pixeltracker

I saw A Chorus Line last night and- Page 2

I saw A Chorus Line last night and

devonian.t Profile Photo
devonian.t
#25re: I saw A Chorus Line last night and
Posted: 1/27/07 at 9:22am

I wish they hadn't taken the museum approach either. Theatre is alive and spontaneous- those rehearsals must have been b-o-r-i-n-g!

There is not just one way to dance to that music. There are choreographers talented enough to face the challenge, (no one feels in awe of Agnes deMille any more).

Personally, I wish the West Side Story revival would take a fresh approach, too. When Al, SS and LB were creating the show originally, they wanted it to be new and dangerous.

D2 Profile Photo
D2
#26re: I saw A Chorus Line last night and
Posted: 1/27/07 at 10:10am

After the disastrous new approach to ON THE TOWN a few years back, I doubt any of the estates involved will allow any new choreography for WEST SIDE STORY.

Cheyenne Jackson tickled me. AFTER ordering SoMMS a drink but NOT tickling him, and hanging out with Girly in his dressing room (where he DIDN'T tickle her) but BEFORE we got married. To others. And then he tweeted Boobs. He also tweeted he's good friends with some chick on "The Voice" who just happens to be good friends with Tink's ex. And I'm still married. Oh, and this just in: "Pettiness, spite, malice ....Such ugly emotions... So sad." - After Eight, talking about MEEEEEEEE!!! I'm so honored! :-)

purpleprince101 Profile Photo
purpleprince101
#27re: I saw A Chorus Line last night and
Posted: 1/27/07 at 10:35am

I agree

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Patti LuPone FANatic
#28re: I saw A Chorus Line last night and
Posted: 1/27/07 at 7:22pm

Speaking of Tony Yazbek.......I did enjoy his voice when i sw him perform at the Curran Theatre in July 2006. With regards to the cast recording, his was the male voice that I preferred above the others. As a side note, I was looking at the ACL from SF. I managed to get autographs from Tyler Hanes, Natalie Cortez, Jessica Lee Goldyn and Chryssie Whitehead. I wish I had had the nerve to ask Tony Yazbek for his autograph too, but he was with his parents (at least I thought they were his parents.)
A few weeks ago, I sent T.Y. a fan leter with a self-addressed stamped postcard, hoping he'd return it. Although it would have been nice to have received his autograph in the mail... I guess my letter must have gotten "lost in the mail" or something.. Oh well. I hope to see ACL when I go to NYC from May 29- June 1st. Later.. from roman in Austin, Texas

"Noel [Coward] and I were in Paris once. Adjoining rooms, of course. One night, I felt mischievous, so I knocked on Noel's door, and he asked, 'Who is it?' I lowered my voice and said 'Hotel detective. Have you got a gentleman in your room?' He answered, 'Just a minute, I'll ask him.'" (Beatrice Lillie)

#29re: I saw A Chorus Line last night and
Posted: 1/27/07 at 9:12pm

I didn't realize Ken Alan was in it--on the Fosse DVD he comes off as a really strong dancer but also someone who tries to standout from the chorus--not really a good trait. But I know the Fosse company was seen to be in a bit of a tattered state by then...

E

Videos