News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for MargoChanning

MargoChanning Profile Photo
Member Name: MargoChanning
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

re: WNYC FM-93.9 to air interview with AUGUST: OSAGE's Amy Morton and Deanna Dunagan 1pm-2pm  Jan 25 2008, 01:09:35 PM
It's on now.
WNYC FM-93.9 to air interview with AUGUST: OSAGE's Amy Morton and Deanna Dunagan 1pm-2pm  Jan 25 2008, 01:02:45 PM
Should be interesting
re: COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA Reviews  Jan 24 2008, 10:14:16 PM
Theatremania is Very Positive for Merkerson:

"S. Epatha Merkerson takes the stage as Lola Delaney in Michael Pressman's modestly affecting revival of William Inge's Come Back, Little Sheba, now at Manhattan Theatre Club's Biltmore Theatre, with three strikes already against her -- at least for those audiences familiar with this 1950 drama.
First -- and to some foremost -- she is an African-American woman playing a role clearly meant for a white performer. Inge did not write a drama

re: COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA Reviews  Jan 24 2008, 10:05:23 PM
Talkin Broadway is Mostly Positive:

"Dreams don’t dissolve into memories in Manhattan Theatre Club’s revival of Come Back, Little Sheba - they all but drown in sunshine. The inexplicable fondness with which this production looks back on the dusty past, curiously, the perfect reflection of its delusional characters who can’t help but spend their days doing exactly the same thing.

In this way, Michael Pressman’s new production of William Inge’s 1950 domestic tragedy is as id

re: COME BACK, LITTLE SHEBA Reviews  Jan 24 2008, 07:31:41 PM
The AP is Positive:

"The scent of symbolism hangs heavily over "Come Back, Little Sheba," William Inge's early 1950s drama of domestic discord now getting its first-ever Broadway revival.

The play, nearly 60 years old, flirts with soap opera and the most obvious of imagery in the telling of its sad but surprisingly resilient tale.

But if done right - and it is here in a fine production from Manhattan Theatre Club - "Sheba" delivers a heartbreaking portrait of a marriag

re: More Tony Eligibility News - Morton, Dunagan Lead, Perez Featured  Jan 22 2008, 03:57:57 PM
Actually, on second thought, since it's autobiographical, the Tonys may classify A BRONX TALE as a Unique Theatrical Event
re: More Tony Eligibility News - Morton, Dunagan Lead, Perez Featured  Jan 22 2008, 03:47:18 PM
Best and McShane will both be considered Lead.

FYI -- when Dunagan and Morton went up head-to-head against each other for Lead Actress at the Jeff Awards in Chicago, Dunagan won.

Since it was already a film and well known nationally, I assume A BRONX TALE will be a Revival under the Tony "classics" rule.

re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/6/2008  Jan 7 2008, 10:52:13 PM
If a producer closes a show with less than a week's notice, then I believe he has to pay an extra week's salary to the cast as a penalty.
re: Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 1/6/2008  Jan 7 2008, 10:20:56 PM
Regardless of contracts, under Equity rules, a producer can close any show with one week's notice. And once a show closes, no actor (or musician or any one else) continues to get paid regardless of how long his contract was (his contract is void as of closing).

re: Rondi Reed's Tony Chances (and other August: Osage County questions)  Jan 7 2008, 06:40:03 PM
My vote would go to Dunagan.

Hopefully Reed will be remembered for Featured.

re: 'Cat On A Hot Tin Roof' Revival...(Not a big deal?)  Jan 7 2008, 06:38:51 PM
ALL MY SONS got a first rate revival 10 years ago by Roundabout at the Pels, starring John Cullum, Michael Hayden and Keira Naughton.
re: FAVORITE MUSICAL WITH A PULITZER  Jan 6 2008, 09:36:28 PM
ACL, followed closely by SITPWG.
re: Best staging of a musical number?  Jan 6 2008, 09:32:36 PM
A few off the top of my head:

Agnes deMille -- Dream Ballet (Oklahoma)
Jerome Robbins -- Prologue (West Side Story)
Jerome Robbins -- America (West Side Story)
Jerome Robbins -- The Rumble (West Side Story)
Jerome Robbins -- Tradition (Fiddler)
Jerome Robbins -- To Life (Fiddler)
George Faison -- The Tornado (The Wiz)
Michael Bennett -- Turkey Lurkey Time (Promises Promises)
Michael Bennett -- Who's That Woman (Follies)
Michael Bennett -- I Hope I Get

re: Bloody Mary is the  Jan 6 2008, 08:08:36 PM
Whoa! Why the hell am I being attacked? I said she "APPARENTLY" was a star in her naive Hawaii and that's EXACTLY what Playbill implied:

"Acclaimed Hawaiian actress and chanteuse Loretta Ables Sayre will transport New York audiences to "Bali H'ai" this spring as Bloody Mary in the Lincoln Center Theater production of South Pacific......

Sayre is a prominent Hawaiian entertainer, who has performed at the Halekulani and Kahala Mandarin Oriental hotels, as well as in You

re: Need Help finding a song from 1980's  Jan 6 2008, 05:16:08 PM
Maybe "Old-fashioned Lesbian Love Story" from Lippa's WILD PARTY?
re: Thoughts on The Seafarer- spoiler free  Jan 5 2008, 03:49:42 PM
I was pretty much riveted beginning to end and didn't find the beginning slow at all -- the writing had entirely too much richness, depth, character development and humor for me to be bored for one second. Easily one of my favorite theatrical experiences of the the year, by far. I also had zero problem hearing or understanding anyone.

re: Play Recommendations for a B'WAY novice  Jan 4 2008, 09:44:05 PM
Under no circumstances, miss AUGUST: OSAGE COUNTY. It's easily one of the most entertaining, exciting and flat-out superb American plays to come along in a decade.
re: Tough Show Decision... :(  Jan 4 2008, 09:04:45 PM
This particular production of SUNDAY is brilliant -- in my opinion even better than the classic original production. This GYPSY is terrific too, but I would personally choose SUNDAY over it, given that you'll very likely get to see another first rate production of GYPSY sometime in the next decade or so. GYPSY continues to be one of the most consistently revived shows in the musical theatre canon (the LuPone version will be the 5th time the show has been on Broadway in the past 50 years, plus
re: CYRANO taped for PBS Great Performances, 1/02/08  Jan 3 2008, 12:28:04 PM
And doesn't the contract for Great Performances only allow for a very limited of broadcasts (2-3?) and no DVD sale? I know that's been the case in the past, so everyone just make sure that their DVR/Tivo/VHS/DVD recorder is properly set.
re: 'Sunday In The Park With George' Promotional Code?  Jan 1 2008, 09:33:10 PM
http://www.broadwaybox.com/shows/sunday_in_the_park_with_george_nyc_tickets.aspx
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You