pixeltracker

A Tale of Two Cities Reviews (A Few Spoilers)- Page 2

A Tale of Two Cities Reviews (A Few Spoilers)

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#25re: My thoughts on A Tale of Two Cities (Spoilers)
Posted: 11/7/07 at 3:40am

Nope, no applause. I think it took them by surprise. It certainly surprised me because it's not something you generally see in a Broadway-type show. I just found it to be a bit overly theatrical and not overly necessary.

And yeah..it was the scrim. I was second row center and I had my contacts in *w*

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#26re: My thoughts on A Tale of Two Cities (Spoilers)
Posted: 11/7/07 at 11:32am

From what I was told the show is not completely frozen. I got the impression that rewrites are still happening but I'm not sure if they are being implemented there or in the processes of getting it to broadway.

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
son_of_a_gunn_25
#27re: My thoughts on A Tale of Two Cities (Spoilers)
Posted: 11/11/07 at 10:45pm

Umgeoboy, I think this article explains what I was trying to say. (And I always love articles that bring up how much work and sacrifice the producers have made to get the show this far.)
Tweaking "Tale" for Broadway

My avatar is a reminder to myself. I need lots of reminders...

umgeoboy Profile Photo
umgeoboy
#28re: My thoughts on A Tale of Two Cities (Spoilers)
Posted: 11/12/07 at 3:12pm

Very cool yeah that was the impression I got was that most of the changes are going to take place between now and broadway. But there are script changes that are going to take place.

"Judy Garland, Jimmy Dean, You tragedy Queen" ~ Taboo

"Watching a frat boy realize just what he put his d!ck in...ex's getting std's...schadenfruede" ~ Ave Q

"when dangers near, exploit their fear" ~ Reefer Madness the Musical

son_of_a_gunn_25
#29re: My thoughts on A Tale of Two Cities (Spoilers)
Posted: 11/14/07 at 12:34am

Oh I knew that, I think we were basically on the same page, but just misunderstood each other. BTW ManInChair went to see the show tonight and I am eagerly awaiting his review.

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#30re: My thoughts on A Tale of Two Cities (Spoilers)
Posted: 11/14/07 at 12:44am

I am waiting for his review as well

"All our dreams can come true -- if we have the courage to pursue them." -- Walt Disney We must have different Gods. My God said "do to others what you would have them do to you". Your God seems to have said "My Way or the Highway".

son_of_a_gunn_25
#31re: My thoughts on A Tale of Two Cities (Spoilers)
Posted: 11/14/07 at 5:25pm

Eric updated his blog, but it isn't a review. He has said a few things about the show though.

"I’ve just returned from an overnight trip to Sarasota to see Jill Santoriello’s pre-Broadway musical, A Tale of Two Cities at the Asolo Theatre. I will publish a giant post as soon as I can about the show (which was fantastic) and my warm welcome by the producers, Ms. Santoriello, and several of the cast members. Suffice it to say for now, it was among my top theatrical experiences." http://www.maninchair.com/

Exciting!

Eris0303 Profile Photo
Eris0303
#32re: My thoughts on A Tale of Two Cities (Spoilers)
Posted: 11/14/07 at 7:03pm

Yay! I can't wait to read his full review!!

maninchair.com Profile Photo
maninchair.com
#33re: My thoughts on A Tale of Two Cities (Spoilers)
Posted: 11/15/07 at 2:10pm

Hey all. The show was fantastic!!

Smart, beautiful, moving, exciting. Three hours flew by in no time.

My review is here:
'Tis a Far, Far Better Show I've Seen...

Eric M. Cole
www.maninchair.com

son_of_a_gunn_25
#34Tale of Two Cities Reviews
Posted: 11/15/07 at 10:22pm

Thanks mic. Again I'm really glad you enjoyed the show!

Updated On: 11/15/07 at 10:22 PM

Videos