pixeltracker

Wicked Casting for 2018-2019- Page 3

Wicked Casting for 2018-2019

hamiltonstradition
#50Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 10/31/18 at 8:07pm

Jackie and Kara start tonight in San Diego! They will stick around until sometime between 2/22 and 3/9 (conflicting reports). Milli Diaz (Nessa) and Jon Robert Hall (Fiyero) will end on 2/22, though.

Ginna Claire is thought to be the next BWAY Glinda (not until well after the holidays) but, the Ali Ewoldt rumor still could be true! Ali would be the first "new" Glinda since Carrie St. Louis and Jenni Barber. 

I would imagine that the next BWAY cast change will be a big one, with at least Kem, Jye and Amanda leaving Jessica, Ryan, and Kevin. 

clearastheday Profile Photo
clearastheday
#51Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 10/31/18 at 8:35pm

I feel like the Broadway cast really falls flat in comparison to the tour cast right now. (Like others on this board have said, they seem to just be going through the motions. I especially noticed this while watching them perform One Short Day on the Halloween special a few nights ago.) Mary Kate and Ginna Claire were incredible together, and I would love to see one or both of them on Broadway one day. Bringing Jackie and Kara back in for a limited run is a great idea to me. The tour cast is fantastic, and will continue to be with those two in the lead roles. I saw them (with Mary Kate and Ginna Claire) earlier this year and they really seemed to give it their all. I saw the show twice in a week and they were just as good, if not better, the second time around. (Also, I would definitely not object if Ginna Claire were the next Broadway Glinda. Her voice and acting is amazing and she’s definitely one of my favorite Glinda’s.)

Catsbroadwayfan
#52Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 10/31/18 at 8:55pm

You’re doing something wrong as a broadway company, if your national tour cast is 10x better then you.

The current broadway company, is just rushing lines to get them over with, I mean AJC can barley get through NOMTW anymore or the end of thank goodness.

Count me in the group of people who don't understand the hype about Vosk. She can sing amazingly but the acting is so wooden. A huge turn off for me with wicked is when the elphaba or glinda dont act during a song and just sing it.

I love Ginna Clarie, but I agree with GreeneStreet, Glinda needs a new actress to the role. One we havant seen on a national tour.

Also, the ensemble needs some thinning out. Half of them (the newer ones) are giving great performances while the other half are just going through the motions.

I dont understand it, you are in a smash hit on broadway, enjoy yourself or get out.

anislander
#53Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 10/31/18 at 9:16pm

hamiltonstradition said: "Ginna Claire is thought to be the next BWAY Glinda (not until well after the holidays)but, the Ali Ewoldt rumor still could be true! Ali would be the first "new" Glinda since Carrie St. Louis and Jenni Barber."

Where did the Ali Ewoldt rumor come from? This is the first time I'm hearing of it.

CedricOates
#54Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 10/31/18 at 9:46pm

anislander said: "hamiltonstradition said: "Ginna Claire is thought to be the next BWAY Glinda (not until well after the holidays)but, the Ali Ewoldt rumor still could be true! Ali would be the first "new" Glinda since Carrie St. Louis and Jenni Barber."

Where did the Ali Ewoldt rumor come from? This is the first time I'm hearing of it.
"

So true LOL

MadisonGuy Profile Photo
MadisonGuy
#55Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 10/31/18 at 11:06pm

I would love to see Ginna Claire on Broadway.  I certainly hope they don't skip over her.  My hope is that Ginna Claire and Mary Kate can be reunited at the Gershwin.  

wicked4l
#56Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/1/18 at 2:43am

Katie Rose Clarke is returning to Broadway as Glinda.

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#57Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/1/18 at 3:01am

I hope thats true. Katie is my favorite glinda, she can really bring new energy to the current company. Do you have any idea of when shes rumored to start?

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Itonlytakesajourney Profile Photo
Itonlytakesajourney
#58Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/1/18 at 9:19am

The Ali rumor goes back a few months, but the original poster wasn’t sure which company she’d go into. So we might get Ali on tour and Katie Rose on Broadway; if the rumors are true. I guess we’ll have to wait and see in the coming months...

hamiltonstradition
#59Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/1/18 at 9:19am

wicked4l said: "Katie Rose Clarke is returning to Broadway as Glinda."

