News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for binau

binau Profile Photo
Member Name: binau
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 25 2024, 01:02:29 PM

I am careful with my words and was only comparing them vocally. Lady Gaga is Judy Garland of the 21st century, she is an expert vocalist, an expert song writer who is constantly reinventing herself and succeeding every time. She is a skilled actor. A comedian. And entertainer. She is a cultural phenomenon. An icon. I didn’t even think it needed to be said that of course there is no comparison to Adam Lambert. On this list Adam is only one or two of those things. 

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 25 2024, 03:25:13 AM

It’s just because Adam Lambert to me is a rare male equivalent of a Broadway female diva with a unique and interesting vocal timbre, expression and power. I know this might sound overstated but I genuinely believe Adam Lambert’s voice is as special as Lady Gaga’s, Bernadette Peters or Patti LuPone’s. I’ve only seen him live once - in one of the queen concerts and it was more special than I could ever imagine or even hear on a recording. It’s like he has no

Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 25 2024, 12:28:10 AM

The show is not a period piece and works well today. Maybe even better. It has stood the test of time and you will notice small details in this production to bring it to 2024, including subtle staging in ‘light’ to make it clear what Diana’s choices are. The only thing that might be considered period is the music. It is what it is and I love it. Does anyone want to see a pasek & Paul bubble gum version or a Lin Manuel rapped version of next to normal? I like that the sou

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/24
 Jul 24 2024, 04:38:58 PM

Was my post deleted? Thankfully Flash was able to respond via a PM and it did not disappoint!!

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 24 2024, 04:23:33 PM

I might be repeating myself with this question but has anyone seen both Ato Blankson-Wood and Omari Douglas in the role? The reason I ask is because I swear the way people describe Ato it's also how I felt about Omari - so I'm wondering if the common link is actually the direction of the character and not the actor. 

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 24 2024, 02:53:46 PM

I genuinely think Adam Lambert could perform perhaps the most haunting "I Don't Care Much" we've ever heard. 

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 24 2024, 01:18:02 PM

Adam Lambert has 1.9m followers vs 35.3m Nick Jonas on instagram. I do wonder if Adam Lambert might have older fans with more money to spend though. I personally think it’s a major artistic and commercial achievement to get him in the role for a revival with mediocre reviews as a replacement though. Very curious to see how this translates to box office. 

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/21/24
 Jul 23 2024, 01:30:43 PM

I don't mean this in a catty way but I literally forgot The Notebook still exists and is open. 

PATTI LUPONE: A LIFE IN NOTES
 Jul 20 2024, 05:21:27 AM

Listening quickly to ‘some people’ it’s as if she could play Rose today and still impress with her vocals. Maybe there is an ever so subtle slight hint of aging - but it’s barely noticeable - Patti has remained remarkably lucky because by this age practically all of the famous divas have had degraded voices.

I think Patti could still have a big Broadway leading role in her. 

Adam Lambert -Cabaret
 Jul 18 2024, 02:06:02 AM

I really hope they emphasise Adam Lambert’s vocal ability and he/the director doesn’t try to dress it down in the name of ‘character’ or ‘concept’ or anything. This kind of voice does not appear on stage often - I can’t wait to hear what he can do with it. 

TERF - Joshua Kaplan-penned play about JK Rowling to premiere at Edinburgh Fringe
 Jul 11 2024, 03:38:13 PM

Feel free to shoot the messenger while trans people continue to suffer needlessly. All I’ll say is if you get out of your bubbles, talk and listen to what the general public have to say about this issue you will find that the public are not buying many of the activist arguments, such as the role of trans women competing with biological women in sports, and this is fueling the fire of the general public and people like JK Rowling along with other issues. 

It’s grossly u

Broadway Grosses: Week Ending 7/7/24
 Jul 10 2024, 01:33:54 PM

I'd much rather the money go to the producers than a scalper. 

TERF - Joshua Kaplan-penned play about JK Rowling to premiere at Edinburgh Fringe
 Jul 10 2024, 12:27:36 PM

This is one of the few social issues where I actually feel the public discourse and attitudes are becoming more negative than positive over time. For the safety, wellbeing and sanity of trans people I think trans activists (who are not the same thing as trans people, or at least the trans people I know who just want to live their lives) might need to start re-thinking their approach. It seems to be making things worse, not better. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jul 9 2024, 05:36:13 PM
 Jul 9 2024, 05:35:49 PM

Yes I can understand it must feel odd or even unfair but the reality is that hard working ensemble member wouldn't have a job if it wasn't for Radcliffe - and the show wouldn't be grossing the way it is either. The value that the ensemble member adds is an acting job that many others can do for the same cost or often even less. The value that Radcliffe adds is acting + ticket sales. I do take your point that for very, very long running shows that just seem to rake in profit such a

Jul 9 2024, 04:39:33 PM

I bet people don't suggest that actors should get paid less when business is bad (i.e. most shows) lol. 

Next To Normal WEST END - News & Discussion Thread
 Jul 8 2024, 04:29:05 AM

Sales are a little soft right now. Chances looking unlikely unless things pick up. 

Imelda Staunton Hello, Dolly starts tonight!
 Jul 7 2024, 01:04:15 PM

The main problem with Jenna Russell is that simply she just looks too old next to the actor playing Cornelius. In terms of the character itself and the issues you raise I think it works and if anything you're right - she's a widow, it raises the stakes etc. it's the pairing that doesn't work not the individual character. 

Overall, out of many of the supporting characters though I think Jenna Russell fares well anyway though. I would prioritise the issues d

Jul 7 2024, 05:29:14 AM

It actually did cross my mind that it looked a little like watching a Judi Dench Hello, Dolly. Or at one point I thought (perhaps too many wines in) that it almost felt like a Queen Elizabeth camp tribute to her since Staunton played the Queen recently. "Hello, Lizzie.....well hello Lizzie....".

Overall, on more reflection I think I am pretty satisfied with Staunton's performance to be honest and even the unusual/darker choices for her character. And the title song does a

Jul 6 2024, 06:14:44 PM

Exactly - the Horace felt so mean. In the Broadway revival he was this kind of old grumpy uncle type that doesn’t have much self awareness but is still lovable. Here he actually felt mean lol. 

Gavin Creel’s voice sorely missed, same with Kate Baldwin. 

But it’s still all very enjoyable. I am looking forward to seeing it again. I just was maybe hoping I’d be experiencing something more similar to the last revival again an

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You