pixeltracker

Hamilton is the greatest musical since RENT?- Page 3

Hamilton is the greatest musical since RENT?

NYadgal Profile Photo
NYadgal
#50Hamilton is the greatest musical since RENT?
Posted: 4/18/16 at 5:30pm

Rent?

"Two drifters off to see the world. There's such a lot of world to see. . ."

binau Profile Photo
binau
#51Hamilton is the greatest musical since RENT?
Posted: 4/18/16 at 6:11pm

adamgreer said: "Mr. Nowack said: "I think people in the theatre community tend to conflate how much HAMILTON has really penetrated the masses. Because It hasn't really that much.

I agree.

"

I kind of agree because no one I know knows anything about it (cf. The Book of Mormon), though of course I don't live in the USA and it's hard to recall how long it took for the Book of Mormon to penetrate 'the masses'. However, it's hard to ignore the publicity around this show and most importantly the grosses for this show and advance sales, which seems unprecedented and a difficult achievement without reaching a wide, mass audience. 

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

binau Profile Photo
binau
#52Hamilton is the greatest musical since RENT?
Posted: 4/18/16 at 6:14pm

[placeholder to stop my post disappearing above, haha]

"You can't overrate Bernadette Peters. She is such a genius. There's a moment in "Too Many Mornings" and Bernadette doing 'I wore green the last time' - It's a voice that is just already given up - it is so sorrowful. Tragic. You can see from that moment the show is going to be headed into such dark territory and it hinges on this tiny throwaway moment of the voice." - Ben Brantley (2022) "Bernadette's whole, stunning performance [as Rose in Gypsy] galvanized the actors capable of letting loose with her. Bernadette's Rose did take its rightful place, but too late, and unseen by too many who should have seen it" Arthur Laurents (2009) "Sondheim's own favorite star performances? [Bernadette] Peters in ''Sunday in the Park,'' Lansbury in ''Sweeney Todd'' and ''obviously, Ethel was thrilling in 'Gypsy.'' Nytimes, 2000

Mr. Nowack Profile Photo
Mr. Nowack
#53Hamilton is the greatest musical since RENT?
Posted: 4/18/16 at 6:31pm

Does anyone know why the last comments on threads aren't appearing?? This has long been a problem for me.

Keeping BroadwayWorld Illustrated

Videos