!" (GODSPELL)
Updated On: 12/22/05 at 07:49 PM

popular_elphie Profile Photo
popular_elphie
#27re: Cheapest places to stay in/near NYC?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 10:40pm

Moderate, but you should look at the Hotel Belleclaire around West 72nd, I think. I stayed there a year ago with a group, and it's a beautiful, comfortable hotel. I'm looking it for a trip I'm taking in March, and the rate is $182 a night. Not bad.

pab Profile Photo
pab
#28re: Cheapest places to stay in/near NYC?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 11:26pm

popular_elphie, if you go to expedia.com and put in a search for Available hotels during March you will find about 15 hotels in the Midtown-Broadway-Times Square area priced below $182 a night.

"Smart! And into all those exotic mystiques -- The Kama Sutra and Chinese techniques. I hear she knows more than seventy-five. Call me tomorrow if you're still alive!"

neocomposer Profile Photo
neocomposer
#29re: Cheapest places to stay in/near NYC?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 11:49pm

ah yes...i love inflation!

"That Sondheim kid has a big future."-Nathan Lane

DefyingEDCT Profile Photo
DefyingEDCT
#30re: Cheapest places to stay in/near NYC?
Posted: 12/22/05 at 11:50pm

GRAND UNION HOTEL, CHEAP AND CLOSE TO TIMES SQUARE

Kristie-K2 Profile Photo
Kristie-K2
#31re: Cheapest places to stay in/near NYC?
Posted: 12/23/05 at 12:05am

My boyfriend and I stayed at the Salisbury in March for 130 dollars a night two years ago. Very nice!

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#32re: Cheapest places to stay in/near NYC?
Posted: 12/23/05 at 12:11am

Big Apple Hostel. Right in the theater district. www.bigapplehostel.com

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

ghostlight
#33re: Cheapest places to stay in/near NYC?
Posted: 12/23/05 at 1:00am

Try Priceline. What I usually do is book a room directly with a hotel as a backup. That way you can cancel with no penalty fees. Then a week or so before going, start trying priceline. Just specify the neighborhood and star rating you're willing to accept. I've stayed at the Park Central, Sheraton and Comfort Inn midtown all via priceline and for $100 or less. Lowball your offer to start then gradually go up. Just allow enough time to rebid.

I've also found that you can get just as good deals directly with the hotel vs. Expedia or Orbitz or one of those. Just look for internet user rates. My inlaws are up there right now at the Milford Plaza for $120/night. And this is peak tourist time.

Videos