pixeltracker

Wicked's Hidden References- Page 3

Wicked's Hidden References

vjRichie Profile Photo
vjRichie
#50I'm with judy in disguise...
Posted: 7/17/04 at 8:01pm

I don't hear the woodwind reference at 1:06 in OSD, just a trill!

"I've had two years to grow claws, Mother, and they're Jungle Red!" Mary Haines - The Women

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#51I'm with judy in disguise...
Posted: 7/17/04 at 8:18pm

Guys.... I am REALLY sorry ahead of time if this has already been discussed, but does anyone know what the "M"'s on Boq's silver outfit stand for? Munchkin? McGuire? (that would be kind of cool)

shesings
#52I'm with judy in disguise...
Posted: 7/17/04 at 9:54pm

Saw wicked again today, adn listened to the CD. One short day at 1:06 is not from Merry Old Land of Oz, similar but it is just the woodwinds. Also the part that was likened to Miss Gulch's bicycle is also similar, but its a different pattern, and is a 3 note pattern as opposed to 4 in the movie. Close though, and it kept me interested.

onlylisab Profile Photo
onlylisab
#53I'm with judy in disguise...
Posted: 7/19/04 at 1:47am

I am really exciting about all of these references to the movie Wizard of Oz! I got turned on to Wicked because I am a Judy Garland freak and anything that has even a little bit to do with her I go nuts over. Keep the fun things coming!

"First up was Max who sang "Can You Feel the Love Tonight?" [...] I haven't seen that big of a reaction to a stair descent since Audra left the attic in Ragtime." --Seth Rudetsky

Jo Jo Mandingo
#54I'm with judy in disguise...
Posted: 7/19/04 at 10:48am

Check out this link for a discussion of the Wizrd of Oz musical references .... with a reply from the composer himself:

http://www.stephenschwartz.com//ubbthreads/showflat.php?Cat=&Board=askstephen&Number=1683&page=2&view=collapsed&sb=5&o=&fpart=1

Videos