News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for Patti LuPone FANatic

Patti LuPone FANatic Profile Photo
Member Name: Patti LuPone FANatic
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: My name is Roman. I'm 61 years of age, born on November 11, 1961 and a native born Texan. I first saw Miss Patti in concert at the Paramount Theatre (Austin) in 1996. I finally got to meet her in person at the same theatre in November 2000. I've met her also in Dallas (2001), San Francisco(July 2001: spoke with her briefly as she left in her limousine).. met her backstage in Houston, Texas (November 2003), saw her perform in "Regina" in March 2005 in D.C. and last saw her in her dressing room at the Eugene O'Neill Theatre (March 2006) following her performance in "Sweeny." Most recently, I traveled to NYC in May 2007 to see "Avenue Q", "Drowsy Chaperone", "A Chorus Line" and saw the fabulous Angela Lansbury in "Deuce." Both Angela and Marian Seldes were delightful at the stage door. Most recently, I had the wonderful chance to see Miss Patti backstage in Dallas (on January 22, 2008) when she performed her "Coulda, Woulda, Shoulda" show on the SMU campus. She was a "doll." Next stop, NYC.. and "Gypsy" on June 10, 2008. I most recently saw Miss Patti in San Antonio, Texas after her "An Evening With Patti LuPone and Mandy Patinkin". She is coming to Austin in March 2010. I have my tickets.
During my last trip to NYC in June 2010, I saw: "La Cage Aux Folles, "Addams Family" and "Dietrich and Chevalier." In March 2011, I saw "Lombardi", "Priscilla Queen of the Desert", "Wicked" and "Chicago." I can safely say that "Chicago" is now my FAVORITE musical. I just saw Terra McLeod (Velma) and Tracy Shayne (Roxie) in the national tour of "Chicago" in Fort Worth, TX (6 18 2011). Then, I saw "Chicago" once more the following weekend in Houston. Now, "Chicago" is my favorite musical. I saw: "Chicago" on June 8, 2013; "The Nance" on Sat. June 9th and also "Pippin." Finally, I saw "Vanya, Sonia, Masha and Spike" on Sun. June 10, 2013. I LOVED Pippin. It was so magical!

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  May 6 2024, 02:02:24 PM

Wow, she must have left a really good impression on the show's producers!  For those who saw her, how was she?

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  May 3 2024, 09:23:28 PM

Rachel Chase returns to Chicago on May 20th.  

Playbill.com: Jayne Houdyshell Walks Down Memory Lane  May 2 2024, 10:07:21 PM

https://youtu.be/8cOz-weT0P0?si=XJzvlZ_6Zl1nj2bh

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Apr 29 2024, 09:22:41 PM

Max Clayton's last day with the show is June 8th.  He will play Billy Flynn on Sat. May 11th at 8 pm. 

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Apr 29 2024, 06:23:10 AM

The role of Aaron, normally played by Denny Paschall, will be in the hands of Eddie Bennett (May 3 - June 23).  

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Apr 29 2024, 05:58:55 AM

Celia Nightengale returned recently from maternity leave.  Rachel Chase is set to return as well sometime in May.  Speaking of Billy Flynn, Max Von Essen's turn as Billy Flynn finishes in July.  I would love to see Nick Adams have a chance as the slick lawyer.  Another veteran Billy Flynn who is amazing is Jason Danieley.  

Has Anyone Read “ Murder at the Adelphi: A rehearsal diary of the original London production of the musical ‘Sunset Boulevard’”?  Apr 25 2024, 10:10:54 PM

I was hoping for more Patti than there was.  In the book, Pete Gale discusses how the ensemble members were upset that they lost out on $$$ because the leading lady wouldn't approve a money offer for a Sunset documentary.   Gale also recounts how there was ill will about how the principals were asking for a huge amount regarding a cast recording.  He wasn't clear about how much money the ensemble would up getting.  It probably wasn't much.  The higher

Has Anyone Read “ Murder at the Adelphi: A rehearsal diary of the original London production of the musical ‘Sunset Boulevard’”?  Apr 22 2024, 06:25:55 PM

Jordan Catalano said: "I just discovered that this book about the making of the OLC “Sunset Boulevard” with Patti existed and was curious if anyone had read it -

Amazon Listing
"   I just ordered it.  Thanks for letting us know.  PLF

It’s Patti’s 75th Birthday!  Apr 21 2024, 09:00:31 PM

tTop: Left to right:  NYC 2006, Houston 2003, Dallas/Highland Park 2008.  Bottom: L-R: San Antonio 2009 and Austin November 2000.  Happy Birthday to a talented lady Patti LuPone!

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 4/14/24  Apr 16 2024, 04:42:18 PM

I miss the days when "Chicago" could find effective celebrity Velmas.  Does anyone come to mind as a possible Velma?

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Apr 15 2024, 10:24:09 PM

Rachel Chase is set to return to "Chicago" sometime in May.  Also, Jessica Ernest (Go to Hell Kitty and Roxie Hart understudy) announced on Instagram that she is a mommy to be...sometime in October 2024.  

TAMMY FAYE will transfer to Broadway in 2024-2025 Season  Apr 15 2024, 05:31:52 AM

Tammy Faye may or may not have been complicit in the financial dealings of Jim Bakker.  She did have a side of her that was praiseworthy.  At a time when most evangelicals in the 80s were openly condemning of the gay community during the AIDS crisis, Tammy Faye supported victims of the plague.  https://www.intomore.com/entertainment/film/exclusive-clip-tammy-faye-bakker-queer-ally/

Operation Mincemeat heading to Broadway  Apr 14 2024, 10:55:46 PM

I saw it (forget if it was on Amazon Prime or Netflix).  Seriously?

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Mar 28 2024, 07:53:39 PM

Bianca Marroquin is back at the Ambassador Theatre beginning April 8th....as Roxie!!  Bianca and Robyn!   What a dynamic duo!!  

Patti LuPone Touring in Australia  Mar 24 2024, 03:21:38 PM

June 19: Adelaide

June 21/22: Sydney

June 24 / 25 Melbourne

June 27 Brisbane

How cool is that!

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Mar 17 2024, 04:40:56 PM

It's my 13th anniversary with Chicago.  I first saw the show on March 17, 2011.  Ryan Lowe, Leigh Zimmerman and Jason Patrick Sands.  

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Mar 13 2024, 10:44:09 PM

Hayley Swindal is joining the cast of Chicago later this month for a short stint as Matron Mama Morton.

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Mar 8 2024, 01:59:31 PM

bwayphreak234 said: "Robyn Hurder as Velma!Tuesday, March 26 through Sunday, June 16.

https://www.broadwayworld.com/article/Robyn-Hurder-to-Return-to-CHICAGO-as-Velma-This-Month-20240308
"

Oh my goodness, I may have to make an early return to NYC to see Robyn as Velma!   If I can make it, I would also love to see Natascia Diaz in Cabaret.  

Linda Balgord has passed away.  Mar 6 2024, 09:53:53 PM

https://youtu.be/cuSFwAWAWKQ?si=dJ7WmWqr0t0EcnlW  Broadway.com interview with Linda Balgord.

Chicago The Musical Appreciation Thread  Feb 24 2024, 07:40:15 AM

Robbie2 said: "Patti LuPone FANatic said: "I was surprised that Bianca Marroquin did not make a return as Velma Kelly."

Bianca and AFW retire already ladies from Chicago, enough! AFW is old to be playing Velma still!

Ariana is bringing in the crowds so happy for her as she has the right star quality from DWTS and VPR and her fans are supporting her! Over $1m for this show this week -WOW!!!
"   Wow, I hope that is not true ab

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You