News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NYadgal

NYadgal Profile Photo
Member Name: NYadgal
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Gavin Creel has passed away
 Sep 30 2024, 12:56:19 PM

Utter heartbreak! 

STRIKE UP THE BAND MasterVoices concert in October
 Sep 26 2024, 12:33:41 PM

Reg Rogers just added!  

Erivo, Graham, Gotay, and more to lead A LITTLE NIGHT MUSIC IN CONCERT
 Jun 29 2024, 12:41:28 AM

I want to say what a delightful evening it was!   As stated in an earlier post, I went in with low expectations - but left feeling so happy  to have seen it.

it wasn’t perfect - few things are - but the performances tonight were moving, entertaining, and delivered with so much heart.  
The orchestra sounded glorious - though the tempi were sluggish in Act 1.   
What a delightful night of music.   

Jun 27 2024, 07:50:49 PM

^^^ Yes. Agree.  

Jun 27 2024, 06:18:30 PM

I, too, thought this was going to be something special and waited at my computer the morning tickets went on sale to snap them up.

Now that I’ve seen the cast list (not just the performers), see how poorly this is selling, and watching ticket prices drop - I feel like a fool. I was hoping for a while that the whole damn thing would be cancelled.
I’m going tomorrow evening.  I hope I’m pleasantly surprised.  But I have a lot of disappointment to get

Mary Jane extends for second time on Broadway
 Jun 25 2024, 07:28:15 PM

I had a ticket for this tomorrow and was so disappointed to receive the email earlier today that she would be out.   I’m not going to be able to book a different evening between now and Sunday.

i hope she’s ok.  

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 22 2024, 10:57:45 PM

A show I can’t stop thinking about. . . 

Titanic at City Center
 Jun 22 2024, 02:29:35 PM

Count me among those who found this a glorious presentation - I loved it last Friday, and was fortunate to be able to return last night.

Among the others previously mentioned, I want to call out Eddie Cooper, whose performance as the kind and devoted steward, Henry Etches, was flawless and played with a dignity that broke my heart.

i would love a recording of this production: glorious orchestrations performed beautifully.  

FOLLIES at Carnegie Hall
 Jun 21 2024, 11:29:39 AM

I loved the evening, but the orchestra was a problem.  Off beat, too loud, too loud, too loud, and sloppy.  That’s ultimately the conductor’s fault - and whoever was helping with the sound check during rehearsal.  Sad not to have had them play those gorgeous orchestrations with more skill and finesse.

Despite that, the evening was a Wow with some stunning performances, touching moments, and  a hall filled with an audience who love and celebrate this

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Jun 19 2024, 01:43:29 PM

And, I, too, was in the front row mezz last night.

Perfect seats on a perfect night with perfect celebrations from beginning to end.  

DAYS OF WINE AND ROSES Previews
 Jun 19 2024, 10:35:53 AM

Incredibly brave and important words from Kelli.

It was an exquisite show filled with passionate, strong and heartbreaking performances.  I’ll be forever grateful to have seen it - both off Broadway and on.  
I do wish Kelli had won the Tony for work that was beyond what anyone else was doing.  In the end, I’m grateful she was able to do this show which meant so much to her. 
Brava, Kelli.  

The 77th Annual Tony Award Snubs!
 Jun 16 2024, 11:17:17 PM

Kelli.

Her work this season was so far beyond what anyone else was doing.  She was robbed.  

2024 Tony Awards
 Jun 16 2024, 10:57:12 PM

Crushed.

Kelli was extraordinary.  

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 20 2024, 12:22:08 AM

I was watching them, also.  They started it on a classy note.  They looked more and more uncomfortable as the rants went on.  

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 08:37:36 PM

The more I think about the speeches the more insulted I feel.   They were angry and full of blame and I was sorry to leave the theater on that note.

LEMPICKA Reviews
 May 19 2024, 06:49:04 PM

It’s hard to remember.  They went on and on and on and on and on and on. . .  And on and on and on. . .

Question re Laura Benanti and MFL
 Jan 21 2024, 08:31:22 AM

Oy. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews
 Nov 29 2023, 08:33:15 AM

So glad to hear Lindsay is back in!

if any of the 3 leads are out, can tickets be exchanged?  Just curious. 

MasterVoices will present Sondheim's THE FROGS, Korie-penned GRAPES OF WRATH, and more
 Nov 6 2023, 10:35:50 AM

I’m biased - I was in it - and from the first rehearsal through the final performance, it was a thrill.  
MasterVoices posted photos on Facebook for those who’d like to relive the memory of this performance.  

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread
 Nov 6 2023, 10:30:23 AM

Boy George is joining the cast.  

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You