pixeltracker

Why did DREAMGIRLS close?- Page 2

Why did DREAMGIRLS close?

#25re: Why did DREAMGIRLS close?
Posted: 3/4/07 at 9:18pm

I saw Julia McGirt too - several times- and yes she was amazing as Effie. I will also agree that Arnetia was a terrific Lorell.

MargoChanning
#26re: Why did DREAMGIRLS close?
Posted: 3/4/07 at 9:33pm

Yes, Arnetia was a wonderful a Lorrell -- very sassy and oozing sex appeal. Her sister Fuchsia was also a first rate Effie.

"What a story........ everything but the bloodhounds snappin' at her rear end." -- Birdie [http://margochanning.broadwayworld.com/] "The Devil Be Hittin' Me" -- Whitney

jewishboy Profile Photo
jewishboy
#27re: Why did DREAMGIRLS close?
Posted: 3/4/07 at 11:42pm

Margo, if you don't mind me asking, who were your favorite Effies and where did you find criticism with Jennifer Hudson's performance. Was it during "And I'm Telling You..." or in other parts of the movie. Thanks!

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#28re: Why did DREAMGIRLS close?
Posted: 3/5/07 at 10:41am

I have to say after watching most of the Effie performances i have to say Hudson would rate amongst the best.
A lot of the ladies played this so OTT(and not OTT in the right way) they all just seemed to be trying to out do Holiday.

The emotion Hudson gave in Im Telling You was jaw dropping and real and i think she could easily translate that to the stage.

The running costs for Dreamgirls also Were not as high as you would think.

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

WalkOn
#29re: Why did DREAMGIRLS close?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 3:55pm

I saw Holiday and White in Los Angeles.

Holiday is force of nature that no "acting" can match - LIke Merman in GYPSY.

But White have a "entire" performance: acting, singing, etc.

Nothing will erase my memory of Holiday, but others have held their own very well.

Walk on, walk on, with hope in your heart; and you'll never walk alone.

Sandy in Sable Profile Photo
Sandy in Sable
#30re: Why did DREAMGIRLS close?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 5:06pm

If you do your "research" you can find a clip of Julia McGirt Nixon singing with her band (Julia & Company).

#31Why did DREAMGIRLS close?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 5:10pm

Anyone have pictures of the set? It sounds cool. I like set designs. I should design Dreamgirls.

wickedfan Profile Photo
wickedfan
#32Why did DREAMGIRLS close?
Posted: 3/6/07 at 5:54pm

There's a Dreamgirls website with hundreds of pictures from the show: the Broadway production, First National Tour, Revival, Berlin, Concert, and I think perhaps some of the show in LA (but I'm not sure).

"Sing the words, Patti!!!!" Stephen Sondheim to Patti LuPone.

Videos