Bad Musical Ideas

PTOPhan Profile Photo
PTOPhan
#50Bad Musical Ideas
Posted: 7/29/13 at 12:51am

JRybka1611 writes: ...or about a man who commits suicide half way thru act two and then watches over his family... Carousel.

In the original, isn't he killed in the robbery? This is the second place I've heard of Billy's suicide. I'm wondering if they changed it for a revival.

You alone can make my song take flight.

PTOPhan Profile Photo
PTOPhan
#51Bad Musical Ideas
Posted: 7/29/13 at 12:57am

The Merchant of Venice -- the Musical.

Actually, I was thinking about this the other day, and I think a real musical would be possible if Shylock was kidding. And the "happy" ending regarding his daughter's conversion to Christianity has obviously got to go. I think it would work if the whole thing became a spoof making fun of prejudice. I think laughing at bigots is the best way to end bigotry.

hyperbole_and_a_half Profile Photo
hyperbole_and_a_half
#52Bad Musical Ideas
Posted: 7/29/13 at 3:09am

Lobotomy! A New Musical

gchris11
#53Bad Musical Ideas
Posted: 7/30/13 at 12:44am

Rush Line The Musical. "How many tickets do they have?" What time did you get here? Where are the tickets located. To the tune of "I Hope I Get It".

gossipguy215 Profile Photo
gossipguy215
#54Bad Musical Ideas
Posted: 7/30/13 at 1:03am

A musical version of "Gone With the Wind".

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#55Bad Musical Ideas
Posted: 7/30/13 at 1:11am

Anything with Hasselhoff.

Lawrence Of Arabia The Musical

Poster Emeritus

PTOPhan Profile Photo
PTOPhan
#56Bad Musical Ideas
Posted: 7/31/13 at 11:23pm

There was a musical version of "GWTW" in Japan. I think everyone got sued because the Mitchell estate holds tight rein on the rights. Actually, I think a musical might work, especially if it portrayed the slaves as sad through their songs, rather than treating them like cheerful children in the beginning, till the Yankees ruined everything. The racism HAS to go, but the staircase HAS to stay.

Mr Roxy Profile Photo
Mr Roxy
#57Bad Musical Ideas
Posted: 7/31/13 at 11:34pm

Carlos Danger The Musical

Poster Emeritus

sephyr
#58Bad Musical Ideas
Posted: 7/31/13 at 11:49pm

Detention: Three divorcing couples are locked in a room by their children where they won't be let go until they at least try to work through their problems. Secrets, confessions, and revelations ensue as these couples have nowhere to run away from their problems lol!!

Videos