Profile for binau

binau Profile Photo
Member Name: binau
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Jeremy Jordan missing in-person rehearsals because he had a few concerts! OUCH  Feb 19 2024, 07:50:11 PM

Didn’t Kelli O’Hara miss the entire pre-Broadway run of Bridges because she was PREGNANT? The NERVE of these actors. Do they not realise when they become attached to a Broadway-bound show they need to be physically locked up and focus on nothing more than the show???? These entitled actors are…acting…like they might actually be real people. Despicable. 

Any chance we'll see Daniel Fish's Oklahoma! again?  Feb 16 2024, 03:24:20 PM

Seeing the dream ballet in London surrounded by a bunch of old people was WILD. I knew what to expect because I did see it in New York but these London audiences seemed old and had no idea what they were walking into. Besides a group of core fans the show never seemed to appeal to a young demographic there. It was almost sad. As I understand it word of mouth wasn’t always the best. But I just loved everything about the show. It was as if some down town New York college student

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 15 2024, 11:51:58 PM

Perhaps a lesser famous example is Marin Mazzie in next to normal who was also re-reviewed. I would be surprised if they didn’t re-review with Sutton Foster. 

Any chance we'll see Daniel Fish's Oklahoma! again?  Feb 15 2024, 09:25:12 PM

I personally don’t think so. Feels exhausted by now. Was very happy to catch it 6 times in London last year - some people just didn’t seem to like it but I was on the edge of my seat every time. Daniel Fish was at the final performance walking around a little like a kooky Tim Burton. God I love theatre hehe.

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 15 2024, 04:26:12 PM

At this point they should try and record a couple of clips of Aaron and Sutton to repair some of the damage from these bootlegs. Feels so unfair. 

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 14 2024, 01:01:27 PM

I think and assume they meant that if it comes through on an audio well which are notoriously bad for volume and sound quality then it must have been ok in the theatre. 

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 14 2024, 11:33:01 AM

Not to continue making it sunset related but I can relate back to Sweeney - if the Sweeney orchestra sounds quiet the Sunset orchestra in London sounded overwhelmingly loud. Is it just that audiences are used to hearing over-amplified sounds and are disappointed when the full acoustic orchestra isn’t exactly what we expected?  

Broadway Cares ripped for directing funds to Gaza  Feb 14 2024, 04:51:27 AM

Sorry but the aid that governments have and are providing to Gaza is so substantial that it makes broadway cares’ contribution seem like a rounding error. This is being framed as if Broadway Cares is needing to step up and solve the world’s problems because others aren’t and it’s just not true. At best I’d say they have good intentions and it’s a nice gesture.  at worst it feels almost narcissistic that Broadway cares are off trying to save the wo

Broadway Cares ripped for directing funds to Gaza  Feb 14 2024, 02:23:55 AM

Maybe I underestimate the real motivations of people here but I would be shocked if people complaining about this had a problem with the concept of aid going to Gaza. I think people are reasonable and mature enough to know that the innocent people of Gaza are in a rough situation and need help (even people who support Israel. I don’t think it’s mutually exclusive). BUT I don’t see how it’s also unreasonable for people to expect that their donations for actors go to wel

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 12 2024, 02:31:04 AM
….
THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 12 2024, 02:30:39 AM

Broadway Flash said: "When is Michael griefs direction actually good? Rent was 28 years ago folks. If/then was horrible, wine and roses the staging was terrible, war paint was clunky, Evan Hansen was just fine. Theres a reason he’s never won a Tony…"

I think the strength of his direction is in his ability to work with the authors and shape the material (next to normal, dear Evan Hansen) and the performances (rent, dear Evan Hansen, next to normal, if/the

Actors Fund RAGTIME Concert Aiming For Early 2023  Feb 11 2024, 04:57:49 AM

Soaring29 said: "binau said: "I just don’t think Kelli has the belt Marin has. She has a lovely voice, in many ways more pure and magical sounding than Marin. But ultimately even she does not have Marin’s exceptionally unusual voice."

I think Marin has an amazing voice but I wouldn't call it exceptionally unusual in terms of it's sound- I would say that for someone like Merman, Janis Joplin, etc. Not necessarily better singers than mo

THE NOTEBOOK Broadway Previews  Feb 11 2024, 04:37:44 AM

Maybe it's a joke to illustrate this very point but Aaron and Tviet get an 'it sucked' based on 10 seconds of misleading bootlegs recordings and The Notebook get an 'it sucked' from people who don't appear to have seen it and barely any other info yet. LOL what is going on???

Broadway Replacement Flop Era?  Feb 10 2024, 07:41:45 PM

I think this must be one of the most unfair and quickest write offs I’ve ever seen based on tenuous evidence (Sutton and Aaron). It’s very clear listening to wider evidence that they literally exposed Sutton’s worst momentary flaws in a short clip and she sounds much better/as you’d more normally expect in other points.

Aaron fared better in his leaked clip but the fact he went the octave up in epiphany (as others have in the past too!) is f

Aaron Tveit, Sutton Foster will next star in ‘Sweeney Todd’  Feb 10 2024, 04:27:48 AM

Mmm something is not sitting well in Sutton's Foster voice...should they lower the key or something? 

Sweeney Todd, question about extension  Feb 7 2024, 04:49:24 PM

Has anyone posted who else have been considered for the roles :)? Always want to know the casting that could never be.

Carnegie Hall's 2024-25 Season to Include Bernadette Peters, a Tina Turner Celebration with Adrienne Warren, and Jinkx Monsoon  Feb 7 2024, 02:57:35 PM

Feels sweet that after Bernadette's basically 30-year tour of her Carnegie Hall concert around the USA and the world, she brings it back to where it began (assuming she gives the similar concert performance, which isn't a given but seems most likely lol). It ALMOST feels nostalgic! I wish I could see it. 

Isn't it about time for a major Broadway revival of DREAMGIRLS?  Feb 3 2024, 08:11:58 AM

Idk maybe I’m wrong but I don’t know if the show needs stars to survive. Feels like they could create an event by finding the most talented unknown in the USA to play the role and create an old fashioned star is born event. The material is somewhat known and accessible. Maybe it’s a little clunky at points but on the whole given the crap we see these days it’s a masterpiece next to others. If someone can take a risk mounting days of wine and roses I feel they can take

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 31 2024, 03:07:52 PM

Chita Rivera has died  Jan 31 2024, 03:07:06 PM

There is no question that the lights surely will be dimmed. We are talking one of the greatest Broadway stars of all time. She is to Kander & Ebb as Bernadette is to Sondheim. Of great historical, cultural and artistic importance and part of the fabric of Broadway. This is not something that would ever be second guessed. Surely, right??

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You