I would love this. They are the person who posted about Jackie and Kara, so I like the chances of this! 

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#60Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/1/18 at 6:05pm

She was two months pregnant during her last bway stint.

"Why was my post about my post being deleted, deleted, causing my account to be banned from posting" - The Lion Roars 2k18

Bell0708
#61Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/1/18 at 6:10pm

Did not know that, I take it back then!  

Bwayfan292 Profile Photo
Bwayfan292
#62Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/1/18 at 6:11pm

Ah no you’re fine!!!

BroadwayBear2
#63Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/2/18 at 4:41pm

With the Ali "rumor" apparently she is leaving Phantom on 11/27/2018. 

CedricOates
#64Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/2/18 at 4:58pm

BroadwayBear2 said: "With the Ali "rumor" apparently she is leaving Phantom on 11/27/2018."

i was about to say the same thing! Idk this is sounding more and more true

BroadwayBear2
#65Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/2/18 at 5:00pm

CedricOates said: "BroadwayBear2 said: "With the Ali "rumor" apparently she is leaving Phantom on 11/27/2018."

i was about to say the same thing! Idk this is sounding more and more true

"

I'm just hear to help stir the pot--haha

mailhandler777
#66Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/2/18 at 5:10pm

Littleshopofcarrie said: "Didn't want to start a new thread over this, but was at the 15th Anniversary Performance and was shocked to see how weak Amanda Jane Cooper was, especially next to Jessica Vosk.

Does anyone else who was there or has seen the show recently know if she is normally like this or if she was just having an off-night?
"

Amanda Jane was probably the best I've seen her on the anniversary show. 

Both admitted they were super tired from everything happening the whole month. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

mailhandler777
#67Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/2/18 at 5:12pm

clearastheday said: "I feel like the Broadway cast really falls flat in comparison to the tour cast right now. (Like others on this board have said, they seem to just be going through the motions. I especially noticed this while watching them perform One Short Day on the Halloween special a few nights ago.) Mary Kate and Ginna Claire were incredible together, and I would love to see one or both of them on Broadway one day. Bringing Jackie and Kara backin for a limited run is a great idea to me. The tour cast is fantastic, and will continue to be with those two in the lead roles. I saw them(with Mary Kate and Ginna Claire) earlier this year and they really seemed to give it their all. I saw the show twice in a week and they were just as good, if not better, the second time around. (Also,I would definitely not object if Ginna Claire were the next Broadway Glinda. Her voice and acting is amazing and she’s definitely one of my favorite Glinda’s.)"

I'm the complete opposite and think this current Broadway cast is the best they ever had. 

Hi, I'm Val. Formerly DefyGravity777(I believe)

Bell0708
#68Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/5/18 at 7:10pm

Does anyone know who's replacing Isabel Keating as Madame Morrible?  Supposedly her last show is on Sunday.

BroadwayBeebe
#69Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/5/18 at 7:19pm

Attended last month and pretty sure I saw the next Morrible there watching from house seats. Pretty sure it’s Nancy Opel.

GreeneStreet Profile Photo
GreeneStreet
#70Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/5/18 at 7:45pm

Just to stir the pot... apparently Katie rose clarke is coming back in jan, and ali is taking over after Kara finishes on the national tour

Dallas Theatre Fan
#71Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/5/18 at 7:57pm

If the Nancy Opel rumors are true that would be a great casting choice.

Is Katie Rose Clarke the longest running Glinda? She's been in the bubble off and on since November 2007.  

greenifyme2
#72Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/5/18 at 8:07pm

mailhandler777 said: 

Both admitted they were super tired from everything happening the whole month."

I saw the show on October 6th and Amanda’s performance was both weak and rushed. Seems she’s just tired of the show.

adamgreer Profile Photo
adamgreer
#73Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/5/18 at 8:41pm

Dallas Theatre Fan said: "If the Nancy Opel rumors are true that would be a great casting choice.

Is Katie Rose Clarke the longest running Glinda? She's been in the bubble off and on since November 2007.
"

I wondered that, too. It would have to be either she or Cooper. 

WldKingdomHM Profile Photo
WldKingdomHM
#74Wicked Casting for 2018-2019
Posted: 11/5/18 at 9:42pm

Anyone is better than Laura Woyasz and Katie Adams. Now those were bad performances.

Videos