News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for son_of_a_gunn_25

son_of_a_gunn_25 Profile Photo
Member Name: son_of_a_gunn_25
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.
Profile: Occasionally, I like to come back and visit BWW and share my inane ramblings. Thankfully for you, that isn't very often these days.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Violet Previews  Apr 6 2014, 12:48:12 PM
Saw the third preview of this. I was dramaturg/asst. director for a really lovely production of this show about five years ago so that colors my opinion.

Thought the sound issues were much better based on what others were saying. Is there going to be a cast recording of this one? Everyone sounded wonderful. It's still really early in previews, but I had a hard time staying engaged with the show for the first two thirds. For me, the line delivery was too fast and I really didn't get a

What's your favorite musical that has an exclamation point in its title?  Sep 15 2013, 10:16:22 PM
Can't believe no one has mentioned Fiorello!
Weather Not Looking Good For Broadway Flea Market  Sep 15 2013, 03:36:25 PM
Random FYI: Earth has the most complex and unpredictable weather of any planet in the solar system. There are so many factors involved that no matter how far technology progresses, they will only be able to predict daily weather accurately up to two weeks in advance. So relax, buy some rain gear, and hope for the best.
Favorite song that goes ba-da-da  Sep 15 2013, 11:47:14 AM
*To the tune of "Let's Call the Whole Thing Off"*

First ba-da-da
Then ba-da-ba.
Next it's bum-bum-bum-di-dum
And bum-ba-bum-ba-ba-du-bum
Va-Va-Va
Oom-pah-pah
Ta-ra-ra
La-da-da
And Na-Na-Na sung by Jonny Groff.

Where's Michael Riedel?  Sep 6 2013, 02:32:12 PM
Yeah. Google probably hasn't indexed the new navigation yet. I found his articles by going to the NYP website, looking for any columnists name on the main page and clicked their link.

It showed http://nypost.com/author/firstname-lastname/ for that columnist so I just plugged in Michael Reidel's name.

I initially tried doing a search for him using the NYP site search, but only four results came up. So something wonky is definitely going on with their site.

Where's Michael Riedel?  Sep 6 2013, 02:20:41 PM
Did they recently change to that format? Could be bugs in the system.

I was able to access his articles via this link. Last one was posted yesterday.

http://nypost.com/author/michael-riedel/

Loving the new look!  Sep 6 2013, 02:13:25 PM
For anyone who's feeling a little nostalgic...
Loving the new look!  Sep 6 2013, 01:54:06 PM
I was REALLY surprised, but I mostly like the change. It feels much cleaner and colorful.
Brigadoon to be revised, revived?  Sep 6 2013, 01:25:43 AM
The level of discussion and thought put into this thread is wonderful! It's really piqued my interest in seeing this production.
Angela Lansbury, Angelina Jolie, Steve Martin to receive an Honorary Oscar!  Sep 6 2013, 12:59:58 AM
I kind of wish they would make a special exception for Lansbury and present it during the telecast.

If wishes were fishes...

Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles  Sep 4 2013, 10:42:36 PM
luvtheEmcee, I was waiting for you to chime in! I'm happy you are going to get to experience a production you loved so much again.
Michelle Williams in talks to play Sally Bowles  Sep 4 2013, 09:29:35 PM
I REALLY would love to see this... Hope I can save up for a trip out east this coming spring!
Aladdin  Aug 31 2013, 11:56:49 PM
Thanks Kad and jv92! I've had a rough few years personally and a side effect was my passion for all things including theatre took a hit. I'm slowly getting back in the saddle.
Aladdin  Aug 31 2013, 01:13:21 PM
"And SINCE we have new scores on Broadway this year by the likes of JRB, Andrew Lippa, and Ahrens and Flaherty, I would hope they get the nominations for actual NEW scores."

I've been away too long! Sounds like I may need to make my way back to the city this year to see some shows.

Happy Birthday, Leonard Bernstein  Aug 25 2013, 11:48:56 AM
Happy Birthday sir!

Looks like I know which Spotify playlist I'll be listening to today. I think I will start with Chichester Psalms.

TED Talk with the Architect of the Dallas Theater Center  Aug 24 2013, 09:17:09 AM
I came across this on TED today and thought I would share for those of you who haven't seen it. This architect also designed the library in Seattle. I hate to admit that I didn't know DTC had such a versatile facility until today. So interesting!

Anyway, I hope you enjoy the talk as much as I did.

dear rob...  Aug 23 2013, 12:24:06 PM
*shakes fist weakly at Papa*

Also, my inner orthographer is upset that "failed" is misspelled in the code.

dear rob...  Aug 23 2013, 12:05:38 PM
queryb falied becauseUnknown column 'wbtwo.topicstartedbyfirst' in 'where clause'

Anyone else getting this when trying to access the off topic board? I figure it has something to do with reinstating/upgrading the ignore feature.

I tried connecting my account to Facebook a couple years ago and it really messed up my account. Rob was able to get me access back to my BWW account, but I haven't been able to edit my posts since that time. I am wondering if the same issue th

Full video of Angela Lansbury's tribute at the 2000 Kennedy Center Honors  Aug 19 2013, 03:12:19 AM
Thanks for sharing this! Still a little sad I missed my chance to see her in A Little Night Music several years back.
Violet revival?  Aug 16 2013, 03:11:08 AM
I haven't been to the city for a few years, but this would be a good impetus for me to come back. I was the Assistant Director/Dramaturg for the show when I was in college. The score is gorgeous!
You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You