News on your favorite shows, specials & more!

Profile for NYadgal

NYadgal Profile Photo
Member Name: NYadgal
Contact User: You must be logged in to contact BWW members.

Most Recent Message Board Posts:

View Off Topic Posts

Question re Laura Benanti and MFL  Jan 21 2024, 08:31:22 AM

Oy. 

MERRILY WE ROLL ALONG Reviews  Nov 29 2023, 08:33:15 AM

So glad to hear Lindsay is back in!

if any of the 3 leads are out, can tickets be exchanged?  Just curious. 

MasterVoices will present Sondheim's THE FROGS, Korie-penned GRAPES OF WRATH, and more  Nov 6 2023, 10:35:50 AM

I’m biased - I was in it - and from the first rehearsal through the final performance, it was a thrill.  
MasterVoices posted photos on Facebook for those who’d like to relive the memory of this performance.  

MOULIN ROUGE! Broadway Casting Thread  Nov 6 2023, 10:30:23 AM

Boy George is joining the cast.  

MasterVoices will present Sondheim's THE FROGS, Korie-penned GRAPES OF WRATH, and more  Oct 3 2023, 01:28:07 AM

Great cast!  

CAMELOT to close in July  Jun 28 2023, 06:21:49 PM

What a shame!

When I saw it in early previews the audience energy was so strong it lifted the entire production up and infused it with a passion that felt lacking when I saw it after it opened.   The cast played their hearts out - and I wish they'd had a more successful run.   

I'll always be glad to have seen it - and to have even felt passionate about it at the start.   

Encores! 2023: LIGHT IN THE PIAZZA with Ruthie Ann Miles, DEAR WORLD with Donna Murphy, and OLIVER!  Jun 27 2023, 12:00:58 AM

Victoria Clark was at the final Sunday performance.  She was seated a row or two behind us.  I saw her when it was over as she made her way quickly to the side door to head backstage.

I can only imagine how emotional it was for her - and know she was wiping away tears at the end.  

The 76th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 15 2023, 09:18:24 PM

PS - JRB posted what he was going to say on his FB page.  At least there’s that!  

The 76th Annual TONY Awards!  Jun 15 2023, 09:14:43 PM

Finally watched (was out of the country on Sunday).  My 2 cents - 

Loved it all!   The unscripted format worked beautifully with a celebratory focus on the artists.  (Loved those backstage bits!).
Special moments, inspiring speeches - and even an In Memoriam that fully focused on those lost.   

My only gripe is that they cut off some speeches.  I would have loved hearing what Jason Robert Brown had to say when celebrating the win of &lsquo

Anyone seeing a first performance post-Tony win tonight?  Jun 14 2023, 06:17:34 AM

Back on topic. . . 

Have enjoyed my “Tony Tuesday” tradition for years, and this was no exception.   Kimberly Akimbo was full of energy - from the security guard outside who kept chanting “We Got Five” to the candy necklaces, the Playbill stickers, the opening standing ovation, the entrance applause, the curtain call with the delightful and joyful anagram and celebration of everyone involved in the show - to the show itself with all the feels and a cas

The 76th Annual Tony Award Nominations (2023)  May 25 2023, 10:35:20 PM

I think the award that I care about most deeply this year is my hope that Victoria Clark wins for Kimberly Akimbo.  
A deeply felt, flawless performance.  

IOLANTHE at Carnegie Hall  May 2 2023, 09:22:13 AM

IOLANTHE is tomorrow night! We're having a blast rehearsing it, and would love to see you there.
50% off all tickets if you use the code TED39879, and $20 student rush tickets available tomorrow with proper ID. This is a rare chance to hear this glorious score and hilarious book performed by a cast of Broadway royalty, don't miss it!

IOLANTHE at Carnegie Hall  Apr 30 2023, 07:56:30 PM

Sadly, the sales have been sluggish. 
Think of it as an opportunity to get great seats!

it’s really going to be a lively performance.  

IOLANTHE at Carnegie Hall  Apr 30 2023, 05:37:17 PM

May 3rd

Tiler Peck just joined this fabulous cast!

Student Rush tickets will be available!

https://www.mastervoices.org/events/iolanthe/

What to see week of May 1st  Apr 30 2023, 05:34:15 PM

Gilbert & Sullivan’s IOLANTHE at Carnegie Hall on May 3rd!

Tiler Peck just joined the cast! 

https://www.mastervoices.org/events/iolanthe/

Phantom Closing?  Apr 16 2023, 07:08:02 PM

ggersten - Thank you for sharing these photos - will be eager to hear any information your daughter shares with you!!  

Phantom Closing?  Apr 16 2023, 04:19:17 PM

If anyone finds an actual link to what we are supposed to watch - please share.

In typical BWW fashion - it’s not clear and isn’t working.  

Phantom Closing?  Apr 16 2023, 04:12:13 PM

I can see not-live bits on Instagram but no sound. (It’s not my device)

Is there another place to “tune in”?

Phantom Closing?  Apr 16 2023, 01:26:39 PM

Kad, you’re right.  
I, for one, will not be among them.  I said my good-bye last night.  
There will be no more from me. 

Phantom Closing?  Apr 16 2023, 11:53:41 AM

I want to celebrate how fabulous it was to see Kristen Blodgette conduct the performance last night!  

Brava!!

You must log in to view off-topic posts.

Videos

TICKET CENTRAL

Recommended For You