News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for mejusthavingfun

mejusthavingfun Profile Photo
Member Name: mejusthavingfun
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

FROZEN to Officially Hit Broadway  Aug 19 2017, 11:35:18 AM

re: Bombay Dreams' A.R. Rahman Wins 2 Academy Awards.  Feb 23 2009, 02:27:49 PM

re: Why are you voting for...  Oct 9 2008, 10:21:46 AM
"^^^ Such views are why Gore and Kerry didn't win and why Obama isn't a lock. Saying to someone "you're a dumbass, vote for me(or the candidate I support)," does not a good campaign strategy make. "

Uh hardly. Do you understand what the other side thinks of our side? The same thing. The big difference is tact. Republicans use smart wedge issues to build the base. Democrats have to adhere to multiple views on issues and support unpopular but just decisions. We are wimps at defendin

re: SPIDER-MAN budget reaches 40 million!  Oct 8 2008, 12:49:00 PM
Julie Taymor has certainly dealt with limited budgets. If this is true the producers are to blame.
Sarah Palin is a liar and a idiot,just like her followers  Oct 8 2008, 12:45:26 PM
"hindsight is always 20/20. "

Yes, and it's always easy to say that when you need an excuse for failure. The President of the United states doesn't have time for failure. I got news for you, the failings on in 9/11 were vast. George Bush could have done something, he did nothing.

"Would a Presidential warning have changed things? Maybe, but remember, people ALREADY hated the guy and thought he was a dumbass."

Are you kidding me? George Bush had the power last

re: New Poll: Obama Widens Lead & Majority of Americans Believe McCain Just  Oct 7 2008, 03:41:02 PM
"My Aunt Edie is getting "Sarah Palin Hates Jews"--not Obama ones."

Well the difference is that Obama is not affiliated with Jew-hating groups like Jews for Jesus. Palin however has Lieberman on her side.

Legally Brown: The Search For The Next Piragua Guy  Sep 4 2008, 02:42:38 PM

re: Michael Longoria in Jersey Boys  Aug 15 2008, 01:10:59 PM
Longoria used to sell merchandise at Aida.
re: USA Today Reveals First Picture of d'Arcy James in SHREK  Aug 12 2008, 12:50:58 PM
Hey and if you're talking about green on Bway don't forget YF's Monster he's green too.
re: USA Today Reveals First Picture of d'Arcy James in SHREK  Aug 12 2008, 12:45:32 PM
Yikes, I was seriously looking forward to some Taymor inspired wit with the character. This IS all theme park. So much for taking the source material in a new creative direction.

That complete with really LOUSY songs this show is gonna be quite a drag.

re: Fergie Joins Cast of Nine Film...  Jul 18 2008, 02:55:44 PM
I never really liked her "act." That said, she certainly has the chops. What a cast of beauties. I personally don't see a problem with her acting. It's not like Niki Blonski or Jennifer Hudson studied years of acting or were prepared for those roles. I think the singing is a bigger problem but that can always be "fixed" in the booth. (see Sweeney or a Little Night Music).
re: WEST SIDE STORY Revival will have an Orchestra of 30 players...  Jul 16 2008, 02:45:52 PM
"unprecedented element of selectively weaving Spanish throughout both the book and songs."

I think they mean the liberties they will have to take with this show. There are quite a few examples of plays/musicals that incorporate a "flavor" of language. I don't think it's necessary to even bother cramming Spanglish into this show to make it "better."

The thing I've always felt was missing was any authenticity. The cringe-worthy stereotypes of Puerto Ricans in the show are

re: WEST SIDE STORY Revival will have an Orchestra of 30 players...  Jul 16 2008, 02:20:46 PM

re: Will Stephen Schwartz ever win a Tony?  Jul 10 2008, 10:31:57 AM
Oscar beats all and so do residuals. This man has evergreen properties that will live well beyond most and that speaks volumes. They love him, they really love him.
keep up the great debates  Apr 17 2008, 02:04:21 PM

keep up the great debates  Apr 17 2008, 12:17:38 PM

re: return of the un-patriotic flag pin  Apr 16 2008, 09:55:17 AM
The whole thing looked staged to me and I'm a supporter.
re: In The Heights 3/25 review (possible spoilers)  Mar 26 2008, 04:02:08 PM
"maybe I would have enjoyed it more if I was hispanic."

Nice touch.

re: THE LITTLE MERMAID Reviews  Jan 11 2008, 10:13:16 AM

GOP='s Gay Lovin' Gay Haters!  Nov 26 2007, 07:06:42 PM
I heard he is leaving now so he can be lobbyist. The democrats have changed the rules and soon it will require a 2 year waiting period to become one after such political service.
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You