pixeltracker

** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **- Page 3

** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **

Corine2 Profile Photo
Corine2
#50re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/10/04 at 12:47am

RAMONA KELLER NEEDS TO BE IN A BETTER SHOW.

;-( Updated On: 10/10/04 at 12:47 AM

JeffG
#51re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/10/04 at 10:11am

Corine, I think you should be a LOT more tolerant of people who are passionate about the shows they love. YOU of all people, who are constantly (by your definition) shilling shows like Forbidden Broadway, etc.

And with all of your theater "experience" why would you suggest a concert version of Brooklyn? If you didn't like the songs (only the voices) why would a concert version be better? Furthermore, why would someone produce a concert version of a show that few have heard of/know? If you look around, the shows that get produced "in concert" are well known shows like Hair, Dreamgirls, Pippin, etc.

Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#52re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/10/04 at 12:10pm

I hate bumping these threads up, BUT... I am really waiting for someone that has seen the show and posted that Eden was amazing to back up the statement. Is she amazing because you went in there wanting her to be, or because her performance was amazing? Was it her acting? Her singing? I know she has a great voice, but the songs could be better, and she only really has (2) numbers. I dont think the book supports a great acting performance by anyone in the cast.

I have read so many of these "Eden is amazing" reviews, and no one has stated why.

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
Testing1232 Profile Photo
Testing1232
#54re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/10/04 at 1:05pm

Agree, Tiny... as I have stated many times. Great voice. However, she has two "big" numbers, and the songs that she gets to sing are far from classics. And that makes her performance, as you stated "mind-blowing"?? The fact that she has a great voice? There are tons of actresses on Broadway (and off) with great voices. Tonya Pinkins was mind-blowing. Heather Headley was mind-blowing. Marin Mazzie had a few performances that, if not mind-blowing, were excellent. Except for Heather, the others did not win Tonys. These were recent performances. Ms. Peters had some mind-blowing performances.

Eden might have it in her, but it was not evident in this show. Having a great voice does not make for a mind-blowing performance.

Tiny-Toon Profile Photo
Tiny-Toon
#55re: ** Brooklyn The Musical - 10/7 My Review **
Posted: 10/10/04 at 1:28pm

Well, for me Ramona stole the show.. but still.. Eden was great. I would say that Eden is building her way up on Broadway (from WICKED to star in BROOKLYN). From your review of Brooklyn, and after seeing it, i saw that many things were changed.
(they also cut the "15-min to show and not stoping" thing you said)

Updated On: 10/10/04 at 01:28 PM

Videos