pixeltracker

Was Betty Buckley banned from Broadway? - Page 3

Was Betty Buckley banned from Broadway?

Steve C. Profile Photo
Steve C.
#50Was Betty Buckley banned from Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/18 at 6:30pm

I guess that since I'm a younger person, and going off memory of video clips and education, and since BB performed "Over You" from "Tender Mercies" at the Academy Awards, (that she sang in the film)...where it was nominated for Best Original Song, I also thought she was one of the songwriters (Hart and Roberts); so my bad! It's still a testament to her devotion to the arts, and humanity that there just aren't many performers as versatile and committed. She is a true hero of Horton Foote's (and Hallie's) literature and plays; and lots of love to animals too; respected teacher at so many colleges and theaters. Re-reading or just glancing at BB's imdb page or Playbill vault is a treasure trove! YouTube clips are amazing...and how many people can say that they saved Rufus Wainwright from drowning!! (I wonder if there's a video of that! Ha-a! 

I Can Has Cheezburger With This?
Updated On: 7/9/18 at 06:30 PM

wiggum2 Profile Photo
wiggum2
#51Was Betty Buckley banned from Broadway?
Posted: 7/9/18 at 7:40pm

Steve C. said: "I guess that since I'm a younger person, and going off memory of video clips and education, and since BB performed "Over You" from "Tender Mercies" at the Academy Awards, (thatshe sang in the film)...where it was nominated for Best Original Song, I also thought she was one of the songwriters (Hart and Roberts); so my bad! It's still a testament to her devotion to the arts, and humanity that there just aren't many performers as versatile and committed. She is a true hero of Horton Foote's (and Hallie's) literature and plays; and lots of love to animals too; respected teacher at so many colleges and theaters.Re-reading or just glancing at BB's imdb page or Playbill vault is a treasure trove! YouTube clips are amazing...and how many people can say that they saved Rufus Wainwright from drowning!! (I wonder if there's a video of that! Ha-a!"
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 I don't think Betty sang on the Oscars though... I thought a guy sang it

ETA: wikipedia says Mac Davis sang on the telecast but I couldn't find the vid on YT with a quick search

Updated On: 7/9/18 at 07:40 PM

Latest Posts

Videos