pixeltracker

Time out New York Dirty Theater Secrets- Page 2

Time out New York Dirty Theater Secrets

Fenchurch
#25re: Time out New York Dirty Theater Secrets
Posted: 4/5/07 at 10:34pm

If there was minimal to no departure from Sondheim's piano scores, then most of the Sondheim shows would be with piano and maybe one other instrument.

That sentence doesn't make sense.

"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." -Keen on Kean
"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." - muscle23ftl

Weez Profile Photo
Weez
#26re: Time out New York Dirty Theater Secrets
Posted: 4/6/07 at 12:03pm

There's no such thing as bad publicity, sure, but there's bad press.

jewelchk
#27re: Time out New York Dirty Theater Secrets
Posted: 4/26/07 at 12:14pm

If you've looked at the letters to the editor in the issues that have come out since the theater one, theater industry people are coming out to defend some of those mentioned in the claims! For example, Audra McDonald's track record was defended by a lead producer of Raisen in the Sun, Sondheim's scores have been defended, and chorus girls are up in arms about being called pretty from afar-- but the best response had to have come this week from John Tracey Egan (the Producers). Not only did he defend his chorus girls, he even provided some mildly risque photographic proof that they are pretty up close, too.

"I thought that that was just going to be a like one shot deal for me, you know, but they kept talking about it like, 'when we do the production, when we do the production', and I was like, 'yes, yes, when you do the production, cool, I will come and see it'". - John Gallagher Jr. on SA

Fenchurch
#28re: Time out New York Dirty Theater Secrets
Posted: 4/26/07 at 12:41pm

Has anyone defended the orchestrators? Who do as much if not more creative work than some of these so-called composers, who should be more aptly named songwriters?

"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." -Keen on Kean
"Fenchurch is correct, as usual." - muscle23ftl

sidjones09 Profile Photo
sidjones09
#29re: Time out New York Dirty Theater Secrets
Posted: 4/26/07 at 1:06pm

He actually does tell it like it is for the most part. Of course there are ALWAYS some exceptions. But I would say that everything he said is pretty true. Sometimes it's just hard to hear it.

"If you've got something to say, say it, and think well of yourself while you're learning to say it better." - David Mamet

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
mejusthavingfun
#30re: Time out New York Dirty Theater Secrets
Posted: 4/26/07 at 1:09pm

yikes... i thought this thread exposed my dating habits at the e-walk.

Videos