pixeltracker

Legally Blonde grosses since the MTV telecast

Legally Blonde grosses since the MTV telecast

Ftworthguy Profile Photo
Ftworthguy
#1Legally Blonde grosses since the MTV telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 6:09pm

I noticed that they went up about 10% (or so) since it was broadcast. Does anyone know what was expected? Is that enough to keep it open.

Just curious.

Updated On: 10/30/07 at 06:09 PM

LizzieCurry Profile Photo
LizzieCurry
#2re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 6:10pm

http://www.fred.net/kathy/its.html

"This thread reads like a series of White House memos." — Mister Matt
Updated On: 10/29/07 at 06:10 PM

wicked91 Profile Photo
wicked91
#2re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 7:16pm

Well looking at this weeks grosses, its pulling in just about as much as HAIRSPRAY and GREASE. SO thats good re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast

lawyerman Profile Photo
lawyerman
#3re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 8:14pm

....but 1/4 of the theater was empty last week. not as good.

not that i think legally blonde is going anywhere. but comparing 75% attendance to 90%+ attendance doesnt make much sense.

ruprecht Profile Photo
ruprecht
#4re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 8:33pm

LB's grosses are down slightly from last week. I don't know when the big surge in ticket sales due to the MTV airing is going to happen but it hasn't yet.

jv92 Profile Photo
jv92
#5re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 8:35pm

And hopefully it won't as the mediocre piece of claptrap has run long enough.

BrianIdol Profile Photo
BrianIdol
#6re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 8:46pm

just to point this out again - it's not how much money a show is making that determines it's success. If that was true, Spelling Bee would have closed during previews. The amount of money is all relative to the size of the house.

Becoz_i_knew_you21 Profile Photo
Becoz_i_knew_you21
#7re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 9:02pm

"Well looking at this weeks grosses, its pulling in just about as much as HAIRSPRAY and GREASE. SO thats good"

A.k.a its in with the fluffy, commerical stuff on Braodway.

BobbyBubby Profile Photo
BobbyBubby
#8re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 9:18pm

Why would someone pay 111.00 for something they've already seen in its full glory on TV?

DRSisLove Profile Photo
DRSisLove
#9re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 9:28pm

LB put out a discount code for people who saw the MTV Broadcast that begins on January 5th (I think).

We'll most likely see a huge surge of people then.

B3TA07 Profile Photo
B3TA07
#10re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 9:30pm

"Why would someone pay 111.00 for something they've already seen in its full glory on TV?"

Because they would want to see it live and have as much fun watching it as all the pink people did. Either mend your disdain or choke on something please.

-Benjamin
--http://www.benjaminadgate.com/

BrianS Profile Photo
BrianS
#11re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 11:04pm

Seriously. Not everything on Broadway has to be Sondheim. I enjoyed LB more than I thought I would though I've heard Xanadu is more fun in terms of the "fluffy, commercial stuff."

If the audience could do better, they'd be up here on stage and I'd be out there watching them. - Ethel Merman

ScottyDoesn'tKnow Profile Photo
ScottyDoesn'tKnow
#12re: Legally Blonde grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 11:09pm

Nobody said everything on Broadway has to be Sondheim. Maybe there are some out there that just didn't enjoy Legally Blonde. I found the quality of Legally Blonde to be very lackluster and not what I expected from Broadway professionals.

"[Gore] was widely perceived as arrogant. If you know something, you're not smart. You're a smarty-pants. It's annoying. People get annoyed with your knowledge. It goes back to high school, to not doing your homework ... 'There's something I should know, I don't know why I should know it but someone knows it and I don't. So I'm going to have to make fun of him now.'" -Sarah Vowell, The Partly-Cloudy Patriot
Updated On: 10/29/07 at 11:09 PM

Wanna Be A Foster Profile Photo
Wanna Be A Foster
#13re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 11:17pm

"Legally Blone"

Is that like when a judge does it in his chambers?

"Winning a Tony this year is like winning Best Attendance in third grade: no one will care but the winner and their mom."
-Kad

"I have also met him in person, and I find him to be quite funny actually. Arrogant and often misinformed, but still funny."
-bjh2114 (on Michael Riedel)

allofmylife Profile Photo
allofmylife
#14re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/29/07 at 11:40pm

It's more fun and in many other ways better than a great deal of the crap that some people here have worshiped. I enjoyed almost all of it and certainly laughed a great deal. LBB has talent to spare and Orfeh is a hoot and a great singer and damn it, Nikki Snelson (right?) is wonderful and Kate Shindel is hilarious when she starts to dance AND WHAT A VOICE.

As for audience numbers, look at the size of the house. Most shows would have trouble filling that number every week, week-in-week-out.

I hope it runs for a while longer as I want to get back and see it again...

http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=972787#3631451 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=963561#3533883 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955158#3440952 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954269#3427915 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=955012#3441622 http://www.broadwayworld.com/board/readmessage.cfm?thread=954344#3428699

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#15re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 8:03am

We are not going to see an immediate jump in Box Office for the show.People were not going to watch it on MTV and go "oh lets book to see that show next week", this was done so the name Legally Blonde the Musical was out there so when people do go to NY to watch a show they will be more likely to book a show they have heard about or watched months ago on TV

This was a way of keeping grosses steady, and it is

The show is still making a lot of money each week and thats what keeps shows open

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

paphillyguy
#16re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 9:56am

JV92,

Glad to see you are consistent in wishing that People lose their jobs.

Borstalboy Profile Photo
Borstalboy
#17re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:03am

Unemployment: Its what actors come from and what, inevitably, they return to.

"Impossible is just a big word thrown around by small men who find it easier to live in the world they've been given than to explore the power they have to change it. Impossible is not a fact. It's an opinion. Impossible is not a declaration. It's a dare. Impossible is potential. Impossible is temporary. Impossible is nothing.” ~ Muhammad Ali

Phyllis Rogers Stone
#18re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:11am

I think all shows should run forever, even after all the actors die.

songanddanceman2 Profile Photo
songanddanceman2
#19re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 10:57am

why are people even talking about this show closing ??? it's doing really well it aint going anyway

Namo i love u but we get it already....you don't like Madonna

CurtainPullDowner Profile Photo
CurtainPullDowner
#20re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 12:01pm

The Box Office says the advance has shown significant growth.
They will clean up during the Holidays and the numbers are steady right now.

Esparzafan Profile Photo
Esparzafan
#21re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 1:17pm

It showed up on papering for this week...that's surprising. Hasn't done that since previews.

CurtainPullDowner
#22re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 1:23pm

A lot of shows are papering Wed, Halloween is a typical slow day. I was offered free tkts to WICKED that day.
It's a good day to stand in front of a theatre and maybe get as freebee.

WaltSummersPI Profile Photo
WaltSummersPI
#23re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 1:24pm

CPD, you're missing the comment that LB is papering the WEEK, not just Wednesday night.

CurtainPullDowner
#24re: Legally Blone grosses since it's telecast
Posted: 10/30/07 at 1:26pm

Oh OK.

Videos