pixeltracker

Legally Blonde grosses since the MTV telecast- Page 2

Legally Blonde grosses since the MTV telecast

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#25re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 1:37pm

....but 1/4 of the theater was empty last week. not as good.

it's not how much money a show is making that determines it's success. If that was true, Spelling Bee would have closed during previews. The amount of money is all relative to the size of the house.

Actually, you're both wrong and sort of right. If you really want to compare each show to the here and now, look no further than the average ticket price. That will give you an idea of which shows are more successful in regards to current ticket sales. A show could be at 90% but heavily discounted, which could increase its attendance, but not necessarily its weekly gross. Another show could be at 75% capacity, but have few to no discounts, which could result higher weekly grosses than comparable shows running at 90% capacity. Then there are the issues of theatre capacity and weekly running costs. Xanadu can have a relatively high attendance, but will never reach high grosses simply due to the theatre's capacity. But it can still make a profit and be defined a "hit" simply because the running costs are considerably lower than that of something like Legally Blonde. Shows with higher capacities can usually take a slight hit in average ticket price if their running costs are not astronomical. The problem is, once you start discounting, you have to be either very confident or very committed. Should you stop, audiences may turn their backs on your show knowing it used to be available for considerably less.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian
Updated On: 10/30/07 at 01:37 PM

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#26re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 2:16pm

Did Legally Blonde set up their options somehow to only allow the musical on mtv be saved on DVRs for a certain amount of time so that people can't watch it over and over and will go see it live?
Because maybe it was just something I did in my settings on accident, but I just noticed that Legally Blonde has disappeared from my saved list on my DVR. I did not erase it. Luckily it's running again on saturday so I can rerecord it,but I'm so confused how it just disappeared from my saving, the memory is not full or anything.

Mister Matt Profile Photo
Mister Matt
#27re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 2:19pm

alex2155 - That's what good old-fashioned VCRs are for. It's the last bit of relevancy they have left.

"What can you expect from a bunch of seitan worshippers?" - Reginald Tresilian

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#28re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 2:22pm

... I thought that was what the internet was for.

maya5892 Profile Photo
maya5892
#29re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 6:24pm

the same thing happened to me, but I already put it on dvd

wicked91 Profile Photo
wicked91
#30re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 7:20pm

I really hope it helps boost the sales too. I talked to a lot of people at my school, some who have never been to a musical before, and they all wanted to go see it live. The only common problem seemed to be that they can't get over to NY. They need a tour!!

threatXthree
#31re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 7:42pm

I'm pretty sure when the "holiday season" (aka Thanksgivings Day through the New Year) begins LB's ticket sales will begin to surge. But then again MOST shows' ticket sales will surge.

alex2155 Profile Photo
alex2155
#32re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 9:32pm

Maybe I'll figure out how to put it onto DVD soon after this saturdays airing then so if it's erased again it won't matter.

stockmanjr
#33re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/31/07 at 2:35am

I only saw it up on papering for Wednesday mat and evening.

Videos